Skip to main content

Us

As we are coming up on our 4 year wedding anniversary I start to think about the night that we met and the whirlwind that followed and how we got here today, to this exact point.
I want Grayson to know our story so I'm going to tell it here now.

It was July 27th 2008 (die that seems like forever ago) My best friend bar tended at our local bar and called me that night and told me to come see her. She said it was dead and that she wanted to hang out with me. I was supposed to go with a group of friends to the fair but opted out and went down to the bar instead.

I was there for a few hours it was like 11:30 and I was outside hanging out with some friends. There was a guy walking up into the bar and for no reason I yelled out "have a nice night". He looked at me with a WTF face and said "oh I will" and away he went. I made my way back into the bar and was having a drink when I decided to play the jukebox. I turned around and there was the same guy trying to get his 5 dollar bill into the money slot. It just would not go in so he walked away. I ran over quick and tried to get mine in. Well karma was there and mine would not go in either. He turned around and said "hey I was playing the jukebox" to which my smart ass replied "move your feet lose your seat". I popped behind the bar and traded out my five(I knew the owners) but for some reason I grabbed him one too. He smiled and my heart skipped. His eyes were gorgeous and he smiled with them it was an instant spark in me. I felt it my missing piece was in front of me.

We agreed to go every other song and both put our money in. We talked and laughed. He asked me to dance which in this bar not a normal thing but I agreed. He would later say he wanted an excuse to hug me. It was one of those movie moments. What seemed to fly by was actually 3 hours and the bar was closing. He asked for my number, I gave it to him and we went our separate ways. He called the next day. I didn't call back. Something told me to wait. I didn't for 3 weeks. He text me one night and asked if I would be at the bar that we met at. I replied maybe and made other plans. But then when it was time to leave I found myself turning to go the bar instead of my original destination. I walked in and saw him instantly he smiled and I melted. That was it. We were together from that moment on. He had this force, I was just drawn to him. My whole universe shifted and I needed to be with this person.

Of course small problem I had a trip planned to Mexico the following Friday, oh and I was still traveling for work Monday -Friday we we only had 2 days a week together. He didn't blink an eye and said "any second I can get I will take it". He used to get up at 4:00 in the morning to drive me to the airport and he used to pick me up. We talked everyday on the phone for hours. We wrote love letters and text every second we could. I was so deep in and I knew he was too. We had only been officially dating for 2 weeks when he told me he loved me for the first time and I cried because I felt the same way.

We had our fair share of people trying to get in between our love. I was young people were childish but we fought through. Our love and devotion to eachother never wavered. In November we had both signed up to work overtime on Saturday. We pulled out of his driveway me first then him close behind. I looked into my review mirror to see him behind me and smiled. We drove down the road another mile and then I looked again  only to see his car flipping on it's side and heading for a tree. I screamed, tears came instantly and I tried to stop. But I couldn't the roads were covered with black ice. I finally stopped slammed into park and ran. I can so fast sobbing the whole way, scarred of what I would find and then there he was standing, with no injuries. I hugged him so tight. His car had flipped on the drivers side and slid to the opposite side of the road. Thankfully it just missed a tree and flipped back to right side up. I was a wreck. I have never felt terror like that. That day solidified my thoughts. This was my person, my soul mate, my partner. I needed him.

Once month later he proposed to me and I said yes. He even asked my parent permission and while they thought it was fast they could see our love and knew he would do everything he could to take care of me. We bought our first house a month later and moved in, in April. We put our heart and soul into that house and it is still a work in progress but it is ours, we came home from our honeymoon there and brought Grayson home there. We were married August 29,2009. It was the best day. It was a new chapter one that we would write together. We have grown a lot in 4 years. We have a baby who is just to die for and we have the best friendship.
I love you Michael Smith. Thank you for being my person, my love, my soul mate.

Grayson, be like your daddy. He loves hard, he loves with all he has, and he loves forever. You have such a good example of what a man, father, husband, best friend is. Be like him. You can't go wrong.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favorites

Love that it's Friday Love that its Friday and we have a beautiful weekend ahead of us! Linking up with Andrea today! One These PJ's. When we first got married (and even before I was married really) I used to wear cute PJ's to bed and then I started to wear not so cute PJ's to bed so I ordered some new ones and OMG girls get these now. So so soft so so comfy and under $20.00! Plus they have pockets!   Two While your shopping at Kohls throw some of these picture frames in your cart! Just for fun! I love that they are easy to change out and have a distressed look! Plus they can sit on a shelf or be hung on the wall. Love! Three We have been swimming like crazy and that equals all the things that go with swimming like a million towels and swim suits. My bathroom was a mess. I usually never wash my swim suits I just rinse them out and hang dry they last a lot longer doing it that way and so I had things hanging every where! So I ord

A nice little sweet spot

The sweet spot…. We seem to have hit one. I feel like we have not been in a sweet spot since the twins were about 6 months old. You know before they were mobile and can get into a ton of mischief. When kids are 0-6 months they still like to be held they eat mostly bottles and they mostly just stay in one spot. No issues, you can go places and even though you have to pack up your whole house to be prepared you can relax. And if you are in my family someone is always willing to hold or feed or change a baby. 7-months to 2.5 years old is what I refer to as the lost years. You have so many things you have to do for them they are not potty trained and they are mobile and get into EVERYTHING. Going outside is more work than its worth and with twins they scatter in opposite directions. Three on one is so hard handle in big open spaces. I would often find myself skipping outside time because the work was just too much for me. When the twins turned 3 and Grayson was 6 it felt like we had a

Home Schooling

Ah home schooling something that all of the country was thrown into. March 13 th was the last day that Grayson went to school and Charlotte and Marshalls last day was March 12 th . We got the call on March 15 th that school was closed for 2 weeks and that a pick up for at home materials would be on Tuesday. It was not required just suggested and so we loosely did school work. A worksheet here, spelling words here, some math problems ya know simple things. We truly believed that 2 weeks and they would be back in the classroom that is what the district presented as happening and so the distance learning was just to occupy time not to really learn anything new. Everything we were given was review.  Then we got the notification March 30 th we were closed again for another 2 weeks. Again, we were being loose with the learning because I was now working from home all but one day a week and had all three kids home and lets be honest it was a lot. Michael was still working 4-5 days a wee