Skip to main content

Past, Present, Future

Past


We have been living in a frozen tundra and according to the weather man we have a vortex over us. I don't know what a vortex is but I'm over it. I hate being cold all the time. 

My office that I work in is a converted pole barn and does not have the best instillation. It is so cold. Yesterday when I went to get in my car for work is said -4. Plus we had wind that made the temperature -30. I got to work and the office was still so cold my hands were frozen after only an hour. I also got a horrible migraine and decided to pack it up and head back home and work from there. A quick nap later and I was feeling better and warmer. Once I finished my work I demanded in the nicest way ever that we had to get all the decorations down. I also did not visit with Jillian yesterday mostly because it's time for my monthly bill and I just knew that our TV would end up with a hole in it if I tried to even look at her face yesterday.


Present

All of our Christmas decor is packed away for another year. I love putting it up but once it comes down I love how clean and organized everything looks.

We are going to a birthday party tonight. My uncle's(by marriage) mom is turning 92! When you are up there like that you celebrate every chance you get! Her wish list includes 
Wisps
Kleenex
Individually wrapped lifesaver peppermints
Book marks

Ahhh to have simple needs and not be like me where I say give me everything I want or I will focus on the one thing on my list I did not get. Although since having kid I have jumped off that train and more onto it's about my baby.


My poor husband has to be out working in the vortex and says he is freezing his balls off today. Gas delivery drivers cannot work from home bummer.

I will be working out double tonight to make up for missing a day. I really hate to admit it but I feel better when I workout but I still hate having to do it. 


Future

I read Holly's blog today and she gave me the kick in the ass I needed. So I will be attempting the Dr. OZ plan as well. I'm a carbivore, as in the more carbs the better. I'm sure I will be the biggest bitch the first couple days but really if it can help me shed the pounds I will get down in funky town. Now I just have to get to the store and get all the ingredients. Which hopefully will happen tomorrow and then I can board the crazy train. The one thing I'm looking forward to is the detox bath. Because the conversation in my house will go like this.
Me: I have to take a bath tonight and I want to do it after Grayson goes to bed. I will be lighting candles and listen to Jason Alden radio on Pandora.
Husband: I don't think you have to take a bath but if you want to take one tonight go ahead
Me: No I have to and if you would have listened to me when I told you that Dr.Oz said for 2 weeks I have to do a detox bath
Husband: I do listen you just talk so much I forget parts of it, Can I join you?
Me: No (slams door in is face)

We really do love each other.

Happy Wednesday!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favorites

Love that it's Friday Love that its Friday and we have a beautiful weekend ahead of us! Linking up with Andrea today! One These PJ's. When we first got married (and even before I was married really) I used to wear cute PJ's to bed and then I started to wear not so cute PJ's to bed so I ordered some new ones and OMG girls get these now. So so soft so so comfy and under $20.00! Plus they have pockets!   Two While your shopping at Kohls throw some of these picture frames in your cart! Just for fun! I love that they are easy to change out and have a distressed look! Plus they can sit on a shelf or be hung on the wall. Love! Three We have been swimming like crazy and that equals all the things that go with swimming like a million towels and swim suits. My bathroom was a mess. I usually never wash my swim suits I just rinse them out and hang dry they last a lot longer doing it that way and so I had things hanging every where! So I ord

A nice little sweet spot

The sweet spot…. We seem to have hit one. I feel like we have not been in a sweet spot since the twins were about 6 months old. You know before they were mobile and can get into a ton of mischief. When kids are 0-6 months they still like to be held they eat mostly bottles and they mostly just stay in one spot. No issues, you can go places and even though you have to pack up your whole house to be prepared you can relax. And if you are in my family someone is always willing to hold or feed or change a baby. 7-months to 2.5 years old is what I refer to as the lost years. You have so many things you have to do for them they are not potty trained and they are mobile and get into EVERYTHING. Going outside is more work than its worth and with twins they scatter in opposite directions. Three on one is so hard handle in big open spaces. I would often find myself skipping outside time because the work was just too much for me. When the twins turned 3 and Grayson was 6 it felt like we had a

Home Schooling

Ah home schooling something that all of the country was thrown into. March 13 th was the last day that Grayson went to school and Charlotte and Marshalls last day was March 12 th . We got the call on March 15 th that school was closed for 2 weeks and that a pick up for at home materials would be on Tuesday. It was not required just suggested and so we loosely did school work. A worksheet here, spelling words here, some math problems ya know simple things. We truly believed that 2 weeks and they would be back in the classroom that is what the district presented as happening and so the distance learning was just to occupy time not to really learn anything new. Everything we were given was review.  Then we got the notification March 30 th we were closed again for another 2 weeks. Again, we were being loose with the learning because I was now working from home all but one day a week and had all three kids home and lets be honest it was a lot. Michael was still working 4-5 days a wee