Skip to main content

How it works in our house

We may have a very different family dynamic than most and I'm all good with it. (for the most part)
Work schedules being what they are we are often left to single parent Grayson because we have opposite days off.
My husband (praise the lord) is very hands on with Grayson
I give most of the credit to him but the other part is that on Monday and Tuesday's he has no choice because he is home alone with him. This forced him very early on that he had to know how to do everything for him.

Our typical days when we both work I end up doing most things in the morning solo. Michael is nice enough to put the bottle together and pour the water in it for me which in my world is huge! and saves me some time.
Here is our typical Wednesday-
5:15- I wake up. I usually shower the night before so that I can get an extra half an hour of sleep. Plus I work out at night so I need to get clean before I climb into bed. Win, win. I get up let the dog out and throw my clothes in the dryer for a fluff. I pack my lunch and make G's bottle. Then I get dressed and do my make up and hair.
The office I work in is super laid back so I get to wear jeans and sweatshirts to work and in the summer shorts and tank tops! I love it! Plus if I'm having a rushed morning and only have time to do mascara and a high pony it's all good.
6:00- I go wake up G man (if he's not already up). I get him changed and dressed comb his hair, do a quick photo shoot to send daddy a picture and then suit him right up into his coat, hat , and mittens.
6:20- We are in the car and rolling to daycare. We talk to Michael on the way to work. Most of the time G falls asleep but if he's awake we talk and sing to him. Since Michael is already gone for work when G gets up this is a way that we decided he can still be part of his morning routine. I personally love it.
6:40ish I drop G off at daycare. He eats his first bottle here that I make at home.
6:50ish I get to work and turn on my computer and get started for the day
3:30 I get out for the day. On Wednesday I usually run some errands after work because Michael picks up G from daycare usually around 2.
4:00-4:30- I get home and start dinner. We are usually all out in the kitchen. Michael feeds G at this time and we just hang out while I cook and Michael does the dishes or goes through the mail.
5:00- We eat no later than 5 sometimes sooner depending on when I get home and such. Once we are done with dinner we play with G down on the floor which as of late just means stopping him from grabbing the DVD player.
6:00- I do my workout and Michael take G upstairs with him while he play guitar.
6:45- Michael starts to run G's bath. I go upstairs and get his jimmy jams and a diaper for him.I make his night time bottle and make the coffee for the next day.
7:15- I feed Grayson his night time bottle, burp him and then he is in bed by 7:30
7:30- I pick up the toys (if it's not already done) and then jump in the shower. Michael does the dishes and cleans up the kitchen then he gets in the shower
8:00- We watch a show together upstairs or just talk about our day
8:30-9:00- It's lights out baby because we are old and Michael gets up at 3:20 in the morning.

That's how it works in our house! And I love every second of it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favorites

Love that it's Friday Love that its Friday and we have a beautiful weekend ahead of us! Linking up with Andrea today! One These PJ's. When we first got married (and even before I was married really) I used to wear cute PJ's to bed and then I started to wear not so cute PJ's to bed so I ordered some new ones and OMG girls get these now. So so soft so so comfy and under $20.00! Plus they have pockets!   Two While your shopping at Kohls throw some of these picture frames in your cart! Just for fun! I love that they are easy to change out and have a distressed look! Plus they can sit on a shelf or be hung on the wall. Love! Three We have been swimming like crazy and that equals all the things that go with swimming like a million towels and swim suits. My bathroom was a mess. I usually never wash my swim suits I just rinse them out and hang dry they last a lot longer doing it that way and so I had things hanging every where! So I ord

A nice little sweet spot

The sweet spot…. We seem to have hit one. I feel like we have not been in a sweet spot since the twins were about 6 months old. You know before they were mobile and can get into a ton of mischief. When kids are 0-6 months they still like to be held they eat mostly bottles and they mostly just stay in one spot. No issues, you can go places and even though you have to pack up your whole house to be prepared you can relax. And if you are in my family someone is always willing to hold or feed or change a baby. 7-months to 2.5 years old is what I refer to as the lost years. You have so many things you have to do for them they are not potty trained and they are mobile and get into EVERYTHING. Going outside is more work than its worth and with twins they scatter in opposite directions. Three on one is so hard handle in big open spaces. I would often find myself skipping outside time because the work was just too much for me. When the twins turned 3 and Grayson was 6 it felt like we had a

Home Schooling

Ah home schooling something that all of the country was thrown into. March 13 th was the last day that Grayson went to school and Charlotte and Marshalls last day was March 12 th . We got the call on March 15 th that school was closed for 2 weeks and that a pick up for at home materials would be on Tuesday. It was not required just suggested and so we loosely did school work. A worksheet here, spelling words here, some math problems ya know simple things. We truly believed that 2 weeks and they would be back in the classroom that is what the district presented as happening and so the distance learning was just to occupy time not to really learn anything new. Everything we were given was review.  Then we got the notification March 30 th we were closed again for another 2 weeks. Again, we were being loose with the learning because I was now working from home all but one day a week and had all three kids home and lets be honest it was a lot. Michael was still working 4-5 days a wee