Skip to main content

Updateish

An update of sorts on the little man that rules my roost (and heart).

First of all why a doctor tells you ASAP and then is not in the office the next day to read the results blows my effing mind. Get real people if you tell me Go! Now! Fast! Timeisoftheessence! I do it duh!
Anyway (be prepared for little vents like that sprinkled through out the rest of the post)
G needed the x-ray done to determine if the constant congestion was caused by enlarged adenoids.
So I took half a day on Tuesday and off we went to get the x-ray done.
First of all the technician we had was amaze balls. He was really nice and calm and that is what my baby jives well with so it went flawlessly. He did not make a noise, no crying, no yelling ( a normal for him). He just stared at the lights.
We were in and out within an hour which in my book equals success. They told us your doctor will have the results within the hour. So I'm thinking hey 4 ish we should be hearing from the doctor.

Well in case you don't know this about me when it comes to things like this well I jump the gun. We called at 3:30. Had to leave a message and then about an hour later got a call saying "James is not in the office and since he wrote the script only he can read the results so it won't be until tomorrow." I think steam came through my ears but in reality what difference did it make I just like to be dramatic sometimes.

Grayson was just off all night I could tell and his right eye started to goop up. He went down relatively easy but woke up at 10 got rocked back to sleep and was back out for the night until 3:30 when we woke up to a black tar like poop. I made a note about it and got him back to bed. My sister stayed at our house with him so he did not have to go to daycare.
Thankfully the doctor called me at 8:05 and said yes he has enlarged adenoids. And gave me a referral for an ENT. It just happened to be the same ENT that removed my tonsills and adenoids some odd years ago. The earliest they can get us in is December 10th. Blah and now I'm just crossing my fingers that we can get this surgery done on our current insurance (another story for another day).
 My sister called me around 9:00 saying he had another black tar like poop and it smelled awful. I did the sensible crazy thing and googled it. I got a variety of answers that all said go call your doctor. So I did again for the 3rd time this week.

They said of course bring him in. As previously stated I CANNOT leave work on Wednesday's. So my hubby took him to the doctor with the diapers in question in tow. They tested them right in the office and they tested negative for blood. It is probably his body adjusting to the new foods that we are giving him. They also rechecked his eyes and said they looked good. His cough well they said it will take time. They told my husband that we were doing a good job and that he looks healthy aside from the nose and cough. That made me feel good because as a parent when your babe is sick you feel helpless.

We sent him to daycare today because he seemed fine yesterday. Still laughing and playing in his jumper. We did have a diaper explosion last night that was up the back but it was right before bath time so in he went a few minutes early. He has been fighting the cereal at night it takes FOREVER to feed him but I think that is just his teeth coming through.

My hubby and I were talking about the whole adenoid surgery situation and while it makes us both nervous if my kid can breath better and not have constant congestion we will have put aside our fears and get him better. Ultimately we will do what the ENT says. He is the best in our area so trust him fully and he did an awesome job taking the ish out of my head.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favorites

Love that it's Friday Love that its Friday and we have a beautiful weekend ahead of us! Linking up with Andrea today! One These PJ's. When we first got married (and even before I was married really) I used to wear cute PJ's to bed and then I started to wear not so cute PJ's to bed so I ordered some new ones and OMG girls get these now. So so soft so so comfy and under $20.00! Plus they have pockets!   Two While your shopping at Kohls throw some of these picture frames in your cart! Just for fun! I love that they are easy to change out and have a distressed look! Plus they can sit on a shelf or be hung on the wall. Love! Three We have been swimming like crazy and that equals all the things that go with swimming like a million towels and swim suits. My bathroom was a mess. I usually never wash my swim suits I just rinse them out and hang dry they last a lot longer doing it that way and so I had things hanging every where! So I ord

A nice little sweet spot

The sweet spot…. We seem to have hit one. I feel like we have not been in a sweet spot since the twins were about 6 months old. You know before they were mobile and can get into a ton of mischief. When kids are 0-6 months they still like to be held they eat mostly bottles and they mostly just stay in one spot. No issues, you can go places and even though you have to pack up your whole house to be prepared you can relax. And if you are in my family someone is always willing to hold or feed or change a baby. 7-months to 2.5 years old is what I refer to as the lost years. You have so many things you have to do for them they are not potty trained and they are mobile and get into EVERYTHING. Going outside is more work than its worth and with twins they scatter in opposite directions. Three on one is so hard handle in big open spaces. I would often find myself skipping outside time because the work was just too much for me. When the twins turned 3 and Grayson was 6 it felt like we had a

Home Schooling

Ah home schooling something that all of the country was thrown into. March 13 th was the last day that Grayson went to school and Charlotte and Marshalls last day was March 12 th . We got the call on March 15 th that school was closed for 2 weeks and that a pick up for at home materials would be on Tuesday. It was not required just suggested and so we loosely did school work. A worksheet here, spelling words here, some math problems ya know simple things. We truly believed that 2 weeks and they would be back in the classroom that is what the district presented as happening and so the distance learning was just to occupy time not to really learn anything new. Everything we were given was review.  Then we got the notification March 30 th we were closed again for another 2 weeks. Again, we were being loose with the learning because I was now working from home all but one day a week and had all three kids home and lets be honest it was a lot. Michael was still working 4-5 days a wee