Skip to main content

This, that and the weekend

Friday night was pure relaxation. It's nice to just spend time at home with my family doing nothing but cuddling your 7 month old baby.

Saturday- We had a great morning not that every morning that I get to be home with my nugget isn't great but there was just something about Saturday that was awesome. We played and then he ate his cereal and bottle and went off to dream land. For 3 hours!!! I got a ton done. 3 loads of laundry, dusting the living room, cleaning his toys, vacuumed the whole house, and got myself ready for the day. My boy woke up so so happy we got dressed and then ran to pick up my sister and went to a little shop in the town she lives in. This town is my Achilles heal because I could spend a TON of money there on decor for my home however I gave myself a budget and came in under it. I got some cute hand painted wooden turkey's (mucho cuteness I will take picture and post later) and a cute hook for G's room to hang his towel on, and a nice sign for our bedroom with the saying "forever, and always no matter what". Then my sissy came home with us and Michael and I got ready and we headed out to our local Junior Wilson Club for a few drinks and some wings it was a blast until I got home and fell asleep and one hour later ONE HOUR LATER G woke up. I swear they know when momma has had a few drinks. I broke down in mommy weakness and gave him a night bottle something he has not had in 4 months and well he fell asleep and stayed asleep until 7 the next morning. Growth spurt? I don't know.

Sunday- We relaxed all day he took decent naps and I relaxed and cleaned the bathroom until we had to go to dinner with the family. It was my Grandma's 88th birthday dinner. I'm so blessed to still have her with me (she is my dad's mom) and the joy she had on her face when she is surrounded by her children, grandchildren and GREAT grandchildren is simply amazing.



BREAKING NEWS

G's first teeth are breaking through. It's on the bottom and you can feel the little sharp points the top gums are supper soft so I'm hoping for all 4 teeth to come in at once. He has been a little more fussy lately which now I know why.

We started 2nd foods he loves them however I do not love the diapers that come with them I almost lost my cookies this morning. When can we start potty training?

This week we plan to go to a pumpkin patch and have some fun family moments!
Happy Monday everyone!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favorites

Love that it's Friday Love that its Friday and we have a beautiful weekend ahead of us! Linking up with Andrea today! One These PJ's. When we first got married (and even before I was married really) I used to wear cute PJ's to bed and then I started to wear not so cute PJ's to bed so I ordered some new ones and OMG girls get these now. So so soft so so comfy and under $20.00! Plus they have pockets!   Two While your shopping at Kohls throw some of these picture frames in your cart! Just for fun! I love that they are easy to change out and have a distressed look! Plus they can sit on a shelf or be hung on the wall. Love! Three We have been swimming like crazy and that equals all the things that go with swimming like a million towels and swim suits. My bathroom was a mess. I usually never wash my swim suits I just rinse them out and hang dry they last a lot longer doing it that way and so I had things hanging every where! So I ord

A nice little sweet spot

The sweet spot…. We seem to have hit one. I feel like we have not been in a sweet spot since the twins were about 6 months old. You know before they were mobile and can get into a ton of mischief. When kids are 0-6 months they still like to be held they eat mostly bottles and they mostly just stay in one spot. No issues, you can go places and even though you have to pack up your whole house to be prepared you can relax. And if you are in my family someone is always willing to hold or feed or change a baby. 7-months to 2.5 years old is what I refer to as the lost years. You have so many things you have to do for them they are not potty trained and they are mobile and get into EVERYTHING. Going outside is more work than its worth and with twins they scatter in opposite directions. Three on one is so hard handle in big open spaces. I would often find myself skipping outside time because the work was just too much for me. When the twins turned 3 and Grayson was 6 it felt like we had a

Home Schooling

Ah home schooling something that all of the country was thrown into. March 13 th was the last day that Grayson went to school and Charlotte and Marshalls last day was March 12 th . We got the call on March 15 th that school was closed for 2 weeks and that a pick up for at home materials would be on Tuesday. It was not required just suggested and so we loosely did school work. A worksheet here, spelling words here, some math problems ya know simple things. We truly believed that 2 weeks and they would be back in the classroom that is what the district presented as happening and so the distance learning was just to occupy time not to really learn anything new. Everything we were given was review.  Then we got the notification March 30 th we were closed again for another 2 weeks. Again, we were being loose with the learning because I was now working from home all but one day a week and had all three kids home and lets be honest it was a lot. Michael was still working 4-5 days a wee