Skip to main content

Ummmm no sleep= ugh

My poor sweet darling baby boy has something going on.

As soon as I walked in the door yesterday Michael told me that he just seemed off and had not slept good at all for his naps. I figured since he was exhausted that I would let him get a cat nap in. We laid in the chair together and he drifted off into sleep so I not thinking decided to get him in his crib. Well that was a big giant FAIL he woke up and was raising his arms to me all while having tears in his eyes. I scooped him up and just came to the conclusion that I had to make dinner one handed (hubby was at an appointment). I got the garlic bread in the oven and he seemed pretty happy so I put him in his high chair with some toys.

He was actually pretty decent and let me cook dinner (mac n cheese!!!!) But then once dinner was done and we were ready to eat......well that was when the shit show started. He did not want to be put down. At all. For even a second. So my hubby ate while I held grumpy pants. Then I inhaled my dinner while Michael held G. We did our bed time routine half an hour early because boy could not even keep his eyes open. He ate good so that made me feel better but he felt warm to me so I took his temp. It was 100.4. I gave him Tylenol and he was in bed by 6:15. He slept until 10:15 and then it was battle royal. He did NOT want to be put down. SO I held him in the glider and slept on and off until 2:30 then he was up and wriggling like a freaking fish out of water. Well a couple passes of gas and he passed out for half an hour then he was up until 4:00 couple more passes and he went down until 6:00 this morning when I had to get him up for daycare. He didn't have a fever and I CANNOT miss work on Wednesday's so I took him. However my sister is off work today so she had him picked up before 8:15 this morning.


I feel better that he is home with his Aunt. Don't know why just gives me piece of mind.
I think last nights shit show was mixture of gas (from the Karo syrup from him being constipated and having to strain during pooping insert sad face and the fact that the fix for one thing causes a whole different problem!) and teething/head cold. I hate when he is sick and has those sick eyes.
We have been battling stuffy nose syndrome for 2 weeks now. And I'm for real considering getting him adjusted at the chiropractor because to be honest we both need relief from the wiping and fighting the wiping of the nose.

Here's to 3:30 when I drag myself home to take a nap because 3 UN-consecutive hours of sleep make this girl a hot mess.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favorites

Love that it's Friday Love that its Friday and we have a beautiful weekend ahead of us! Linking up with Andrea today! One These PJ's. When we first got married (and even before I was married really) I used to wear cute PJ's to bed and then I started to wear not so cute PJ's to bed so I ordered some new ones and OMG girls get these now. So so soft so so comfy and under $20.00! Plus they have pockets!   Two While your shopping at Kohls throw some of these picture frames in your cart! Just for fun! I love that they are easy to change out and have a distressed look! Plus they can sit on a shelf or be hung on the wall. Love! Three We have been swimming like crazy and that equals all the things that go with swimming like a million towels and swim suits. My bathroom was a mess. I usually never wash my swim suits I just rinse them out and hang dry they last a lot longer doing it that way and so I had things hanging every where! So I ord

A nice little sweet spot

The sweet spot…. We seem to have hit one. I feel like we have not been in a sweet spot since the twins were about 6 months old. You know before they were mobile and can get into a ton of mischief. When kids are 0-6 months they still like to be held they eat mostly bottles and they mostly just stay in one spot. No issues, you can go places and even though you have to pack up your whole house to be prepared you can relax. And if you are in my family someone is always willing to hold or feed or change a baby. 7-months to 2.5 years old is what I refer to as the lost years. You have so many things you have to do for them they are not potty trained and they are mobile and get into EVERYTHING. Going outside is more work than its worth and with twins they scatter in opposite directions. Three on one is so hard handle in big open spaces. I would often find myself skipping outside time because the work was just too much for me. When the twins turned 3 and Grayson was 6 it felt like we had a

Home Schooling

Ah home schooling something that all of the country was thrown into. March 13 th was the last day that Grayson went to school and Charlotte and Marshalls last day was March 12 th . We got the call on March 15 th that school was closed for 2 weeks and that a pick up for at home materials would be on Tuesday. It was not required just suggested and so we loosely did school work. A worksheet here, spelling words here, some math problems ya know simple things. We truly believed that 2 weeks and they would be back in the classroom that is what the district presented as happening and so the distance learning was just to occupy time not to really learn anything new. Everything we were given was review.  Then we got the notification March 30 th we were closed again for another 2 weeks. Again, we were being loose with the learning because I was now working from home all but one day a week and had all three kids home and lets be honest it was a lot. Michael was still working 4-5 days a wee