Skip to main content

Weekend Re-cap

Weekends go by too fast. I say that we implement a 2 day work week 5 day weekend! Anyone with me?

Friday- I got out of work 2 hours early because I had an appointment. That went super fast and only took half an hour so then I headed over to Target! I needed new jeans in a bad way and since we were going out the next night I then needed a new outfit. I got the cutest jeans and shirt from Target. Sadly I could not find any boots I liked soooo I bought a couple more shirts! It was so nice to take my time in Target and not fight feeding times or naps or my hubby saying that he is hungry. I got 3 shirts, one pair of jeans, a gel nail polish kit, Almay CC cream, 2 pairs of pants for G, some undergarments for myself, and new make up brushes all for $116.00. Cartwheel which I wrote about in my 5 on Friday saved me $9.00. Plus you can stack cartwheel with target coupons so I saved over $30.00 on my shopping trip!Then I had to get supplies for the next night aka jello shots! I picked up a pizza on my way home and was off to see my boys. We relaxed and I started to get G's stuff ready for his overnight at Gigi's on Saturday.

Saturday- I woke up and hung out with G until we had to pick up my sister so she could spend the day with us and then go out in the limo! We feed G his bottle and then he went down for his long nap. We made the jell-o shots and got everything around for the limo. I got G all packed up and then when he woke up we got him dressed and fed him is bottle. After that it was off to the U-pick for some more apples. My mom met us there and just took Grayson home with her from there. We got back home around 3 and by that time Michael was home so we took a nap. 2 hours later we were all refreshed and then we got ready for the big night out. Had some dinner and then headed over to Chris and Tracy's. The limo was right on time and we went to surprise Marie! She cried when she saw all of us because she was just saying 2 seconds before we called her to come out that she had no friends and then there we all were in the parking lot ready to party down! It was a blast we hit 4 bars and there was plenty of dancing and boozing. Our limo driver was the bomb.com. It was a late night though we didn't crawl into bed until 3 am. That is what time Michael normally gets up to go to work so we felt it for sure.

Sunday we got up and went to breakfast at our local restaurant just Michael and me. It was nice to have some one on one time with my hubby. Then we went home and got the house ready for his party next weekend all while watching our Bill's win!!!! 2-2 baby I love it. We went to my mom's for dinner and to see our gorgeous baby. Oh how we missed him. I hate being a way from him for the night but it is nice to have some QT with the hubby.

Overall great weekend. This week consists of decorating the front porch and full on party planning mode!
Enjoy the day as much as anyone can enjoy a Monday back at work blah!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favorites

Love that it's Friday Love that its Friday and we have a beautiful weekend ahead of us! Linking up with Andrea today! One These PJ's. When we first got married (and even before I was married really) I used to wear cute PJ's to bed and then I started to wear not so cute PJ's to bed so I ordered some new ones and OMG girls get these now. So so soft so so comfy and under $20.00! Plus they have pockets!   Two While your shopping at Kohls throw some of these picture frames in your cart! Just for fun! I love that they are easy to change out and have a distressed look! Plus they can sit on a shelf or be hung on the wall. Love! Three We have been swimming like crazy and that equals all the things that go with swimming like a million towels and swim suits. My bathroom was a mess. I usually never wash my swim suits I just rinse them out and hang dry they last a lot longer doing it that way and so I had things hanging every where! So I ord

A nice little sweet spot

The sweet spot…. We seem to have hit one. I feel like we have not been in a sweet spot since the twins were about 6 months old. You know before they were mobile and can get into a ton of mischief. When kids are 0-6 months they still like to be held they eat mostly bottles and they mostly just stay in one spot. No issues, you can go places and even though you have to pack up your whole house to be prepared you can relax. And if you are in my family someone is always willing to hold or feed or change a baby. 7-months to 2.5 years old is what I refer to as the lost years. You have so many things you have to do for them they are not potty trained and they are mobile and get into EVERYTHING. Going outside is more work than its worth and with twins they scatter in opposite directions. Three on one is so hard handle in big open spaces. I would often find myself skipping outside time because the work was just too much for me. When the twins turned 3 and Grayson was 6 it felt like we had a

Home Schooling

Ah home schooling something that all of the country was thrown into. March 13 th was the last day that Grayson went to school and Charlotte and Marshalls last day was March 12 th . We got the call on March 15 th that school was closed for 2 weeks and that a pick up for at home materials would be on Tuesday. It was not required just suggested and so we loosely did school work. A worksheet here, spelling words here, some math problems ya know simple things. We truly believed that 2 weeks and they would be back in the classroom that is what the district presented as happening and so the distance learning was just to occupy time not to really learn anything new. Everything we were given was review.  Then we got the notification March 30 th we were closed again for another 2 weeks. Again, we were being loose with the learning because I was now working from home all but one day a week and had all three kids home and lets be honest it was a lot. Michael was still working 4-5 days a wee