Skip to main content

This weekend and then some

This weekend is busy like the rest.

Friday I'm pretty sure is free but as I type that I fear that the hubby may call saying "hey girl we got plans".
I really just want to pull out my fall decor Friday night and decorate. Fingers crossed it stays that way.

Saturday- My baby girl Libby turns 8!!! I can't believe it. I remember when my sister-in-law went into labor with her. I mean I die every time I think about it. So we have her party on Saturday night. So Saturday is the clean and laundry marathon.

Sunday- Is football and shopping. Our dear friend is turning 21 and we are all going out in a limo!!! So I want to run to the store and get some fun "21" stuff for her. We go out on the 28th. Michael has the next day off and my mom will have Grayson. I'm excited for a night out without having to worry about driving home and getting up with a baby at the ass crack of dawn.

I had a light bulb moment the other day when thinking about Grayson. I'm trying really hard to stop saying things like. "I can't wait until he crawls, or walks, or talks, or waves goodbye." I neeeeeeed to stop wishing time away. Instead I'm trying to focus on the moment I'm in and enjoy the squishy baby I have in front of me at this moment.

I truly do love my life. I know I'm blessed. My husband and I have started a new routine at night by telling each other what made us feel blessed that day. I always use the word blessed because I remember a sermon from church a while back and the pastor said there is no such thing as luck it is purely about being blessed. So from that moment on I try to be conscious of using blessed not lucky.

The weather is supposed to be crap-tastic this weekend so I'm looking forward to bundling up in jeans and sweatshirts! Also crock pot meals!!!! And I'm in full party planning mode for my Michael's birthday. He wants a taco party so I'm just trying to figure out appetizers. Oh yeah and trying to stay in a $100.00 budget for food and drink. Bring on the coupons people because I'm bound and determined to get it done.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favorites

Love that it's Friday Love that its Friday and we have a beautiful weekend ahead of us! Linking up with Andrea today! One These PJ's. When we first got married (and even before I was married really) I used to wear cute PJ's to bed and then I started to wear not so cute PJ's to bed so I ordered some new ones and OMG girls get these now. So so soft so so comfy and under $20.00! Plus they have pockets!   Two While your shopping at Kohls throw some of these picture frames in your cart! Just for fun! I love that they are easy to change out and have a distressed look! Plus they can sit on a shelf or be hung on the wall. Love! Three We have been swimming like crazy and that equals all the things that go with swimming like a million towels and swim suits. My bathroom was a mess. I usually never wash my swim suits I just rinse them out and hang dry they last a lot longer doing it that way and so I had things hanging every where! So I ord

A nice little sweet spot

The sweet spot…. We seem to have hit one. I feel like we have not been in a sweet spot since the twins were about 6 months old. You know before they were mobile and can get into a ton of mischief. When kids are 0-6 months they still like to be held they eat mostly bottles and they mostly just stay in one spot. No issues, you can go places and even though you have to pack up your whole house to be prepared you can relax. And if you are in my family someone is always willing to hold or feed or change a baby. 7-months to 2.5 years old is what I refer to as the lost years. You have so many things you have to do for them they are not potty trained and they are mobile and get into EVERYTHING. Going outside is more work than its worth and with twins they scatter in opposite directions. Three on one is so hard handle in big open spaces. I would often find myself skipping outside time because the work was just too much for me. When the twins turned 3 and Grayson was 6 it felt like we had a

Home Schooling

Ah home schooling something that all of the country was thrown into. March 13 th was the last day that Grayson went to school and Charlotte and Marshalls last day was March 12 th . We got the call on March 15 th that school was closed for 2 weeks and that a pick up for at home materials would be on Tuesday. It was not required just suggested and so we loosely did school work. A worksheet here, spelling words here, some math problems ya know simple things. We truly believed that 2 weeks and they would be back in the classroom that is what the district presented as happening and so the distance learning was just to occupy time not to really learn anything new. Everything we were given was review.  Then we got the notification March 30 th we were closed again for another 2 weeks. Again, we were being loose with the learning because I was now working from home all but one day a week and had all three kids home and lets be honest it was a lot. Michael was still working 4-5 days a wee