Skip to main content

Why men are frustrating

I'm eye balls deep in party planning. As in I'm constantly writing down lists, and looking up things and changing my mind.

When I first talked to Michael about Grayson's first birthday party he gave the standard "it's up to you answer".

This is my green light to spend money plan to my little hearts desire. Once I had done all the work to secure a venue I could get the invites done. I'm not a fan of the standard fill in the blank ones that you buy at the dollar store so I searched and found the perfect invitation.

I'm so excited to tell my husband and then this conversation happened

Me:"So today at work I found the perfect invitation!!!!, Do you want to see it?"
Him: "Sure but I trust you"
Me: "okay well just look at it? It's important to me, see isn't it cute?"
Him: "I don't get it.....what's with the mustache thing? Maybe we should do a different theme because it's kind of confusing"

I saw red and then proceeded to whine until he agreed with me because I'm four years old. Finally he got it and we moved on from that. He wasn't a fan of the original invitation I picked out because he said it was too much like our Christmas card so I went with a different one that he "approved", I was feeling nice that day and already felt like I won the battle with getting to keep my theme and not ending up with a Harley Davidon party (which is what I'm sure husband would have suggested had I let him get a word in edge wise).We took a cute to die for picture of Grayson and I uploaded and then ordered,and had them printed. I did all the work he still has yet to offer to address the other ones that I have not handed out. For someone with such an opinion he only cares when it's fun stuff and I still get to do all the dirty work

Next comes the birthday hat. I told him I wanted a birthday hat for Grayson to wear and I would prefer one that can be used for years to come because I think it would be cool to have a picture of him in the same hat every.single.birthday. Michael laughed when I told him this but he is a man and knows nothing so I ignored it. I will get that picture of him wearing said birthday hat every year and I don't care if there are tears!

I sent him this picture of the birthday hat to test him because he said he didn't care and that I could just order it.

Birthday Boy Cupake Hat TM by Sew Cute Sweets

Don't get me wrong it's super cute just not what I was going for.

He instantly called me and said no way he did not like it. He said there was no way he would let G wear it. I laughed because I knew he had an opinion. But he acts like he doesn't care and then pops up with needing to approve

We went with this instead, my mom bought it for him because she insisted on it, love her!






Personalized birthday crown, birthday hat, first birthday crown, custom crown, birthday accessories, first birthday photo prop

(we ended up going with a blue had with green writing on it)

The menu is set but I still have all the little details to figure out and I'm just going to do them because I can't take the I don't care and then he makes me undo all the work I have already done because he wants to care in that second.

He did admit that I always pull it off and everything looks good, to which I said "then keep out of it from now on okay? love you!"

It would be so much easier if he was involved in all of it, instead of picking and choosing what he want to participate in. Husband's can't live with them can't live without them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favorites

Love that it's Friday Love that its Friday and we have a beautiful weekend ahead of us! Linking up with Andrea today! One These PJ's. When we first got married (and even before I was married really) I used to wear cute PJ's to bed and then I started to wear not so cute PJ's to bed so I ordered some new ones and OMG girls get these now. So so soft so so comfy and under $20.00! Plus they have pockets!   Two While your shopping at Kohls throw some of these picture frames in your cart! Just for fun! I love that they are easy to change out and have a distressed look! Plus they can sit on a shelf or be hung on the wall. Love! Three We have been swimming like crazy and that equals all the things that go with swimming like a million towels and swim suits. My bathroom was a mess. I usually never wash my swim suits I just rinse them out and hang dry they last a lot longer doing it that way and so I had things hanging every where! So I ord

A nice little sweet spot

The sweet spot…. We seem to have hit one. I feel like we have not been in a sweet spot since the twins were about 6 months old. You know before they were mobile and can get into a ton of mischief. When kids are 0-6 months they still like to be held they eat mostly bottles and they mostly just stay in one spot. No issues, you can go places and even though you have to pack up your whole house to be prepared you can relax. And if you are in my family someone is always willing to hold or feed or change a baby. 7-months to 2.5 years old is what I refer to as the lost years. You have so many things you have to do for them they are not potty trained and they are mobile and get into EVERYTHING. Going outside is more work than its worth and with twins they scatter in opposite directions. Three on one is so hard handle in big open spaces. I would often find myself skipping outside time because the work was just too much for me. When the twins turned 3 and Grayson was 6 it felt like we had a

Home Schooling

Ah home schooling something that all of the country was thrown into. March 13 th was the last day that Grayson went to school and Charlotte and Marshalls last day was March 12 th . We got the call on March 15 th that school was closed for 2 weeks and that a pick up for at home materials would be on Tuesday. It was not required just suggested and so we loosely did school work. A worksheet here, spelling words here, some math problems ya know simple things. We truly believed that 2 weeks and they would be back in the classroom that is what the district presented as happening and so the distance learning was just to occupy time not to really learn anything new. Everything we were given was review.  Then we got the notification March 30 th we were closed again for another 2 weeks. Again, we were being loose with the learning because I was now working from home all but one day a week and had all three kids home and lets be honest it was a lot. Michael was still working 4-5 days a wee