Skip to main content

When does the sleeping start?

I love love love being a mom.
I love the smiles, the snuggles, the laughs, the milestones. I love it all.
Except the lack of sleep.
My sweet baby boy does not ever sleep through the night!
He fusses and then as soon as we pick him up he fall right back to sleep.
SO that leads me to the horrible, disgusting habit that my husband me and me alone has started. I let him sleep in bed with me after his second wake up.
His bedtime routine is something like this...
7:00-7:15- Bath time with Daddy (and his favorite part of the day) This is the part of the day I quick fold and put away a load of laundry, get his jammy jams (pajama's), and make his bottle.
7:15-7:30- We sing the "Grayson loves lotion" song ( we are freaks crazy parents) and ready 2 books
7:30- Bottle time and he gets rocked to sleep while I hum or sing to him.
He is usually down for the count around 8:30. 9:00 at the latest.
But it seems without fail the last week OK maybe 2 weeks he has been getting up anytime ranging from 12:00 to 3:00 and not because he is hungry.
So one of us will stumble go into his room and pick him up and he is awake. But I swear the second that you pick him up and put his head on your shoulder this kid is snoring. So I lay him back down that lasts a hot second and he is up again. So I drag carry him back into our bedroom and lay down in bed and he will sleep until 7:30-8:00 on the weekends 5:00-5:30 Wednesday, Thursday and Friday (daycare days).
I hear stories about kids sleep 10+ hours!!!
Why oh why is that not my loving perfect little baby???
I have started some research on sleep training but if I'm being honest, I love those few hours of sleep with him. My husband goes to work at 3:30 in the morning so it usually just me and Grayson in the bed. I know sue me and I know I need to end it now so I'm getting his sleep CD ready and starting tonight....OK I might wait until the weekend because Mama bear needs her sleep!

I know no one reads these they are just for me to remember what I'm going through.
But if someone does read and has advice bring it on! I would love it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favorites

Love that it's Friday Love that its Friday and we have a beautiful weekend ahead of us! Linking up with Andrea today! One These PJ's. When we first got married (and even before I was married really) I used to wear cute PJ's to bed and then I started to wear not so cute PJ's to bed so I ordered some new ones and OMG girls get these now. So so soft so so comfy and under $20.00! Plus they have pockets!   Two While your shopping at Kohls throw some of these picture frames in your cart! Just for fun! I love that they are easy to change out and have a distressed look! Plus they can sit on a shelf or be hung on the wall. Love! Three We have been swimming like crazy and that equals all the things that go with swimming like a million towels and swim suits. My bathroom was a mess. I usually never wash my swim suits I just rinse them out and hang dry they last a lot longer doing it that way and so I had things hanging every where! So I ord

A nice little sweet spot

The sweet spot…. We seem to have hit one. I feel like we have not been in a sweet spot since the twins were about 6 months old. You know before they were mobile and can get into a ton of mischief. When kids are 0-6 months they still like to be held they eat mostly bottles and they mostly just stay in one spot. No issues, you can go places and even though you have to pack up your whole house to be prepared you can relax. And if you are in my family someone is always willing to hold or feed or change a baby. 7-months to 2.5 years old is what I refer to as the lost years. You have so many things you have to do for them they are not potty trained and they are mobile and get into EVERYTHING. Going outside is more work than its worth and with twins they scatter in opposite directions. Three on one is so hard handle in big open spaces. I would often find myself skipping outside time because the work was just too much for me. When the twins turned 3 and Grayson was 6 it felt like we had a

Home Schooling

Ah home schooling something that all of the country was thrown into. March 13 th was the last day that Grayson went to school and Charlotte and Marshalls last day was March 12 th . We got the call on March 15 th that school was closed for 2 weeks and that a pick up for at home materials would be on Tuesday. It was not required just suggested and so we loosely did school work. A worksheet here, spelling words here, some math problems ya know simple things. We truly believed that 2 weeks and they would be back in the classroom that is what the district presented as happening and so the distance learning was just to occupy time not to really learn anything new. Everything we were given was review.  Then we got the notification March 30 th we were closed again for another 2 weeks. Again, we were being loose with the learning because I was now working from home all but one day a week and had all three kids home and lets be honest it was a lot. Michael was still working 4-5 days a wee