Skip to main content

Christmas Traditions



Linking up with Holly today for the Christmas Traditions










Movies

We always watch It's a Wonderful Life on Christmas Eve. We also throw the classics in like Rudolph, Frosty, and Christmas Vacation. I also by myself watch The Family Stone. It's sad but wonderful at the same time. I cry every time and I have seen it like 95232195 times.

Christmas Eve
We go to my Aunt and Uncles house on Christmas Eve. Pre- Grayson this was a drink fest. We would play Left Right Center (and make it a drinking game) with dolla bills. One year Michael and I both won and we walked out of there with $120.00. We have dinner and do a gift exchange where everyone brings a $25.00 gift and you draw numbers. #1 picks and then #2 can steal or pick a new gift. It was always a lot of booze and lottery tickets. It took us 2 hours one year because we had over 25 people. Then we drink our faces off and my mom drives us to my sister-in-law's parents house where we drink beer like it's going out of style and then she drives us home. Last year I was knocked up (which meant I was the DD boo) and this year we have Grayson so only one of us will be able to hop on the booze cruise we will take it to a vote and since I carried the baby I get two votes and I vote me!
Our new tradition we are starting since it's G's first Christmas is that we will open a present of new Christmas jimmy jams and a book and/or movie. This was my husband's idea and I love it!

Christmas Day
We will be waking up and first thing we do is throw up brew coffee and pre-heat the oven for cinnamon rolls. Then we open gifts, while listening to Christmas music. I'm beyond excited to open gifts with Grayson for his first Christmas!!! I'm that weird mom and we have matchy jimmy jams. Then we eat our cinnamon rolls and pack up for my parents house. Once we get there we pop the champagne and have mimosa's open gifts by age which means Grayson goes first. My sister comes and my grandma and aunt and uncle. It's nice and low key. Then we get ready and make the most fantastic brunch ever. After that we head home nap and get ready for Michael's parents to come over for a steak dinner. We open gifts with them then eat and by that point I'm ready to pass out. 

Random things we do
We always to a cookie day exchange. We each make 2 kinds cookies, my Aunt does the cut-out and frosting and we get together with the kids and decorate the cutouts and then we each go home with about 7 different kinds of cookies. 
We always listen to the Disney 12 days of Christmas CD when we decorate the tree. And on Christmas morning at my parents we always listen to the classics's like Bing. 
I always wear matching jimmy jams with someone. Before I was married I matched with my sister and now Michael and I match. I have done this since my sister was born and I love having new jams on Christmas. 
A new random thing we are doing for Grayson this year is a Happy Birthday Jesus birthday cake. 
We always do stockings first when we open presents. Everyone gets a stocking and it has the most random things in it. Like one year I got a brick of mozzarella cheese (and I ate it all that day yummy!).

Other Christmas's
Ok so since we have such a big family to cut down on travel the day of Christmas we have Christmas with my brother and his kids the Sunday before Christmas. We hire a Santa Clause! We just order food in so that no one has to cook and we eat our faces off. Then we open gifts with them and we get more quality time with the kids as opposed to an hour because they have like 5 stops to make. This year we are also doing Christmas with my father-in-law's side of the family the Saturday before Christmas. We have not been able to go for Christmas since the first year we were married because normally they do it on a day Michael has to work but this year it worked out. I'm excited to see everyone and his cousin has a baby a couple months younger than G so I'm going to snuggle on that baby because she is not mobile yet and will still let me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favorites

Love that it's Friday Love that its Friday and we have a beautiful weekend ahead of us! Linking up with Andrea today! One These PJ's. When we first got married (and even before I was married really) I used to wear cute PJ's to bed and then I started to wear not so cute PJ's to bed so I ordered some new ones and OMG girls get these now. So so soft so so comfy and under $20.00! Plus they have pockets!   Two While your shopping at Kohls throw some of these picture frames in your cart! Just for fun! I love that they are easy to change out and have a distressed look! Plus they can sit on a shelf or be hung on the wall. Love! Three We have been swimming like crazy and that equals all the things that go with swimming like a million towels and swim suits. My bathroom was a mess. I usually never wash my swim suits I just rinse them out and hang dry they last a lot longer doing it that way and so I had things hanging every where! So I ord

A nice little sweet spot

The sweet spot…. We seem to have hit one. I feel like we have not been in a sweet spot since the twins were about 6 months old. You know before they were mobile and can get into a ton of mischief. When kids are 0-6 months they still like to be held they eat mostly bottles and they mostly just stay in one spot. No issues, you can go places and even though you have to pack up your whole house to be prepared you can relax. And if you are in my family someone is always willing to hold or feed or change a baby. 7-months to 2.5 years old is what I refer to as the lost years. You have so many things you have to do for them they are not potty trained and they are mobile and get into EVERYTHING. Going outside is more work than its worth and with twins they scatter in opposite directions. Three on one is so hard handle in big open spaces. I would often find myself skipping outside time because the work was just too much for me. When the twins turned 3 and Grayson was 6 it felt like we had a

Home Schooling

Ah home schooling something that all of the country was thrown into. March 13 th was the last day that Grayson went to school and Charlotte and Marshalls last day was March 12 th . We got the call on March 15 th that school was closed for 2 weeks and that a pick up for at home materials would be on Tuesday. It was not required just suggested and so we loosely did school work. A worksheet here, spelling words here, some math problems ya know simple things. We truly believed that 2 weeks and they would be back in the classroom that is what the district presented as happening and so the distance learning was just to occupy time not to really learn anything new. Everything we were given was review.  Then we got the notification March 30 th we were closed again for another 2 weeks. Again, we were being loose with the learning because I was now working from home all but one day a week and had all three kids home and lets be honest it was a lot. Michael was still working 4-5 days a wee