Skip to main content

Christmas Cards!!!

It's December which means it's officially a winter wonderland at my house
I ordered our cards in October because I have control issues. It took me 3 hours to look through every card that Minted had to offer. See you can order your cards and pay for them and then upload your picture later. I narrowed it down to 4. I then spent another hour flipping back and forth playing with fonts until I landed on this one.

Bright and Chalky

I went through the envelope options because my OCD cares about things like that. I chose the kraft paper envelopes because I like them and therefore they are best.


I then crapped my pants because now I need! a! picture! and it has to be perfect. I decided that getting a picture of him before Halloween would be crazy so I put it off until a few weekends ago. I had this hat and decided on a simple outfit and to let his leg rolls hang out because this is the only time in life where having tree trunks for thighs is acceptable. I found an antique kids rocking chair at a craft show in early November and knew that I wanted to use it. I also grabbed some of my Christmas decor, a white blanket and had my sister come over to help me because well if I didn't it would have ended in me crying.


So she came, we conquered, and I got some really good shots. I took over 100 pictures. It came down to two. One that I loved and one that my husband loved. Truth be told I loved them both because have you seen my kid he is gorgeous. So we took it to a vote.I showed my family the picture at Sunday dinner and we were split so I sent it to my aunt and she chose the one Michael liked. So that it what we went with. And here it is the final product.





I love it and his cankles. It took me another almost 2 hours to get the font for our names right, and the picture zoomed just right, and the font on the envelopes to be perfect. ( I know! I have issues!). I finally placed my order on a Monday and then received my proof to approve the same day. I approved it and had my cards by Friday. When I opened them I almost cried. They are printed on a heavy card stock, not shinny photo paper, and they just truly capture my little man's personality and wild spirit! My Dad's first comment was that he wasn't wearing pants and then my husband gave me the stink eye but I told him that next year he can do the cards and then he told me I'm perfect.

I mailed these out the day after Thanksgiving because I want people to be able to enjoy them the whole Christmas season! I asked Michael to pick up Christmas stamps, but not the kid ones I wanted rustic ones, like poinsettia's. So he comes home with poinsettia's. I asked him what other ones they had he says "like 800 but I didn't want to get the wrong ones so I remembered poinsettia's and that's what I got". So he did follow instructions but it took everything I had not to go to the post office and look at my options. I like everything to go with  my theme and they look good on my envelopes to I put my crazy on the shelf and kept them.

I recommend Minted 100% and I'm not getting paid to say that. I just love the cards and the process and that you can upload a picture later. Plus I got a hand written note from the lady that packed up my box and even though she spelled my name wrong (and then I quickly checked the cards because die!) it was a nice touch.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favorites

Love that it's Friday Love that its Friday and we have a beautiful weekend ahead of us! Linking up with Andrea today! One These PJ's. When we first got married (and even before I was married really) I used to wear cute PJ's to bed and then I started to wear not so cute PJ's to bed so I ordered some new ones and OMG girls get these now. So so soft so so comfy and under $20.00! Plus they have pockets!   Two While your shopping at Kohls throw some of these picture frames in your cart! Just for fun! I love that they are easy to change out and have a distressed look! Plus they can sit on a shelf or be hung on the wall. Love! Three We have been swimming like crazy and that equals all the things that go with swimming like a million towels and swim suits. My bathroom was a mess. I usually never wash my swim suits I just rinse them out and hang dry they last a lot longer doing it that way and so I had things hanging every where! So I ord

A nice little sweet spot

The sweet spot…. We seem to have hit one. I feel like we have not been in a sweet spot since the twins were about 6 months old. You know before they were mobile and can get into a ton of mischief. When kids are 0-6 months they still like to be held they eat mostly bottles and they mostly just stay in one spot. No issues, you can go places and even though you have to pack up your whole house to be prepared you can relax. And if you are in my family someone is always willing to hold or feed or change a baby. 7-months to 2.5 years old is what I refer to as the lost years. You have so many things you have to do for them they are not potty trained and they are mobile and get into EVERYTHING. Going outside is more work than its worth and with twins they scatter in opposite directions. Three on one is so hard handle in big open spaces. I would often find myself skipping outside time because the work was just too much for me. When the twins turned 3 and Grayson was 6 it felt like we had a

Home Schooling

Ah home schooling something that all of the country was thrown into. March 13 th was the last day that Grayson went to school and Charlotte and Marshalls last day was March 12 th . We got the call on March 15 th that school was closed for 2 weeks and that a pick up for at home materials would be on Tuesday. It was not required just suggested and so we loosely did school work. A worksheet here, spelling words here, some math problems ya know simple things. We truly believed that 2 weeks and they would be back in the classroom that is what the district presented as happening and so the distance learning was just to occupy time not to really learn anything new. Everything we were given was review.  Then we got the notification March 30 th we were closed again for another 2 weeks. Again, we were being loose with the learning because I was now working from home all but one day a week and had all three kids home and lets be honest it was a lot. Michael was still working 4-5 days a wee