Skip to main content

Looking back

 
This day last year I was nervous as hell. I was being induced or so I thought.

We got up and went to breakfast and then off to the doctors office for one last check.

Nope still no progress measuring a big fat 0. And when I say big fat 0 I mean I was big and fat and my who who was a 0.

The midwife sent us home and said come to the hospital at 3:00. They would start pumping me with shit.

I was so nervous we didn't even check in. And being a first time scatter brained only think about the next meal going in my belly mom I didn't pre register either. So Michael had to go down by himself because once I got in that baby room they wouldn't let me leave.

I put on that gawd awful gown. ( they really should get something nicer) and sat in bed. They hooked me up. I was contracting!!!! I got semi- excited maybe my body was working. So she decided to check me. Nope nothing.

The midwife called and would not give me cervadil because of my contractions coming every 5-7 minutes.

My mom came and was amazed that I was feeling no pain because she said the contractions were pretty big.

I ordered food because I was starving since it had been 2 hours since my last binge. I remember  eating a grilled cheese sandwich, french fries, and chocolate ice cream. Michael and I talked about the baby coming. And holy shit we are going to be parents. The nurse gave me a sleeping pill and I passed the hell out. I woke up extra early because she told me by 7 the nurse would be in to start my IV for the pitocin. Well 7:30 and still nothing I called the nurse and basically said either start this shit or give me food. She ran my IV and started the medicine and gave me a red Popsicle.

Those 3 and a half hours of them upping my pitocin until it was at the max went way too fast. My mom and sister were there at the ass crack of dawn because Hello! Baby! Day! Was! Here! My mom again kept saying are you sure you don't feel that? Nope not a thing and when they checked me at 12:00 I was still sealed up like Fort Knox. The baby was starting to show signs of stress, but they didn't tell me that.

10 Minutes later they told me I was having a c-section at 1:00. This was it I was going to have my baby.

Still not knowing what we were having I had a million thoughts. They ranged from....if it's a girl a must buy all the pretty things, but if it's a boy oh no he has to get his wiener snipped to....Holy shit they are going to take all my guts out and pull a baby out of my stomach and what if they find twins in there. I was beyond irrational and when they wouldn't let Michael be in the room while they did my spinal block I almost told them that I would just keep the baby inside.

The one nurse happened to be my mom's best friends cousin and she took extra good care of me and even took pictures of my sweet boy being born.
When they held him up and my husband said "Baby it's a boy he's got balls" I cried.

It was the most amazing moment in my life. He was here my big fat baby boy was here. At that moment I knew I was meant to be his mom and something just clicked. It was truly love at first sight. I'm so grateful for everything this past year has been. And I'm so grateful for the years to come.


Sorry that all I have been talking about lately is my boy but it's so hard to believe that I have a ONE year old!!!
Happy Tuesday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favorites

Love that it's Friday Love that its Friday and we have a beautiful weekend ahead of us! Linking up with Andrea today! One These PJ's. When we first got married (and even before I was married really) I used to wear cute PJ's to bed and then I started to wear not so cute PJ's to bed so I ordered some new ones and OMG girls get these now. So so soft so so comfy and under $20.00! Plus they have pockets!   Two While your shopping at Kohls throw some of these picture frames in your cart! Just for fun! I love that they are easy to change out and have a distressed look! Plus they can sit on a shelf or be hung on the wall. Love! Three We have been swimming like crazy and that equals all the things that go with swimming like a million towels and swim suits. My bathroom was a mess. I usually never wash my swim suits I just rinse them out and hang dry they last a lot longer doing it that way and so I had things hanging every where! So I ord

A nice little sweet spot

The sweet spot…. We seem to have hit one. I feel like we have not been in a sweet spot since the twins were about 6 months old. You know before they were mobile and can get into a ton of mischief. When kids are 0-6 months they still like to be held they eat mostly bottles and they mostly just stay in one spot. No issues, you can go places and even though you have to pack up your whole house to be prepared you can relax. And if you are in my family someone is always willing to hold or feed or change a baby. 7-months to 2.5 years old is what I refer to as the lost years. You have so many things you have to do for them they are not potty trained and they are mobile and get into EVERYTHING. Going outside is more work than its worth and with twins they scatter in opposite directions. Three on one is so hard handle in big open spaces. I would often find myself skipping outside time because the work was just too much for me. When the twins turned 3 and Grayson was 6 it felt like we had a

Home Schooling

Ah home schooling something that all of the country was thrown into. March 13 th was the last day that Grayson went to school and Charlotte and Marshalls last day was March 12 th . We got the call on March 15 th that school was closed for 2 weeks and that a pick up for at home materials would be on Tuesday. It was not required just suggested and so we loosely did school work. A worksheet here, spelling words here, some math problems ya know simple things. We truly believed that 2 weeks and they would be back in the classroom that is what the district presented as happening and so the distance learning was just to occupy time not to really learn anything new. Everything we were given was review.  Then we got the notification March 30 th we were closed again for another 2 weeks. Again, we were being loose with the learning because I was now working from home all but one day a week and had all three kids home and lets be honest it was a lot. Michael was still working 4-5 days a wee