Skip to main content

12 months

Dear Grayson,

I know you are a year old but typing out 12 months makes you still seem like a baby to me. This year has flown by. One year ago today you made me Momma. I still remember the feeling that washed over me as they told me you were a boy. Instant, amazing, unconditional love. You had my heart from that moment on.

You have changed so much in the last month I don't even know where to begin. You have made some huge improvements on the eating front. You eat: Peanut butter toast, Peas, Carrots, Banana's, Teddy Grahams, Yogurt, Pizza and Garlic bread sticks.
It scared us a little when you refused ALL tables foods at the beginning of the month but your making huge strides now. You are down to only 14oz. of formula a day and hopefully with in the next two weeks have it cut out completely. You love milk and drinking it out of your sippy's.
Your teeth are killing me and you I'm sure. I can tell your in pain so I rock you and hold you a lot more than I have in recent months. Sometimes you just need your Momma and that makes my heart overflow with love.
You are free standing a lot more now and it's amazing to see your face when you realize your not holding onto anything. You climb more than anything and have use me or daddy as a rock wall to get on the couch. Walking is coming soon and I'm excited for it. You zoom around in your walker and I have a few bruises on the back of my heels to prove it.
Your sleep is pretty good when the teeth aren't killing you. You still take 2 naps a day but only a short morning one (half an hour) and then a longer 2ish hour nap in the afternoon. You sleep through the night if your not teething and if the teeth get you your only up 1-2 times.
Your personality is amazing. Your a goofy kid and we love it. Your smile is million dollar smile and it melts me every time. Your such a go with the flow baby and are rarely cranky. However you are very stubborn. If you want to get up on the couch you will grunt and pull and climb whatever you can to get there. You are still in 12 month clothing but moving slowly into 18 months. You wear sunglasses when we are outside and people are always amazed that you leave them on but truth is you have always been good about hats and things like that. Bath time with Daddy always brings lots of giggles. You splash and play basketball and show him all the letters. Your bond with him is amazing but in the last few days you have started to favor Momma little more at certain times and I love it! Your doing awesome at your new daycare and you have even learned some sign language (Jesus,Thank you, all done, and more!) and you are babbling like it is your job. I think you have your own language because you talk and ramble for hours!
Bottom line Bubbie Lou I'm in love with you. You are amazing and you make our life so awesome. I can't wait to watch your grow and see what another year with you holds!
Love your very proud
Momma.

You and your best friends Dadda
You love all remotes and controllers please not the cankles and arm rolls
Visiting Aunt Halli working at the librabry

This is the "It's my binky Momma" look I get when I try to take it from you

Getting out all the toys

And then climbing into the toy basket

Kisses for your fur brother


People watching while shopping


Happy Boy

I just stole his binky out of his mouth and he thinks it's hysterical

Bed head that Momma loves
Yum Pizza crust
Your balloon mouth that Aunt Halli got you


Eating some snacks
1st birthday!!!!

My birthday boy!















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favorites

Love that it's Friday Love that its Friday and we have a beautiful weekend ahead of us! Linking up with Andrea today! One These PJ's. When we first got married (and even before I was married really) I used to wear cute PJ's to bed and then I started to wear not so cute PJ's to bed so I ordered some new ones and OMG girls get these now. So so soft so so comfy and under $20.00! Plus they have pockets!   Two While your shopping at Kohls throw some of these picture frames in your cart! Just for fun! I love that they are easy to change out and have a distressed look! Plus they can sit on a shelf or be hung on the wall. Love! Three We have been swimming like crazy and that equals all the things that go with swimming like a million towels and swim suits. My bathroom was a mess. I usually never wash my swim suits I just rinse them out and hang dry they last a lot longer doing it that way and so I had things hanging every where! So I ord

A nice little sweet spot

The sweet spot…. We seem to have hit one. I feel like we have not been in a sweet spot since the twins were about 6 months old. You know before they were mobile and can get into a ton of mischief. When kids are 0-6 months they still like to be held they eat mostly bottles and they mostly just stay in one spot. No issues, you can go places and even though you have to pack up your whole house to be prepared you can relax. And if you are in my family someone is always willing to hold or feed or change a baby. 7-months to 2.5 years old is what I refer to as the lost years. You have so many things you have to do for them they are not potty trained and they are mobile and get into EVERYTHING. Going outside is more work than its worth and with twins they scatter in opposite directions. Three on one is so hard handle in big open spaces. I would often find myself skipping outside time because the work was just too much for me. When the twins turned 3 and Grayson was 6 it felt like we had a

Home Schooling

Ah home schooling something that all of the country was thrown into. March 13 th was the last day that Grayson went to school and Charlotte and Marshalls last day was March 12 th . We got the call on March 15 th that school was closed for 2 weeks and that a pick up for at home materials would be on Tuesday. It was not required just suggested and so we loosely did school work. A worksheet here, spelling words here, some math problems ya know simple things. We truly believed that 2 weeks and they would be back in the classroom that is what the district presented as happening and so the distance learning was just to occupy time not to really learn anything new. Everything we were given was review.  Then we got the notification March 30 th we were closed again for another 2 weeks. Again, we were being loose with the learning because I was now working from home all but one day a week and had all three kids home and lets be honest it was a lot. Michael was still working 4-5 days a wee