Skip to main content

What makes me FULL



November is the month of Thanksgiving and it got me to thinking about how much my life has changed since last year and all the things I'm so Thankful for.  Not just things that I'm happy that are in my life but things that make me FULL.


My husband. Yes he was here last year but our relationship since having Grayson has changed. It has evolved into one that has more love and respect than I ever imagined. Now when we have an hour at night after our nugget is in bed and we can talk about our day, our life, our love it is deeper, more meaningful. These talks and that time is quality time. It is time that fills my heart and soul to the brim and sends me to bed with a smile on my face and has me waking up with one. Being married to your best friend is truly a blessing.


My son. Last year at this time he was the little flutter in my gigantic belly. And I could only imagine how it would be when we had him here in our arms. This little boy just sends my love cup overflowing. He made me Momma. He made me a more understanding person. He made me realize that sweating the small stuff so not worth it when you have this big amazing thing in front of you. Grayson is the biggest blessing from God and I thank him multiple times a day for the joy he gives me through Grayson.


My parents. We had some major health scares within my family last year. At this time last year I was worrying that when my mom went in for surgery that it would lead to me holding my new baby while holding her hand through chemo. Thankfully she had stage 1 cancer (the best case scenario for the situation) and she has been cancer free since her surgery in December. Truth is I spent way to many nights being worried that I wouldn't have her to hold my hand through this journey of motherhood. Aside from my husband she has been the rock on which I am leaning on constantly. I call her crying sometimes that I'm failing and she reassures me and loves me like only a mother can. And my Dad well he has just blown me away. His patience and ease with my son is something I fully admire. He is good and truly does delight in the little moments with him. Without them we would be lost. They are not just our parents and G's grandparents but our friends and that is the most amazing thing.


My sister. We are 4 years apart and while that causes us to often be in different stages of our lives we still always have each other's back. The way she supports and helps us with Grayson has brought us closer. I trust her with my son fully and she is amazing with him. I'm happy that our relationship is evolving and can't wait to see where is goes from here.



Our friends. This time last year we had some friends that were not in our lives but through some events that were totally out of the blue they are back in our lives. It has been the biggest blessing and I'm so glad to have them. Chris is Grayson's Godfather and truly Michael's best friends. And Tracy is like a sister to me. I'm so thankful to have her in my life and the way they love my son and us just makes my heart happy.


The rest of our family.  We have some amazing people that are in our family. They text me about Grayson and always refer to him as their baby which makes me giggle but they all take ownership of him. They drop of meals and little gifts they are just good people and we are so blessed that they are our people.


All these things have been in my life for a long time aside from Grayson and after reading this I realized one thing. It took having Grayson for me to focus on the amazing things that make me FULL in this life. My life is not all rainbows and butterfly's but it is amazing in it's own way and it's mine so I will revel in the highs and stand strong in the lows and I cannot wait to look back at this post a year from now and see how the love grows.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favorites

Love that it's Friday Love that its Friday and we have a beautiful weekend ahead of us! Linking up with Andrea today! One These PJ's. When we first got married (and even before I was married really) I used to wear cute PJ's to bed and then I started to wear not so cute PJ's to bed so I ordered some new ones and OMG girls get these now. So so soft so so comfy and under $20.00! Plus they have pockets!   Two While your shopping at Kohls throw some of these picture frames in your cart! Just for fun! I love that they are easy to change out and have a distressed look! Plus they can sit on a shelf or be hung on the wall. Love! Three We have been swimming like crazy and that equals all the things that go with swimming like a million towels and swim suits. My bathroom was a mess. I usually never wash my swim suits I just rinse them out and hang dry they last a lot longer doing it that way and so I had things hanging every where! So I ord

A nice little sweet spot

The sweet spot…. We seem to have hit one. I feel like we have not been in a sweet spot since the twins were about 6 months old. You know before they were mobile and can get into a ton of mischief. When kids are 0-6 months they still like to be held they eat mostly bottles and they mostly just stay in one spot. No issues, you can go places and even though you have to pack up your whole house to be prepared you can relax. And if you are in my family someone is always willing to hold or feed or change a baby. 7-months to 2.5 years old is what I refer to as the lost years. You have so many things you have to do for them they are not potty trained and they are mobile and get into EVERYTHING. Going outside is more work than its worth and with twins they scatter in opposite directions. Three on one is so hard handle in big open spaces. I would often find myself skipping outside time because the work was just too much for me. When the twins turned 3 and Grayson was 6 it felt like we had a

Home Schooling

Ah home schooling something that all of the country was thrown into. March 13 th was the last day that Grayson went to school and Charlotte and Marshalls last day was March 12 th . We got the call on March 15 th that school was closed for 2 weeks and that a pick up for at home materials would be on Tuesday. It was not required just suggested and so we loosely did school work. A worksheet here, spelling words here, some math problems ya know simple things. We truly believed that 2 weeks and they would be back in the classroom that is what the district presented as happening and so the distance learning was just to occupy time not to really learn anything new. Everything we were given was review.  Then we got the notification March 30 th we were closed again for another 2 weeks. Again, we were being loose with the learning because I was now working from home all but one day a week and had all three kids home and lets be honest it was a lot. Michael was still working 4-5 days a wee