Skip to main content

10 random things about me (stories included)

I will do a full weekend re-cap tomorrow. But I have to get pictures from my dad and today is one crazy day at work as in I have to what normally takes me 3 days in one day so yeah.


Let's preface this by saying I'm a weirdo of epic proportions and that my husband is a saint for dealing with me.


1- If I get home and it's dark out. I run to the door and lock it behind me as fast as I can I always park super close to the door, unlock it first then hurry hurry hurry to get G out of his car seat and then I run into the house he smiles like it's a game but I'm crapping my pants. I have this strange fear that someone is waiting for me in the woods and is going to strong arm the door open personnap me and kidnap my child.

2- I could eat a whole chocolate cake by myself. Fun fact when I was pregnant I once at 2 whole cans of frosting in a weekend. I then shocked myself when I passed my gestational diabetes test with flying colors a week later.

3- I hear noises in the house every night to the point that I get up go downstairs and check the locks on the doors. Also if I'm home alone you bet your bottom dollar and your top one that those doors are always locked. I'm not insane it's just one time at band camp when I was 18 a guy (who claims is father built the house, which die, it was built in 1906 and he was like 45 it didn't add up to me but then again I'm bad at math) blocked my car in the driveway and proceeded to circle the house and even enter the house.After he came in the house he goes back outside and starts yelling at the house "why did you do this to me you bastard, how could you!" and drops to his knees and starts ripping grass out. I was upstairs with my cell phone crying to my mom and the police officer who works at her school. Finally the cops show up thank gawd and then they bring him to the door! And just let him go because he was crying, now this creep knows what I look like. So it put the fear of God in me and now I'm a freak

4- I love to cook but am a disaster in the kitchen. What I make always tastes good but for some reason I feel the need to use every dish in the house and it looks like tornado has gone through the kitchen.

5- I love doing laundry putting it away on the other hand blah. But I do it anyway or we live out of baskets for a few weeks until they are all used up and then I go into crazy person mode and must put away all the laundry in the house.

6- I cry and freak out over the dumbest things. Example- I went to the store and did my grocery shopping trip my husband had reminded me 953218489 times to get yogurt. I called him so proud of the money I saved he then asked about the yogurt. I had forgotten it and then I cried the whole way home because I had let him down and I'm the worst wife eva.

7- I married my husband after only knowing him for a year. We got engaged after 4 months of dating. People put bets that we wouldn't make a year. Well jokes on them we have been married for 4 years and have one giant child so poop on them. My husband says it would be financially beneficial for us to divorce and so now when he does something dumb I threaten to divorce him and he agrees. I have lost all my power.

8- I'm a weirdo about parties at my house. I cringe when people ask to bring things so most of the time I say just yourself I have everything covered. Here is why A- no one makes it the way I want them to(control freak) B- they don't bring what I want them too so I end up with 10 pans of brownies and only taco meat with no fix ins.

9- I like even numbers. My volume has to be at an even number. When I eat candy- has to be an even number. I get this from my dad he is the same way.

10- I have to put the grocery's on the belt. I have a certain way that I do it. Heavy things first(milk laundry soap, cans) then boxes(cereal, cake mix) then cold stuff (cheese, meat) then bread veggies and eggs. If it goes any other way I have a mini panic attack. I also watch them put things in the bag. I do NOT want my baby food in the same bag as my toilet cleaner something about it makes my heart race.


Hopefully that list makes someone feel normal, because now I realize I need a therapist and medication.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favorites

Love that it's Friday Love that its Friday and we have a beautiful weekend ahead of us! Linking up with Andrea today! One These PJ's. When we first got married (and even before I was married really) I used to wear cute PJ's to bed and then I started to wear not so cute PJ's to bed so I ordered some new ones and OMG girls get these now. So so soft so so comfy and under $20.00! Plus they have pockets!   Two While your shopping at Kohls throw some of these picture frames in your cart! Just for fun! I love that they are easy to change out and have a distressed look! Plus they can sit on a shelf or be hung on the wall. Love! Three We have been swimming like crazy and that equals all the things that go with swimming like a million towels and swim suits. My bathroom was a mess. I usually never wash my swim suits I just rinse them out and hang dry they last a lot longer doing it that way and so I had things hanging every where! So I ord

A nice little sweet spot

The sweet spot…. We seem to have hit one. I feel like we have not been in a sweet spot since the twins were about 6 months old. You know before they were mobile and can get into a ton of mischief. When kids are 0-6 months they still like to be held they eat mostly bottles and they mostly just stay in one spot. No issues, you can go places and even though you have to pack up your whole house to be prepared you can relax. And if you are in my family someone is always willing to hold or feed or change a baby. 7-months to 2.5 years old is what I refer to as the lost years. You have so many things you have to do for them they are not potty trained and they are mobile and get into EVERYTHING. Going outside is more work than its worth and with twins they scatter in opposite directions. Three on one is so hard handle in big open spaces. I would often find myself skipping outside time because the work was just too much for me. When the twins turned 3 and Grayson was 6 it felt like we had a

Home Schooling

Ah home schooling something that all of the country was thrown into. March 13 th was the last day that Grayson went to school and Charlotte and Marshalls last day was March 12 th . We got the call on March 15 th that school was closed for 2 weeks and that a pick up for at home materials would be on Tuesday. It was not required just suggested and so we loosely did school work. A worksheet here, spelling words here, some math problems ya know simple things. We truly believed that 2 weeks and they would be back in the classroom that is what the district presented as happening and so the distance learning was just to occupy time not to really learn anything new. Everything we were given was review.  Then we got the notification March 30 th we were closed again for another 2 weeks. Again, we were being loose with the learning because I was now working from home all but one day a week and had all three kids home and lets be honest it was a lot. Michael was still working 4-5 days a wee