Skip to main content

Making it special

It's Valentine's this weekend!!!! Michael is off on Saturday and I'm beyond excited to have a day with no plans (we had plans for Winter Fest it got cancelled due to NEGATIVE temps!!!!) to just spend as a family. We don't get this very much with out work schedules so it's a wonderful thing when it comes around!!!

I grabbed G from school yesterday and just happened to look at the bulletin board and noticed that his Valentine's party was Thursday (today) not Friday!

The teacher handed me the list of all his kids in his class just in case Grayson wanted to give out Valentines separate from his treat for the party. So we ran to tops and prayed that there would be some sort of Valentines left well we found packs of M&M mini's that had a space to write to and from and called it a day.


We got home and had dinner and then Michael left to go to band practice (it's his hobby and he plays with 2 other guys whenever they can).


We had a ton to get done and all before tubby time. First up was making the easiest treats for his party. At his school they put out a sign up list with specific items on it (fruit, veggies, cookies, cupcakes, juice ect.) and each kid (parent) signs up for a different thing that way they don't end up with 8 dozen cupcakes. So I signed up for pretzels. I thought I would put a fun spin on it and I made cute ones for Valentines day. These are the ones we made
WORST picture ever. I forgot to take a picture last night and so these are from my lunch today and the chocolate was in my lunch box on the freezer pack so it looks weird. But they taste devine.
And I know they are all over Pinterest but I have been making these with my Grandma since I was little. So it was a really special moment to make them with my baby. He helped put the kisses on the pretzels and then he ate a ton of M&M's but it was fun and easy. Start to finish I made 100 in 20 mins. That included un wrapping all those dang kisses, which in my opinion the hardest part.

Here is how I do it pre-heat oven to 170 degrees. I un-wrap my first batch ( I did 50 at a time) of kisses while the oven is pre-heating. Then line up my pretzels and then put the kisses on top (that was the big part that Grayson helped with) Then in the oven they go. for about 5 mins. I always test one at about 4 and then usually they need another minute or two. Then once they are out you push the M&M's on top smashing the kiss down. Then repeat. I let them cool for a good hour before boxing them up.

Once that was done we cleaned up got our milk and wrote out our valentines.  Grayson has 16 kids in his class including him and so we made out 16. I put one in for him because I don't want him to not get M&M's weird I know but whatever.While I was writing them he pulled a chair really close to me and colored it was nice relaxing time and I was reminded that he just wants to be close to me and he is happy.

Then we ran upstairs to get out our clothes for the next day. He insisted on wearing his Adidas outfit and they only saving grace is that it has red stripes so I'm calling it a festive win! Then we went to take a tubby and he requested that we face time Gigi and so we did. They sang songs together and then once we said goodbye it was a quick wash up and into PJ's. Now rarely do I ever give Grayson a bath it has always been Michael's thing. But on the nights that I do he likes to be wrapped up like a baby in his towel and snuggled before he gets in his jimmy jams. These are my favorite moments with him. When we were done with the dressing he looked up at me and said "fank you mama" and I said what for buddy he said "ayson hep mama cook"
I mean melt me right there. I made it special for him because he got to help and he made it special for me because I got snuggle that sweet clean baby.


Now if Michael had been home our night would have been different. I would have made the treat by myself filled out the valentine's by myself and Michael would have given him the tubby.

My ordinary Wednesday night became such a sweet special memory that I will hold onto forever.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favorites

Love that it's Friday Love that its Friday and we have a beautiful weekend ahead of us! Linking up with Andrea today! One These PJ's. When we first got married (and even before I was married really) I used to wear cute PJ's to bed and then I started to wear not so cute PJ's to bed so I ordered some new ones and OMG girls get these now. So so soft so so comfy and under $20.00! Plus they have pockets!   Two While your shopping at Kohls throw some of these picture frames in your cart! Just for fun! I love that they are easy to change out and have a distressed look! Plus they can sit on a shelf or be hung on the wall. Love! Three We have been swimming like crazy and that equals all the things that go with swimming like a million towels and swim suits. My bathroom was a mess. I usually never wash my swim suits I just rinse them out and hang dry they last a lot longer doing it that way and so I had things hanging every where! So I ord

A nice little sweet spot

The sweet spot…. We seem to have hit one. I feel like we have not been in a sweet spot since the twins were about 6 months old. You know before they were mobile and can get into a ton of mischief. When kids are 0-6 months they still like to be held they eat mostly bottles and they mostly just stay in one spot. No issues, you can go places and even though you have to pack up your whole house to be prepared you can relax. And if you are in my family someone is always willing to hold or feed or change a baby. 7-months to 2.5 years old is what I refer to as the lost years. You have so many things you have to do for them they are not potty trained and they are mobile and get into EVERYTHING. Going outside is more work than its worth and with twins they scatter in opposite directions. Three on one is so hard handle in big open spaces. I would often find myself skipping outside time because the work was just too much for me. When the twins turned 3 and Grayson was 6 it felt like we had a

Home Schooling

Ah home schooling something that all of the country was thrown into. March 13 th was the last day that Grayson went to school and Charlotte and Marshalls last day was March 12 th . We got the call on March 15 th that school was closed for 2 weeks and that a pick up for at home materials would be on Tuesday. It was not required just suggested and so we loosely did school work. A worksheet here, spelling words here, some math problems ya know simple things. We truly believed that 2 weeks and they would be back in the classroom that is what the district presented as happening and so the distance learning was just to occupy time not to really learn anything new. Everything we were given was review.  Then we got the notification March 30 th we were closed again for another 2 weeks. Again, we were being loose with the learning because I was now working from home all but one day a week and had all three kids home and lets be honest it was a lot. Michael was still working 4-5 days a wee