Skip to main content

Our no heat weekend

So this weekend was nice and a bummer all at the same time. I'm sad to be back at work being a grown up is hard sometimes.


Friday- I got out of work, grabbed Grayson , then went to pick up B and Libby. Let me just say to those of you that have 3 kids my hats off to you. It is just insane. My backseat was full. Grayson wanted to see B at all times, B wanted to scream at the top of his lungs to make G laugh, Libby wanted to listen to Taylor Swift but B hates Taylor Swift. It was the longes half an hour car ride of my life. And then trying to get all 3 of them and their overnight bags into my moms house was just laughable. I let B out first he ran into the house then I got Libby out and handed her her dolls. Then I got out G and started to get out bag when my Dad came out and saved the day. Once they were all settled which was 30 seconds because I got a quick hug and kiss from them and they were all up the stairs to help Papa get toys I headed home. I freshened up and we headed to dinner.


Guys it was delish. I have been really watching what I have been eating and I have cut out drinking but on Friday I just had fun. After dinner we headed to a small bar for a few more beers and played shuffleboard. It was great and we were home by 9 so the perfect amount of time.


Saturday I woke up to a house all to myself. I slept in (7:30) which in my world is 2 extra hours of sleep. I drank a hot cup of coffee and watched some TV then it was down to business. I cleaned out the laundry room, did laundry, swept and mopped all the floors and still had an hour left until G got home. So I snuggles under the blanket with a hot cup of coffee. Then my Mom came and I had to get up off the couch and I realized it was freezing in my house. Sure enough our furnace was not working. Thankfully my Dad did HVAC for 20+ years so I called him he came over and got it running. And then it quit again, but we could hit the restart button and it would turn on it just wouldn't stay running on its own. He told me the motor would have to be changed and that he had a spare so he would come do it the next day (Sunday because it was already 8 at night and we still had heat)

Sunday I got up early and started to get G around for our day. I hopped in the shower and figured that Grayson would just watch a Mickey while I quick showered. WRONG he came barreling in the bathroom and handed me my glasses, phone and brush into the shower. Then as I'm rinsing out my conditioner I hear him say "ew gross" and I look out he has the TOILET LID OPEN!!! I scream " Did you just stick your hand in there?" He looks at me and says "Yesh" and I say "Oh goodness Grayson that is so gross don't touch anything" at this point he starts crying I rush to dry off and throw on my robe so that I can wash his hand 2165165 times. I got us all ready to go and my Dad came to change the motor and we headed to church.

I'm Methodist and always have been. In the time that I have belonged to this church we have gone through 5 pastors we are on #6 now. The last one we had was not my cup of tea. I felt judged when I would go to church if I had missed the week before, I also go pestered about my husbands attendance ( he works Sunday's so I always went with my parents) It was a mess and so I stopped going. A few months ago I met the new pastor and felt an instant connection. She didn't pester me as to why I was not coming just that she hoped when I had time I would come to church. It took me a while to get in the mind frame. I prayed about it a ton and I decided to head back. It was amazing. The first song we sang had me in tears. I felt something I had not felt in years and I know I will be back. The energy in the room was amazing. Plus they have a great nursery program during service that Grayson can go to. I'm so happy.

Next we headed to my cousins for a birthday party and some party food. It was a great time. I came home to a warm house and went to bed, it's exhausing being gone from the house all day. Plus Michael did not go to the party with us because of work so I was solo and let me just say Grayson has endless energy.


I woke up this morning to no heat. Again. My dad has one more thing to try and fingers crossed it works or it looks like furnace shopping for us.

Happy Monday

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favorites

Love that it's Friday Love that its Friday and we have a beautiful weekend ahead of us! Linking up with Andrea today! One These PJ's. When we first got married (and even before I was married really) I used to wear cute PJ's to bed and then I started to wear not so cute PJ's to bed so I ordered some new ones and OMG girls get these now. So so soft so so comfy and under $20.00! Plus they have pockets!   Two While your shopping at Kohls throw some of these picture frames in your cart! Just for fun! I love that they are easy to change out and have a distressed look! Plus they can sit on a shelf or be hung on the wall. Love! Three We have been swimming like crazy and that equals all the things that go with swimming like a million towels and swim suits. My bathroom was a mess. I usually never wash my swim suits I just rinse them out and hang dry they last a lot longer doing it that way and so I had things hanging every where! So I ord

A nice little sweet spot

The sweet spot…. We seem to have hit one. I feel like we have not been in a sweet spot since the twins were about 6 months old. You know before they were mobile and can get into a ton of mischief. When kids are 0-6 months they still like to be held they eat mostly bottles and they mostly just stay in one spot. No issues, you can go places and even though you have to pack up your whole house to be prepared you can relax. And if you are in my family someone is always willing to hold or feed or change a baby. 7-months to 2.5 years old is what I refer to as the lost years. You have so many things you have to do for them they are not potty trained and they are mobile and get into EVERYTHING. Going outside is more work than its worth and with twins they scatter in opposite directions. Three on one is so hard handle in big open spaces. I would often find myself skipping outside time because the work was just too much for me. When the twins turned 3 and Grayson was 6 it felt like we had a

Home Schooling

Ah home schooling something that all of the country was thrown into. March 13 th was the last day that Grayson went to school and Charlotte and Marshalls last day was March 12 th . We got the call on March 15 th that school was closed for 2 weeks and that a pick up for at home materials would be on Tuesday. It was not required just suggested and so we loosely did school work. A worksheet here, spelling words here, some math problems ya know simple things. We truly believed that 2 weeks and they would be back in the classroom that is what the district presented as happening and so the distance learning was just to occupy time not to really learn anything new. Everything we were given was review.  Then we got the notification March 30 th we were closed again for another 2 weeks. Again, we were being loose with the learning because I was now working from home all but one day a week and had all three kids home and lets be honest it was a lot. Michael was still working 4-5 days a wee