Skip to main content

Let's talk Organization

Happy Tuesday! Thursday!!!!
Yes I started this post Monday night and then I didn't have enough storage on my phone to take pictures. And I'm as nosy as can be and I love pictures so I set out to move all my photos over to my zip drive that still remains missing so I ordered a new one and thanks to Prime I got it last night and was able to click a few pics. So here we are 2 days late but better late than never! Right?

I'm linking up with Andrea for her Show and Tell series.

Ahhhh Organization the thing that keeps me sane. Without it I'm a fumbling fool.

Here are my tips, tricks and crazy things I do to stay organized.


This bench and coat rack is essential to my sanity.



The bench holds our bags for the day. My purse, lunch bag and Grayson's diaper bag. Our hats, mittens, and scarves also get dropped here. This is our get out the door congregating area and so I love it. I come in plop our bags here and I know in the morning it's all right there again. Mornings are tough and always rushed to this is the key to getting out the door on time.This real life people. About 15 mins before I took this picture Grayson dumped that basket holding all of our hats and mittens and is sitting in it in the living room eating "nillas" and watching Mickey.




Next up Grayson's shoe bin. His shoes go here (it's not far from our coat/bag hub) Also extra bags and cart covers and misc things that might be needed to head out somewhere are here. He can put his own shoes away and I know where they are. We keep soft coolers here for when we take milk with us and other cold items. Plus I keep his swimsuit here. I know it's winter but there are indoor pools and I would hate to have to dig through to find it because I packed it away.




I have a white board on my fridge.(that I didn't take a picture of oops!) Grocery lists are started on here a lot along with lists for packing. If Grayson is going somewhere over night I pack everything I can the night before he leaves and then I will make a list of the things I need to grab right before I leave. This is usually the cold things and his night time stuff. I love being able to have this right here instead of a piece of paper that can easily get thrown in the garbage my grabby hands  (trust me it happens) I also stick appointment cards here after I write them in my planner that way Michael can see what is coming up and the time too.


Underneath we have a meal board so that everyone know what we are eating and when. I love this!



And the last thing I'm going to show you is my life line my main side kick my planner!!!!
A little back story. I have always been a planner girl I get it from my Grandma Gray. I write down things to do bills, personal info and memories. The planners act as a journal of sorts. After I had Grayson and was just overwhelmed I fell off the planner wagon.Well this July I did some research and Erin Condren caught my eye and then the price shocked me but it made sense. Plus I got it starting in July through 2015 so a year and a half. Well this thing is worth it's weight in gold. I love it.


Here is typical week


And Month


I use washi tape to make things pop and these pens because Andrea talked them up so much lol! But really they are awesome.


I sit down on Saturdays and look at the next week. I plan meals and double check appointments and bills.

I keep my bills in the back pocket and as I get them I write the check and stick them in there all sealed stamped and ready to go. I write in my calender when to drop them in the mail and I'm good to go.Grayson's school things go in here. Plus my nice list of weekly to do's are on the side so I can just glance really quick. I write down memories like in September when my boys was spewing new words like no tomorrow I have them written down. I just love this thing. I have a list in the back of go to meals and this helps with meal planning. I just love it! Here is a code you get $10.00 off your first order!Trust me I use this thing a million times a day!

And there yo have a small snippet of how I stay organized. I didn't even touch on the laundry room, bathroom, or Grayson's room because well I'm not writing a novel!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favorites

Love that it's Friday Love that its Friday and we have a beautiful weekend ahead of us! Linking up with Andrea today! One These PJ's. When we first got married (and even before I was married really) I used to wear cute PJ's to bed and then I started to wear not so cute PJ's to bed so I ordered some new ones and OMG girls get these now. So so soft so so comfy and under $20.00! Plus they have pockets!   Two While your shopping at Kohls throw some of these picture frames in your cart! Just for fun! I love that they are easy to change out and have a distressed look! Plus they can sit on a shelf or be hung on the wall. Love! Three We have been swimming like crazy and that equals all the things that go with swimming like a million towels and swim suits. My bathroom was a mess. I usually never wash my swim suits I just rinse them out and hang dry they last a lot longer doing it that way and so I had things hanging every where! So I ord

A nice little sweet spot

The sweet spot…. We seem to have hit one. I feel like we have not been in a sweet spot since the twins were about 6 months old. You know before they were mobile and can get into a ton of mischief. When kids are 0-6 months they still like to be held they eat mostly bottles and they mostly just stay in one spot. No issues, you can go places and even though you have to pack up your whole house to be prepared you can relax. And if you are in my family someone is always willing to hold or feed or change a baby. 7-months to 2.5 years old is what I refer to as the lost years. You have so many things you have to do for them they are not potty trained and they are mobile and get into EVERYTHING. Going outside is more work than its worth and with twins they scatter in opposite directions. Three on one is so hard handle in big open spaces. I would often find myself skipping outside time because the work was just too much for me. When the twins turned 3 and Grayson was 6 it felt like we had a

Home Schooling

Ah home schooling something that all of the country was thrown into. March 13 th was the last day that Grayson went to school and Charlotte and Marshalls last day was March 12 th . We got the call on March 15 th that school was closed for 2 weeks and that a pick up for at home materials would be on Tuesday. It was not required just suggested and so we loosely did school work. A worksheet here, spelling words here, some math problems ya know simple things. We truly believed that 2 weeks and they would be back in the classroom that is what the district presented as happening and so the distance learning was just to occupy time not to really learn anything new. Everything we were given was review.  Then we got the notification March 30 th we were closed again for another 2 weeks. Again, we were being loose with the learning because I was now working from home all but one day a week and had all three kids home and lets be honest it was a lot. Michael was still working 4-5 days a wee