Skip to main content

Things on a Thursday

The end of last week was nothing short of crazy.
I got the worst migraine to date and while it came and went several times I had a headache for 24 hours straight. I only lasted an hour at work on Friday and was home in bed sleeping by 9. I woke up and felt wonderful and have not had a problem since.

Once I was awake Michael and I decided to tackle to big living room/dining room switch. It was a lot of work but I'm happy with the end result. We are closer to the kitchen. The living room is bigger. And we opted out of a coffee cart because I talked my husband into getting a mini fridge in the dining room. Which has worked out awesome!

When Grayson got home from school he was all "woah yook at dis big room mommy it's so cool!" So he loved the change and now all his toys are in the dining room. It is split in two we have our table on one side and then all his toys on the other so it's almost like he has a play room.


Saturday we were up and at it to head to an Easter egg hung that our church does. It was snowy and cold so they held it in the gym and they did a great job!.
It was in my old high school and they have 2 gyms a JV and a Varsity so they put 0-6 in the JV gym and 6 and up in the Varsity. In the JV gym they had lanes taped off so that different age groups were together. It was nice not to have to fight an 8 year old for eggs. Grayson got a bucket full and then we emptied the eggs right there so that they can re-use them for next year. We were there about 20 mins. Oh yeah Grayson hates the Easter Bunny and the only time he didn't freak out when were near him was when we were leaving and he yelled "Bye Bye Bunny" I get it he does have a big head.




Grayson and I ate a "sootie" before church on Sunday. It is 2 cups of spinach 1 cup of strawberries(I use frozen) and 1 cup of yogurt. I blend my spinach with water first so that it gets nice and smooth. Then I add everything else and bam it's a smoothie. No it's not super sweet but it gets veggies in me which is my biggest struggle and G loves it so win win.

Sunday was Palm Sunday at church and it's one of my favorite services. They kids handed out Palms and then paraded through the isles waving them. It was a wonderful sermon. Grayson stayed with my Dad while my Mom and I went to church. My Dad had some dental work done and still has pretty bad bruises on his face to he is laying low.

Monday we had our dinner with C&T but before we headed to their house we went to Tractor Supply and got me some rubber boots for the snirt run. I grabbed a baseball cap too that I don't care if it get ruined or not.

Tuesday we got our family pictures back and oh my word I can't wait to share them with you all. I'm in love and now I'm just working on which ones I will be hanging on my wall.

Wednesday I went to Wal Mart with Grayson to grab a few things for my dessert for Easter Sunday and to pick up some pictures. I always print out every picture our photographer takes and put them in a book. That way I know what they look like printed and I have them on hand. We stopped to see the fishes and Grayson was in heaven. Then it was Mommy and Grayson night and we watched a movie and read every book we own.

 Tonight Grayson goes overnight with my Mom and Dad since school is closed tomorrow for Good Friday which means datenight for us! Nothing to exciting just staying home and working on our gallery wall.

Happy Thursday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favorites

Love that it's Friday Love that its Friday and we have a beautiful weekend ahead of us! Linking up with Andrea today! One These PJ's. When we first got married (and even before I was married really) I used to wear cute PJ's to bed and then I started to wear not so cute PJ's to bed so I ordered some new ones and OMG girls get these now. So so soft so so comfy and under $20.00! Plus they have pockets!   Two While your shopping at Kohls throw some of these picture frames in your cart! Just for fun! I love that they are easy to change out and have a distressed look! Plus they can sit on a shelf or be hung on the wall. Love! Three We have been swimming like crazy and that equals all the things that go with swimming like a million towels and swim suits. My bathroom was a mess. I usually never wash my swim suits I just rinse them out and hang dry they last a lot longer doing it that way and so I had things hanging every where! So I ord

A nice little sweet spot

The sweet spot…. We seem to have hit one. I feel like we have not been in a sweet spot since the twins were about 6 months old. You know before they were mobile and can get into a ton of mischief. When kids are 0-6 months they still like to be held they eat mostly bottles and they mostly just stay in one spot. No issues, you can go places and even though you have to pack up your whole house to be prepared you can relax. And if you are in my family someone is always willing to hold or feed or change a baby. 7-months to 2.5 years old is what I refer to as the lost years. You have so many things you have to do for them they are not potty trained and they are mobile and get into EVERYTHING. Going outside is more work than its worth and with twins they scatter in opposite directions. Three on one is so hard handle in big open spaces. I would often find myself skipping outside time because the work was just too much for me. When the twins turned 3 and Grayson was 6 it felt like we had a

Home Schooling

Ah home schooling something that all of the country was thrown into. March 13 th was the last day that Grayson went to school and Charlotte and Marshalls last day was March 12 th . We got the call on March 15 th that school was closed for 2 weeks and that a pick up for at home materials would be on Tuesday. It was not required just suggested and so we loosely did school work. A worksheet here, spelling words here, some math problems ya know simple things. We truly believed that 2 weeks and they would be back in the classroom that is what the district presented as happening and so the distance learning was just to occupy time not to really learn anything new. Everything we were given was review.  Then we got the notification March 30 th we were closed again for another 2 weeks. Again, we were being loose with the learning because I was now working from home all but one day a week and had all three kids home and lets be honest it was a lot. Michael was still working 4-5 days a wee