Skip to main content

The big 2

In 8 days my fat boy will be 2 and I'm struggling.

Silly. Maybe. But so real for me.

I love everything about him right now. But then I miss those snuggles and that baby smell and the tiny clothes. I miss the no talking back and the simplicity of feeding a new born (hello! they only eat one thing!).


The one that made me Mama is growing up in the blink of an eye. He talks to me in sentences and he is as smart as a whip. He's got a sense of humor that has me laughing until I cry most days. He is as stubborn as the day is long and he holds his ground too. However he gets that from me so it's a pretty long battle of wills. I win 90% of the time but then there are days when I'm just tired and give in.


He prefers Mama over anyone now and it makes my heart so full of love. However Daddy is the playmate and they wrestle and run and play "tuitar" (guitar). He copies everything that Daddy does and says "yook at me I wike my Daddy" and I melt into a puddle right there.


He is a lover. He will come up and say "Hi MY Mommy" and hug and kiss my leg, which leg hugs and kisses are the best of the best. He likes to be our helper. He adores doing laundry and dishes and he loves to "baccum". He has the memory of an elephant and if you tell him that he is going to do something he will ask you until you do it. He also will bring up things he did weeks ago and tell you that he loved it. The other day we were Face timing (love technology) my Dad and he said "Papa you get baccum and suck it up dem buggies, okay? I come hep you too Papa" A month ago when he was at my parents and he helped my Dad suck up some dead bugs in the basement and he still talks about it.


He has an opinion on what clothes he wears and what shows he watches. I give him choices of two outfits and he picks which one he wants to wear. His favorite color his camouflage or as he says "camaflage" and he can identify it too.


He blows his own nose and when he needs help I always tell him to look at me so the other day he came up to me with a tissue and sad "yook at me mommy k now bow your nose, yike dis" and then he he blew his nose. Too smart I tell ya.

Sometimes I use some four letter words I shouldn't and so I have been correcting myself and using other non offensive words. The other night when we had C&T over for dinner he almost spilled a glass of wine and I said "oh balls don't knock that over" and what does my son do? He yells "BALLLLLSSS" and we all laughed because only Grayson. But wait it gets better once we stopped laughing he looked right at Tracy and said "Tace I said BALLLSS" we died all over again. Hey it's better than the alternative. #imnotwinningparentoftheyear  #ohwell  #hesallmine


He knows our bedtime prayer and crosses is little hand every night while we say it. He also sings the end of Jesus loves me. He gets really loud when he yells "Da Bible tells me soooooo" it's precious. Old McDonald Farm gets yelled multiple times a day at our house and we sing it and he yells out what animal is next 9 times out of 10 it is an owl or Riley.



These are the best day I know this and I cherish every second I have with him. I'm a proud Mama and I know next time I blink he will be driving. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favorites

Love that it's Friday Love that its Friday and we have a beautiful weekend ahead of us! Linking up with Andrea today! One These PJ's. When we first got married (and even before I was married really) I used to wear cute PJ's to bed and then I started to wear not so cute PJ's to bed so I ordered some new ones and OMG girls get these now. So so soft so so comfy and under $20.00! Plus they have pockets!   Two While your shopping at Kohls throw some of these picture frames in your cart! Just for fun! I love that they are easy to change out and have a distressed look! Plus they can sit on a shelf or be hung on the wall. Love! Three We have been swimming like crazy and that equals all the things that go with swimming like a million towels and swim suits. My bathroom was a mess. I usually never wash my swim suits I just rinse them out and hang dry they last a lot longer doing it that way and so I had things hanging every where! So I ord

A nice little sweet spot

The sweet spot…. We seem to have hit one. I feel like we have not been in a sweet spot since the twins were about 6 months old. You know before they were mobile and can get into a ton of mischief. When kids are 0-6 months they still like to be held they eat mostly bottles and they mostly just stay in one spot. No issues, you can go places and even though you have to pack up your whole house to be prepared you can relax. And if you are in my family someone is always willing to hold or feed or change a baby. 7-months to 2.5 years old is what I refer to as the lost years. You have so many things you have to do for them they are not potty trained and they are mobile and get into EVERYTHING. Going outside is more work than its worth and with twins they scatter in opposite directions. Three on one is so hard handle in big open spaces. I would often find myself skipping outside time because the work was just too much for me. When the twins turned 3 and Grayson was 6 it felt like we had a

Home Schooling

Ah home schooling something that all of the country was thrown into. March 13 th was the last day that Grayson went to school and Charlotte and Marshalls last day was March 12 th . We got the call on March 15 th that school was closed for 2 weeks and that a pick up for at home materials would be on Tuesday. It was not required just suggested and so we loosely did school work. A worksheet here, spelling words here, some math problems ya know simple things. We truly believed that 2 weeks and they would be back in the classroom that is what the district presented as happening and so the distance learning was just to occupy time not to really learn anything new. Everything we were given was review.  Then we got the notification March 30 th we were closed again for another 2 weeks. Again, we were being loose with the learning because I was now working from home all but one day a week and had all three kids home and lets be honest it was a lot. Michael was still working 4-5 days a wee