Skip to main content

My Weekend

Friday was such a cold day that it required a nice hot cheesy pizza and let me tell you it hit the spot.
Snuggle time!

Saturday we were up nice and early had breakfast and then headed out to take care of some errands. My mama tagged along because anytime Grayson is involved she is there. We ran to Jcpenny to pick up my online order (because to ship to my house was over $10.00!!! and to ship to the store was free) I got us all shirt to wear for Grayson's birthday party ( Post on Wednesday about that) my brain seems to work backwards because I pick a theme and then the first thing I do is pick out shirts for us all to wear. We were getting of the car and I said " Okay I will grab the stroller you grab the kid" My Mom said "We don't need the stroller" Grayson says " Yesh GiGi Ayson need soller" but we still went with out it.

So I headed to the back of the store to get my order and they headed to the kids section to look for clothes. I'm heading back that way and I hear my sweet boys voice "Mike!, Sully!, Jake!" there was an entire wall of Disney stuffed animals and G was running around having his mind being blown. I got Libby and B their Easter gifts ( I always buy them a shirt instead of candy)  and then we got G a TMNT shirt for $1.99 so for 3 shirts I paid $16.00 which was an awesome deal. While I was cashing out Grayson thought it was funny to run away from me. And when I would go to pick him up, dead weight. How do kids do that anyway? And I'm officially that Mom with the crazy kid. However he was laughing and everyone thought he was cute. But he tried to tell us that we needed the stroller. haha

My Mom scooped up a winter coat for G for next year and and out for each Libby and B and 2 shirts and pj's for G. Plus she bought him a special cup for his birthday party all for $50.00 we got some good deals!

Next stop was Target and it was G's first time having popcorn and he loved it, we also opted for a cart this time. Plus he loved handing people handfuls we got some weird looks when he was trying to give them popcorn. Such a sweet boy! We grabbed everything else needed for his birthday party (in less than a month!!!!) and I feel so good about it all.

We got home just in time for lunch and M&M's which I'm pretty sure is his love language and he went down for a nap. I put away all our goodies and then relaxed. Chasing him around the store was exhausting.
Someone loves M&M's

Sunday we got up and headed to church. Grayson has now developed a fear of the nursery and it's not just a clingy thing its a I'm scared thing. So I went tried to take him down yesterday (normally my mom does it) and I get it now. There are about 20 boys between the ages of 1 and 5 screaming their heads off and holy cow I would not want to be in there either. So he stayed in church with us which was good until mid sermon he yell "yook it mommy at da fans!!!" "okay mommy you color now in pink!" and my favorite "No paying (praying) right now I finking" Next time he will be staying with my Dad at home!
Without fail he falls asleep 5 mins away from Church!
Sweet boys takes church very seriously!

We came home had lunch and then he fought his nap like it was the only way into heaven. over an hour later he fell asleep and then I had to wake him up because I still need him to sleep at night.
Michael and I tackled the kitchen and I feel so much better. We cleaned out our food cupboards, the fridge, the freezer, and cleared off all the counter tops. I have a huge bag of food to take to the food pantry and some appliances to donate. I'm done holding on to things for the what if. If that happens I will buy a new one. It felt so good to purge and I had a smile on my face walking into a nice clean kitchen.

I hope everyone had a great weekend!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favorites

Love that it's Friday Love that its Friday and we have a beautiful weekend ahead of us! Linking up with Andrea today! One These PJ's. When we first got married (and even before I was married really) I used to wear cute PJ's to bed and then I started to wear not so cute PJ's to bed so I ordered some new ones and OMG girls get these now. So so soft so so comfy and under $20.00! Plus they have pockets!   Two While your shopping at Kohls throw some of these picture frames in your cart! Just for fun! I love that they are easy to change out and have a distressed look! Plus they can sit on a shelf or be hung on the wall. Love! Three We have been swimming like crazy and that equals all the things that go with swimming like a million towels and swim suits. My bathroom was a mess. I usually never wash my swim suits I just rinse them out and hang dry they last a lot longer doing it that way and so I had things hanging every where! So I ord

A nice little sweet spot

The sweet spot…. We seem to have hit one. I feel like we have not been in a sweet spot since the twins were about 6 months old. You know before they were mobile and can get into a ton of mischief. When kids are 0-6 months they still like to be held they eat mostly bottles and they mostly just stay in one spot. No issues, you can go places and even though you have to pack up your whole house to be prepared you can relax. And if you are in my family someone is always willing to hold or feed or change a baby. 7-months to 2.5 years old is what I refer to as the lost years. You have so many things you have to do for them they are not potty trained and they are mobile and get into EVERYTHING. Going outside is more work than its worth and with twins they scatter in opposite directions. Three on one is so hard handle in big open spaces. I would often find myself skipping outside time because the work was just too much for me. When the twins turned 3 and Grayson was 6 it felt like we had a

Home Schooling

Ah home schooling something that all of the country was thrown into. March 13 th was the last day that Grayson went to school and Charlotte and Marshalls last day was March 12 th . We got the call on March 15 th that school was closed for 2 weeks and that a pick up for at home materials would be on Tuesday. It was not required just suggested and so we loosely did school work. A worksheet here, spelling words here, some math problems ya know simple things. We truly believed that 2 weeks and they would be back in the classroom that is what the district presented as happening and so the distance learning was just to occupy time not to really learn anything new. Everything we were given was review.  Then we got the notification March 30 th we were closed again for another 2 weeks. Again, we were being loose with the learning because I was now working from home all but one day a week and had all three kids home and lets be honest it was a lot. Michael was still working 4-5 days a wee