Skip to main content

Our WaterPark Adventure.....My last big outing

This weekend I took my last big outing before the babies come. My husband does not trust me to sit and relax and so he told me I'm not allowed to do anything on my own anymore unless him or my mom go with me. And to an extent he is right. I'm a get things done kind of gal and I really need to be growing these babies more than anything so with that I hang up my outings hat and plan to just take these next 6 to 9 weeks easy and snuggle my biggest boy as much as I can.

Anyway

Friday- I scooped up my boy from school and we headed to the store to get snacks for our weekend away. If there is anything I have learned it's that kids are always hungry even 10 seconds after they just finished dinner they want a snack so we grabbed snacks and food for breakfast. Then it was baby doughnut time and we were headed home to a wonderful steak dinner with homemade potato chips. Yum just what I have been craving.


Saturday- We were up and dressed early, well Grayson was because my sister was taking him to the aquarium for a few hours.

She had gotten a free family pass for this weekend only and wanted to take Grayson. The aquarium is not that great but since it was free they went and he loved it ! Plus he loved looking at the Falls! I stayed home and got us all packed up to head to the water park.I took a shower, went through some packages that were for Grayson's birthday and just sat with my feet up the rest of the time. My Aunt stopped by with some cookies for the trip and some quarters for the arcade there. Then my Grandma and Aunt stopped by with some gifts for the twins, two beautiful homemade baby blankets from one of their friends and two Rock n Play's for the babies! I'm over the moon excited about those. Grayson came home while they were still there so they got to visit with them. He refused to nap I think he was to excited and then Mary Kay dropped off Libby and B. Michael and Mary loaded up all the kids and we headed out to pick up Aunt Halli. A quick stop for water and we were on the road. About halfway through the trip Grayson said "mommy I'm tired can I close my eyes?" Sure thing buddy and like that he was out.

 He got in a 45 min nap before we got to the hotel and checked in.
We headed up to our room got changed right away for the water park and headed down. It was insane. Thankfully we found a table and chair so I could sit and put my feet up but there were a ton of kids. Grayson was not a huge fan because all over the small wadding pool were buckets that dumped on you once they were full and home boy does not like water in his eyes. B and Grayson swam for about an hour and then we wrangled all the kids up to the room to change for dinner.


That was a cluster because the restaurant that is attached to the hotel has a menu on line I checked it before we left they had mac and cheese for the two boys so I figured okay all good. Well on that night they decided to serve a buffet that did not have mac and cheese on it. So after trying to find a restaurant that had mac and cheese and no wait we threw up the white flag and ran to Target (which was in the same parking lot as our hotel) and got the two boys some mac and cheese and myself a pizza and bread sticks and the three of us had a picnic dinner on the cooler in our room while the rest of our group went to the buffet, which they said was way over priced and not that good.

It was finally bed time and we were all sound asleep until midnight when we got a prank call and I almost lost my mind. Thankfully the kids in my room slept through it. They were up at 6:30 we ate some breakfast, jumped on beds, watched some iPad and then everyone but me headed back down to the water park. I stayed up in the room and relaxed. I was having some braxton hicks and was experiencing some swelling so I laid in bed with my feet up and both stopped pretty quickly. We packed up and checked out at 11 and then made our way home.


It was a fun weekend but exhausting being 27 weeks pregnant with twins. I came home and got Grayson down for a nap and then I just sat with my swollen feet up for the rest of the night. I'm glad I took Grayson he had the best time but I agree with my husband that was it. I just can't do all the running around anymore.

Tomorrow we have our sonogram so I can't wait to see the babies then!

Happy Monday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favorites

Love that it's Friday Love that its Friday and we have a beautiful weekend ahead of us! Linking up with Andrea today! One These PJ's. When we first got married (and even before I was married really) I used to wear cute PJ's to bed and then I started to wear not so cute PJ's to bed so I ordered some new ones and OMG girls get these now. So so soft so so comfy and under $20.00! Plus they have pockets!   Two While your shopping at Kohls throw some of these picture frames in your cart! Just for fun! I love that they are easy to change out and have a distressed look! Plus they can sit on a shelf or be hung on the wall. Love! Three We have been swimming like crazy and that equals all the things that go with swimming like a million towels and swim suits. My bathroom was a mess. I usually never wash my swim suits I just rinse them out and hang dry they last a lot longer doing it that way and so I had things hanging every where! So I ord

A nice little sweet spot

The sweet spot…. We seem to have hit one. I feel like we have not been in a sweet spot since the twins were about 6 months old. You know before they were mobile and can get into a ton of mischief. When kids are 0-6 months they still like to be held they eat mostly bottles and they mostly just stay in one spot. No issues, you can go places and even though you have to pack up your whole house to be prepared you can relax. And if you are in my family someone is always willing to hold or feed or change a baby. 7-months to 2.5 years old is what I refer to as the lost years. You have so many things you have to do for them they are not potty trained and they are mobile and get into EVERYTHING. Going outside is more work than its worth and with twins they scatter in opposite directions. Three on one is so hard handle in big open spaces. I would often find myself skipping outside time because the work was just too much for me. When the twins turned 3 and Grayson was 6 it felt like we had a

Home Schooling

Ah home schooling something that all of the country was thrown into. March 13 th was the last day that Grayson went to school and Charlotte and Marshalls last day was March 12 th . We got the call on March 15 th that school was closed for 2 weeks and that a pick up for at home materials would be on Tuesday. It was not required just suggested and so we loosely did school work. A worksheet here, spelling words here, some math problems ya know simple things. We truly believed that 2 weeks and they would be back in the classroom that is what the district presented as happening and so the distance learning was just to occupy time not to really learn anything new. Everything we were given was review.  Then we got the notification March 30 th we were closed again for another 2 weeks. Again, we were being loose with the learning because I was now working from home all but one day a week and had all three kids home and lets be honest it was a lot. Michael was still working 4-5 days a wee