Skip to main content

It's a........... Gender Reveal and the weekend

Friday night I scooped up Grayson and we got our baby donuts and headed home we had a simple dinner and then dipped some oreos in blue and pink chocolate to put on our desert table. I got everything around that I could for the next day so that I was not running around like crazy


Saturday we got up and lounged for a little bit wrapped the present for the birthday party Grayson was attending and then got our meatballs in the crockpot for the gender reveal later that afternoon. Michael got home early so I was able to jump in the shower and then my sister came and picked up Grayson to take him to the birthday party that was from 1-3 and then she brought him right over to our party that was from 3-5. We had a very busy day that day.


My mom came and picked me up and we headed to set up for the party and then Michael and my dad came later so that Michael had time to catch a nap and get ready.


We got everything set up, people started to arrive and then around 4 we cut the cakes!



I had this little guessing station set up and at the end the votes were 2 boys but we are having.....



One of each!  A boy and a girl!!!! I'm beyond excited as is everyone else. Baby A is our Girl and she is the bigger of the two at this point and Baby B is our boy. We have names picked out but will not be sharing those until delivery. After the party was all cleaned up we headed to Ed's ( a local dive bar) to celebrate a family birthday. I was exhausted so my saint of a mother offered to take Grayson overnight so that I could rest and get a good nights sleep.



I slept from 9-8:30 in the morning and I needed it. I for sure over did it on Saturday at the party and I was pretty sore all day so I sat with my feet up and binge watched some TV. It started to snow and once Grayson got home we just snuggled on the couch and enjoyed some quiet family time.



I'm so excited to know the genders and now it's all bring on some pink! We go to the doctors tomorrow and I can't wait to hear my sweet babes heartbeats!


Happy Monday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Four Things right now

Four things about all of us right now... Grayson One- This boy has finally found his groove in 1st grade. Kinder to 1st was a big adjustment but he's doing well now. And he is a spelling champ! He does sooooo good on his spelling tests! Two- Hockey is life for this kid. He skates twice a week (once doing a hockey specific clinic and once doing family skate see below) His skills are really growing Three- He loves reading and so we are riding that wave all the way. Four- He has to wear his glasses full time now. What started out as hey wear these when you watch TV that is farther away or when you sit farther from the board has turned into needing them full time. Our school has a local organization that comes in and does eye assessments for free for the elementary schools and they sent home a letter saying get him to the eye doctor he needs glasses (well that was the jist of it) and we since we already had glasses from his eye doctor he just started with tho...

A nice little sweet spot

The sweet spot…. We seem to have hit one. I feel like we have not been in a sweet spot since the twins were about 6 months old. You know before they were mobile and can get into a ton of mischief. When kids are 0-6 months they still like to be held they eat mostly bottles and they mostly just stay in one spot. No issues, you can go places and even though you have to pack up your whole house to be prepared you can relax. And if you are in my family someone is always willing to hold or feed or change a baby. 7-months to 2.5 years old is what I refer to as the lost years. You have so many things you have to do for them they are not potty trained and they are mobile and get into EVERYTHING. Going outside is more work than its worth and with twins they scatter in opposite directions. Three on one is so hard handle in big open spaces. I would often find myself skipping outside time because the work was just too much for me. When the twins turned 3 and Grayson was 6 it felt like we had a ...

Conferences, Grocery Pick up and trying to get out the door

I had grand plans to document our day on Friday. I was going for an every hour sort of thing and then after the 3rd hour lost track I will shoot for next Friday though we will see I'm off on Friday's ( all the happy faces for a 4 day work week and the $$$ saved on daycare ) It was our February break from school so Grayson is home too. I get up at 6:15 on Fridays which is sleeping for me because during the week I'm up at 5 and I head downstairs to do a workout. I'm in a funk right now with that stuff but I still move my body. Today I did a 10 min arm video and 10 min lower body video. I stretch for a few mins and I'm done just in time for Grayson to come wandering down the stairs. I chug some water. Check in with Michael and head upstairs to get Marshall and Charlotte from their beds. They both woke up dry (we are in the throws of potty training and are still in pull ups at night for now) They charge downstairs yelling that they have to pee and demanding...