Skip to main content

A weekend with a cold

For once it was not my hometown getting hit with all the snow. I feel for the other places that got nailed with all that snow however I think it's funny that they shut down the and everyone stays home. In Buffalo, NY it's just another day and we still make it to work. I guess that just shows the difference in an area.


Anyway onto the weekend.

Friday was low key. I could feel myself coming down with a head cold. Grayson had a stuffy nose and I knew it was a matter of time until I got the same thing since we kiss a lot ha! We got baby donuts and headed home for hammy subs and snuggles.
All 3 of my babies, Grayson loves to lay on my bump


Saturday Grayson requested that we watch Ratatouille and so snuggled on the couch for the morning eating breakfast and watching out movie. Then we did all the laundry. I have not problem washing, drying and folding putting it away is my downfall. I had zero empty laundry baskets so I sucked it up away all our laundry and it felt so good after. Then Grayson went down for a nap and so did I. Aunt Halli and Libby came and picked him up to go play with the kids while we went to our annual football pool party. Let me just say being the only stone cold sober person in a room of 100+ people drinking will wear you down big time. We didn't stay as late as we usually do because we had to get Grayson and I was so thankful. Michael got sick on the way home ( I think it was combo of the drinks and the rich food) and so he went right to bed. Grayson however would only sleep for hour long stretches because he kept waking himself up coughing. Finally around 2 I brought him into bed with us so that I could keep him propped up to stop the coughing. I then went downstairs to sleep around 5:00 because A) both the boys were snoring. B) I had a sliver of the bed and that does not work with this big belly and C) I could not stop coughing myself. I finally got back to sleep around 5:30 and slept until 7:30 when I could hear Grayson yelling for me from the bed saying "Oh mommmy where are you?" He came bopping down the stairs saying " Oh good der you are I was looking for you eferywhere!" Sweet boy. He was coughing his brains out so I gave him some cough medicine. Michael made breakfast and then he got to work on cleaning out the soon to be nursery and I went back to bed. I was so sore and stuffed up my body felt like it had been through a battle.

My mom called around 9 and offered to take Grayson for his lunch and nap since we were all riding together to go to my Grandma's house for my Aunt's birthday. I jumped at the offer. Grayson and I headed over to my Aunt's house (which thankfully is like 3 mins from my house) to decide on a menu for my sister's bridal shower and then my Mom took him home from there and I went home and ate and took a nap. Michael made a run to the storage until and did the grocery shopping. Once he got home we both got ready really quick and then once my parents got there we headed to Gram's house for my Aunts birthday celebration. They live in the city and it house it tiny so with all of us in there it gets cramped. The kids played in the back bedroom and so that helped with caous. We had pizza wings and cake. Then once we saw that the Pats were defeated (yes!!!!!) we headed home. It was early to bed for everyone because the weekend wiped us out.


This week is hopefully a little slower. I'm hoping this cold leaves our house and soon and that we can get some more organizing done. Our second crib comes this week(!!!) and I then we can finish ordering all the other things we still need for the twins.

Happy Monday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favorites

Love that it's Friday Love that its Friday and we have a beautiful weekend ahead of us! Linking up with Andrea today! One These PJ's. When we first got married (and even before I was married really) I used to wear cute PJ's to bed and then I started to wear not so cute PJ's to bed so I ordered some new ones and OMG girls get these now. So so soft so so comfy and under $20.00! Plus they have pockets!   Two While your shopping at Kohls throw some of these picture frames in your cart! Just for fun! I love that they are easy to change out and have a distressed look! Plus they can sit on a shelf or be hung on the wall. Love! Three We have been swimming like crazy and that equals all the things that go with swimming like a million towels and swim suits. My bathroom was a mess. I usually never wash my swim suits I just rinse them out and hang dry they last a lot longer doing it that way and so I had things hanging every where! So I ord

A nice little sweet spot

The sweet spot…. We seem to have hit one. I feel like we have not been in a sweet spot since the twins were about 6 months old. You know before they were mobile and can get into a ton of mischief. When kids are 0-6 months they still like to be held they eat mostly bottles and they mostly just stay in one spot. No issues, you can go places and even though you have to pack up your whole house to be prepared you can relax. And if you are in my family someone is always willing to hold or feed or change a baby. 7-months to 2.5 years old is what I refer to as the lost years. You have so many things you have to do for them they are not potty trained and they are mobile and get into EVERYTHING. Going outside is more work than its worth and with twins they scatter in opposite directions. Three on one is so hard handle in big open spaces. I would often find myself skipping outside time because the work was just too much for me. When the twins turned 3 and Grayson was 6 it felt like we had a

Home Schooling

Ah home schooling something that all of the country was thrown into. March 13 th was the last day that Grayson went to school and Charlotte and Marshalls last day was March 12 th . We got the call on March 15 th that school was closed for 2 weeks and that a pick up for at home materials would be on Tuesday. It was not required just suggested and so we loosely did school work. A worksheet here, spelling words here, some math problems ya know simple things. We truly believed that 2 weeks and they would be back in the classroom that is what the district presented as happening and so the distance learning was just to occupy time not to really learn anything new. Everything we were given was review.  Then we got the notification March 30 th we were closed again for another 2 weeks. Again, we were being loose with the learning because I was now working from home all but one day a week and had all three kids home and lets be honest it was a lot. Michael was still working 4-5 days a wee