Skip to main content

Weekending on a Tuesday and other random things

It was short work week which was awesome.

When Friday hit I was ready for some R&R.

Friday we had leftovers for dinner. Since we are in a no spend month we have opted to not have takeout Friday's anymore, unless we have a gift card or it comes out of our grocery budget. So leftover taco's it was on Friday. Then I had to get a workout in and Michael wanted to do it with me so we waited until the little went to bed. Holy Cow PiYo Buns kicked my bootie. I was sore and soaked but a good sore. I slept like a baby that night..


Saturday- We were up early since Grayson does not believe in sleeping in. I decided that  BJ's run was needed since we were down to 2 rolls of paper towels. My Mom decided to come with us which is always fun and helpful. Plus those two are just crazy about each other. I got a great deal on diapers, wipes, paper towels and I scored a new Buffalo Bills t-shirt for my hubby. We got home just in time for lunch and naps which he slept for 3 hours!!!! I caught a little snooze as well and picked up some things around the house. We had waffles for dinner and G refused to eat anything so he didn't have dinner. I'm thinking maybe we need to end the afternoon snack? But then he would go without any thing from 12 until 5. Anyway after he went to bed I worked out it was T-25 this day and wow just wow thank goodness it is only 25 minuets.



Sunday was relaxing and once G was down for his nap I settled in for laundry and football! When Michael came home we rushed over to my parents to finish watching out Bill's beat the Bears!!!!! It was a great way to start the season and we can still hold out hope that this year is our year.


Over all it was a wonderful weekend.

So I mentioned above a no spend month. We have cut out our extra crap for the month and have budgeted even tighter than normal. Our Friday night eat out nights are saving us $110.00 a month!!! Plus I have committed to hardcore couponing and have already shaved $150.00 off our grocery budget. All this extra will go towards getting our debt paid down and we are stocking up on food and hoping that we can do a month of groceries on $80 one month and really save some $$$$.

Happy Tuesday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favorites

Love that it's Friday Love that its Friday and we have a beautiful weekend ahead of us! Linking up with Andrea today! One These PJ's. When we first got married (and even before I was married really) I used to wear cute PJ's to bed and then I started to wear not so cute PJ's to bed so I ordered some new ones and OMG girls get these now. So so soft so so comfy and under $20.00! Plus they have pockets!   Two While your shopping at Kohls throw some of these picture frames in your cart! Just for fun! I love that they are easy to change out and have a distressed look! Plus they can sit on a shelf or be hung on the wall. Love! Three We have been swimming like crazy and that equals all the things that go with swimming like a million towels and swim suits. My bathroom was a mess. I usually never wash my swim suits I just rinse them out and hang dry they last a lot longer doing it that way and so I had things hanging every where! So I ord

A nice little sweet spot

The sweet spot…. We seem to have hit one. I feel like we have not been in a sweet spot since the twins were about 6 months old. You know before they were mobile and can get into a ton of mischief. When kids are 0-6 months they still like to be held they eat mostly bottles and they mostly just stay in one spot. No issues, you can go places and even though you have to pack up your whole house to be prepared you can relax. And if you are in my family someone is always willing to hold or feed or change a baby. 7-months to 2.5 years old is what I refer to as the lost years. You have so many things you have to do for them they are not potty trained and they are mobile and get into EVERYTHING. Going outside is more work than its worth and with twins they scatter in opposite directions. Three on one is so hard handle in big open spaces. I would often find myself skipping outside time because the work was just too much for me. When the twins turned 3 and Grayson was 6 it felt like we had a

Home Schooling

Ah home schooling something that all of the country was thrown into. March 13 th was the last day that Grayson went to school and Charlotte and Marshalls last day was March 12 th . We got the call on March 15 th that school was closed for 2 weeks and that a pick up for at home materials would be on Tuesday. It was not required just suggested and so we loosely did school work. A worksheet here, spelling words here, some math problems ya know simple things. We truly believed that 2 weeks and they would be back in the classroom that is what the district presented as happening and so the distance learning was just to occupy time not to really learn anything new. Everything we were given was review.  Then we got the notification March 30 th we were closed again for another 2 weeks. Again, we were being loose with the learning because I was now working from home all but one day a week and had all three kids home and lets be honest it was a lot. Michael was still working 4-5 days a wee