Skip to main content

Short Holiday Week

This past week/weekend has had a little bit of everything.


Tuesday night I got whatever Grayson had. It was awful. I woke up Wednesday not feeling much better so I went into work for a few hours and then came home and slept. It was wonderful. Thursday Michael called to tell me that he had gotten Sunday off for our family Thanksgiving. I was so excited. I love having days off together since it is such a treat.

Friday we had Papa Joe over for his birthday dinner. We splurged and got steaks (fillet Mignon) and they were Divine. Michael makes the best steaks ever.We put G to bed visited with Joe for a little bit and then headed to bed ourselves.


While all of this going on just to the south of us was getting nailed with the biggest snow storm ever. I work about 20 mins from where the destruction happened. And let me just say I'm so proud to live in WNY. I'm also very thankful that we were safe and that all of our loved ones were safe. My brother did get stuck at a Tim Horton's and one of our dear friends was stuck at a strangers house for 36 hours. Michael had been out working in it later in the week and people are just trying to get unstuck and dug out of the their homes.We are doing what we can to help everyone and keep all the families who have suffered losses due to this #snowvember. But did you see my Billy Goats last night?!?!?!? We WON!!!! It was so amazing and I died when Scott Chandler air shoveled after his touchdown.

Ok back to the rest of the weekend.

Saturday Grayson and I got up and started getting things ready for the Thanksgiving feast on Sunday. I made my chocolate pie, and After his nap and Michael got home we headed to GiGi's and got to prepping. I brought over my kitchen aid food processor (a must at holiday time in my opinion!) and we got the coleslaw prepped and the stuffing made, we took a short intermission for dinner and then we peeled potatoes and stuffed the turkey. We got so much done that Sunday morning was a breeze for my Momma. We got home put G to bed and then I made my lemon meringue pie and Michael did dishes. Then we hung out and watched TV for little bit before heading to bed.



Sunday we got up as a family!!!! Made cinnamon rolls for breakfast (family tradition!!!!) and colored our little hearts out. I boiled my eggs for deviled eggs and then after lunch finishing up the eggs and a quick shower I grabbed a nap. I got up and finished getting ready, Michael got ready loaded up the car and once Grayson was up and dressed we headed back to GiGi and Papa's . It was a blast and I only have a few pictures from the day because we just hung out and spent so much time as a family. I honestly just love this time of the year.

A few other things to note:
Last night we had Chris and Tracy over for dinner. Michael made Pasta Fagiloi in the crock pot and it was wonderful.
I have my Christmas cards all ready to go in the mail which they will be tomorrow morning!!!
Michael and I get a date night tomorrow night. We are going to the gun range to shoot and then out to dinner all with gift cards!!! My Mom is keeping Grayson overnight so on Thanksgiving we have huge plans to break out the Christmas Tree and all the decor!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favorites

Love that it's Friday Love that its Friday and we have a beautiful weekend ahead of us! Linking up with Andrea today! One These PJ's. When we first got married (and even before I was married really) I used to wear cute PJ's to bed and then I started to wear not so cute PJ's to bed so I ordered some new ones and OMG girls get these now. So so soft so so comfy and under $20.00! Plus they have pockets!   Two While your shopping at Kohls throw some of these picture frames in your cart! Just for fun! I love that they are easy to change out and have a distressed look! Plus they can sit on a shelf or be hung on the wall. Love! Three We have been swimming like crazy and that equals all the things that go with swimming like a million towels and swim suits. My bathroom was a mess. I usually never wash my swim suits I just rinse them out and hang dry they last a lot longer doing it that way and so I had things hanging every where! So I ord

A nice little sweet spot

The sweet spot…. We seem to have hit one. I feel like we have not been in a sweet spot since the twins were about 6 months old. You know before they were mobile and can get into a ton of mischief. When kids are 0-6 months they still like to be held they eat mostly bottles and they mostly just stay in one spot. No issues, you can go places and even though you have to pack up your whole house to be prepared you can relax. And if you are in my family someone is always willing to hold or feed or change a baby. 7-months to 2.5 years old is what I refer to as the lost years. You have so many things you have to do for them they are not potty trained and they are mobile and get into EVERYTHING. Going outside is more work than its worth and with twins they scatter in opposite directions. Three on one is so hard handle in big open spaces. I would often find myself skipping outside time because the work was just too much for me. When the twins turned 3 and Grayson was 6 it felt like we had a

Home Schooling

Ah home schooling something that all of the country was thrown into. March 13 th was the last day that Grayson went to school and Charlotte and Marshalls last day was March 12 th . We got the call on March 15 th that school was closed for 2 weeks and that a pick up for at home materials would be on Tuesday. It was not required just suggested and so we loosely did school work. A worksheet here, spelling words here, some math problems ya know simple things. We truly believed that 2 weeks and they would be back in the classroom that is what the district presented as happening and so the distance learning was just to occupy time not to really learn anything new. Everything we were given was review.  Then we got the notification March 30 th we were closed again for another 2 weeks. Again, we were being loose with the learning because I was now working from home all but one day a week and had all three kids home and lets be honest it was a lot. Michael was still working 4-5 days a wee