Skip to main content

More than I expected- A Father's day tribute

When we first talked about having kids Michael's response was "Okay if that's what you want"

He was not very into. He is an only child and has never really been around babies or kids.He also had a different childhood and until we got married had no real desire to be a parent.

Even when our nephew was born he would not hold him until he had full head control and could sit up on his own.

So when we decided to pull the goalie I was excited and nervous. Through my whole pregnancy I would ask him "Can you believe we are going to be parents? I can't wait to hold this little peanut/nugget and kiss it all day long" He would always respond "Yeah it's great". He had no emotion.

I tried to talk to him about it and he always responded with he didn't know what to expect and he would be fine once I pooped out the baby. (If only it was that easy)

Well I didn't get to have a natural birth mostly because I was giving birth to a toddler not an infant. Once they ripped that toddler from my stomach he said something clicked.


He ran right over to that fat chunky boy and started talking to him. I remember very little about the c-section once they said it was a boy but I remember hearing Michael saying over and over again "It's ok your Daddy is here" Then he would yell to me "Babe he calmed down he knows my voice!"


Since I was numb from the boobs down and tore up from the floor up I was bed ridden for the whole afternoon/ night after having him. I was nervous that I would be begging my mom to spend the night with me because Michael didn't know how to change a diaper, or calm down the baby when he cried.

That man of mine walked right up the nurse and said "Okay he pooped show me how to do this" I cried big huge ugly tears because he was right once the baby came he was all good. He changed G's first diaper, and gave him is first bath.He never left my side and was the main care giver for Grayson.

He has learned how to do everything for our nugget that he can. Bath times are all him and he knows how to feed, change and dress that child (although his outfits are sometimes mis matched).

He is not only Grayson's Daddy but his best friend. The boys came to visit me at work the other day and Grayson reached for Michael and one of the girls I worked with said "That has got to kill you that he chose Michael over you" To which I responded. "Nope he exceeded all of my expectations and then some I'm glad he has such a good Daddy"

I have never seen it as choosing one over the other but personally it makes my heart so happy and brings tears to my eyes when I see that. The bond those two have it is so strong and amazing I'm honored to watch it grow.


So here is to you Michael, an amazing father, our boys best friend, our families rock and my hero. I love you!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favorites

Love that it's Friday Love that its Friday and we have a beautiful weekend ahead of us! Linking up with Andrea today! One These PJ's. When we first got married (and even before I was married really) I used to wear cute PJ's to bed and then I started to wear not so cute PJ's to bed so I ordered some new ones and OMG girls get these now. So so soft so so comfy and under $20.00! Plus they have pockets!   Two While your shopping at Kohls throw some of these picture frames in your cart! Just for fun! I love that they are easy to change out and have a distressed look! Plus they can sit on a shelf or be hung on the wall. Love! Three We have been swimming like crazy and that equals all the things that go with swimming like a million towels and swim suits. My bathroom was a mess. I usually never wash my swim suits I just rinse them out and hang dry they last a lot longer doing it that way and so I had things hanging every where! So I ord

A nice little sweet spot

The sweet spot…. We seem to have hit one. I feel like we have not been in a sweet spot since the twins were about 6 months old. You know before they were mobile and can get into a ton of mischief. When kids are 0-6 months they still like to be held they eat mostly bottles and they mostly just stay in one spot. No issues, you can go places and even though you have to pack up your whole house to be prepared you can relax. And if you are in my family someone is always willing to hold or feed or change a baby. 7-months to 2.5 years old is what I refer to as the lost years. You have so many things you have to do for them they are not potty trained and they are mobile and get into EVERYTHING. Going outside is more work than its worth and with twins they scatter in opposite directions. Three on one is so hard handle in big open spaces. I would often find myself skipping outside time because the work was just too much for me. When the twins turned 3 and Grayson was 6 it felt like we had a

Home Schooling

Ah home schooling something that all of the country was thrown into. March 13 th was the last day that Grayson went to school and Charlotte and Marshalls last day was March 12 th . We got the call on March 15 th that school was closed for 2 weeks and that a pick up for at home materials would be on Tuesday. It was not required just suggested and so we loosely did school work. A worksheet here, spelling words here, some math problems ya know simple things. We truly believed that 2 weeks and they would be back in the classroom that is what the district presented as happening and so the distance learning was just to occupy time not to really learn anything new. Everything we were given was review.  Then we got the notification March 30 th we were closed again for another 2 weeks. Again, we were being loose with the learning because I was now working from home all but one day a week and had all three kids home and lets be honest it was a lot. Michael was still working 4-5 days a wee