Skip to main content

The day after

I had my surgery yesterday and it was a tough day.


I felt all the emotions within an hour.

Waiting four days and just willing my body to work on it's own was hard. It felt wrong. It felt foreign. I willed the cramps to come because it meant that it really was a loss. When I felt the first pains on Saturday night I thanked God because it meant it was real. Up until then my irrational side held out hope that it was just wrong. The technician was wrong, the doctor was wrong, the machine was broken.

When we went to register you have to sign a paper giving consent to have the procedure done. It says "I elect to have this procedure" That was my first break down. I kept thinking I'm not electing to do this. If I had my way I wouldn't be here. I would be telling the world that I was expecting my second child.

I was scheduled for 10 but didn't go in until 12. I had to listen to one women say she was thankful for her baby not having a heartbeat because she just had one 7 months ago and my heart lit up with anger. I wasn't happy I was devastated. I wanted this baby so why was this happening to me? Then I got even more mad when the nurse told me I didn't look happy and that I looked nervous.
I'm sorry but no I'm not happy to be here I'm mad. Mad that I feel like my body failed me (I know it didn't), mad that I'm here for this. I should not be here until January when I'm having a c-section.


The other awful part. Every new person that comes to ask you something asks you what your there for. I had to say at least a dozen time D&C. Plus one of the forms that they have to fill out literally says "forced abortion" on the top. It ripped my heart out.


It wasn't until I got back to the holding area for surgery that I felt support from the staff. And I'm not mad at the other nurses they probably just don't know how to handle someone who is losing a baby. The anesthesiologist was the same one who did my spinal for my c-section and he was just as wonderful as I remember. He held my hand told me he was sorry and wiped away my tears as he wheeled me into surgery. My nurse in recovery was amazing. She brought me extra pairs of mesh underwear she told me that I would be back there to have a c-section because she just knew that a second baby was in my future.


And Michael. Oh my word is that man wonderful. He stayed there that whole day with me. We were separated a ton of the time but he was so my rock. He took care of me every step of the way. We had a good cry and prayed like crazy.

This is not easy. However we can't go back. I can't go back to Thursday and give my baby heartbeat. What I can do is work through this with God and pray for peace and that one day He will bless us with another baby.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favorites

Love that it's Friday Love that its Friday and we have a beautiful weekend ahead of us! Linking up with Andrea today! One These PJ's. When we first got married (and even before I was married really) I used to wear cute PJ's to bed and then I started to wear not so cute PJ's to bed so I ordered some new ones and OMG girls get these now. So so soft so so comfy and under $20.00! Plus they have pockets!   Two While your shopping at Kohls throw some of these picture frames in your cart! Just for fun! I love that they are easy to change out and have a distressed look! Plus they can sit on a shelf or be hung on the wall. Love! Three We have been swimming like crazy and that equals all the things that go with swimming like a million towels and swim suits. My bathroom was a mess. I usually never wash my swim suits I just rinse them out and hang dry they last a lot longer doing it that way and so I had things hanging every where! So I ord

A nice little sweet spot

The sweet spot…. We seem to have hit one. I feel like we have not been in a sweet spot since the twins were about 6 months old. You know before they were mobile and can get into a ton of mischief. When kids are 0-6 months they still like to be held they eat mostly bottles and they mostly just stay in one spot. No issues, you can go places and even though you have to pack up your whole house to be prepared you can relax. And if you are in my family someone is always willing to hold or feed or change a baby. 7-months to 2.5 years old is what I refer to as the lost years. You have so many things you have to do for them they are not potty trained and they are mobile and get into EVERYTHING. Going outside is more work than its worth and with twins they scatter in opposite directions. Three on one is so hard handle in big open spaces. I would often find myself skipping outside time because the work was just too much for me. When the twins turned 3 and Grayson was 6 it felt like we had a

Home Schooling

Ah home schooling something that all of the country was thrown into. March 13 th was the last day that Grayson went to school and Charlotte and Marshalls last day was March 12 th . We got the call on March 15 th that school was closed for 2 weeks and that a pick up for at home materials would be on Tuesday. It was not required just suggested and so we loosely did school work. A worksheet here, spelling words here, some math problems ya know simple things. We truly believed that 2 weeks and they would be back in the classroom that is what the district presented as happening and so the distance learning was just to occupy time not to really learn anything new. Everything we were given was review.  Then we got the notification March 30 th we were closed again for another 2 weeks. Again, we were being loose with the learning because I was now working from home all but one day a week and had all three kids home and lets be honest it was a lot. Michael was still working 4-5 days a wee