Skip to main content

Friday Random

Sometimes it's nice to just write about what is going on.


So here it goes.......


I took Grayson to the store with me to grab a gift card. We can into Dollar General the store I have a love/hate relationship with. The isle's are so crowded and there are a million and one things for Grayson to grab. Needless to say he grabbed tic-tacs, a phone charger and certs all within the first 2 seconds of being there. Once I got him wrangled he asked for a "Dora ba-la-loon" (balloon) I agreed since he had gotten a super good report from school that day. And hey it was a dolla so why not. So we get the balloon, the gift card, and the cards I needed for father's day and head to checkout. Where he grabs to candy bars and laughs because he knows it's naughty. Anyway we get cashed out after lots of redirection and head to the car where he does not want to hold my hand in the parking lot because he wants to run! So I grab his arm and the whole time he is yelling "no mommy no touching my arm, mommy stop grabbing me" So I grab his shirt and he hates that even more. So we get to the car and I try to hold his hand while I open the door and what does my kid do? He. lays. down. Like in the parking lot lays down and so I step over him open the door pick him up and put him in the car.

My next stop is the post office and I only had 2 envelopes so I just put them in the drive thru drop off bin and we didn't go in. Well that resulted in the balloon being thrown and a 10 min crying session of him repeating " I wanna go to da post office mommy take me in der mommy puhleeeese" He calmed down when we saw a school bus but lordy be those 20 mins from the time we went into the store until the school bus just about did me in.


Some other random tantrum moments from the toddler in my life include

- crying because I was wearing a zip up hoodie
-crying because he wanted the box of donuts right next to him not in front of him
-crying for a donut even though he had one in his hand
-crying because I took his socks off to get in the bath tub and he wanted to wear them
-crying because he didn't put his bike away in the exact same spot


It has been an interesting few weeks with the temper tantrums coming out but we work through them. I'm trying to practice patience and just walk through it with him.


Michael and I are starting to plot our next date night. Not even to go out just to be able to eat dinner and watch a movie and sleep in. Not sure when it will happen but we are hoping sometime soon.

Our pool is out of control. The wind and rain have gotten it over filled and cloudy again. We have horrible cotton wood trees by our house so now I need to fish all of that our of the pool before we can swim.

I'm so behind on laundry. Like haven't touched it since we came back from our trip to Syracuse. Saturday is operation wash all the clothes and organize closets.

We have family pictures coming up in about a week and a half and I'm hoping to have our outfits finalized soon so that if we need anything I can get it before that day unlike last time where I waited until the day before.

I'm hoping for lots of outside time this weekend with my boy and playing in the sandbox and blowing bubbles.

So excited to celebrate our two dad's as well as the most amazing father Michael this weekend

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favorites

Love that it's Friday Love that its Friday and we have a beautiful weekend ahead of us! Linking up with Andrea today! One These PJ's. When we first got married (and even before I was married really) I used to wear cute PJ's to bed and then I started to wear not so cute PJ's to bed so I ordered some new ones and OMG girls get these now. So so soft so so comfy and under $20.00! Plus they have pockets!   Two While your shopping at Kohls throw some of these picture frames in your cart! Just for fun! I love that they are easy to change out and have a distressed look! Plus they can sit on a shelf or be hung on the wall. Love! Three We have been swimming like crazy and that equals all the things that go with swimming like a million towels and swim suits. My bathroom was a mess. I usually never wash my swim suits I just rinse them out and hang dry they last a lot longer doing it that way and so I had things hanging every where! So I ord

A nice little sweet spot

The sweet spot…. We seem to have hit one. I feel like we have not been in a sweet spot since the twins were about 6 months old. You know before they were mobile and can get into a ton of mischief. When kids are 0-6 months they still like to be held they eat mostly bottles and they mostly just stay in one spot. No issues, you can go places and even though you have to pack up your whole house to be prepared you can relax. And if you are in my family someone is always willing to hold or feed or change a baby. 7-months to 2.5 years old is what I refer to as the lost years. You have so many things you have to do for them they are not potty trained and they are mobile and get into EVERYTHING. Going outside is more work than its worth and with twins they scatter in opposite directions. Three on one is so hard handle in big open spaces. I would often find myself skipping outside time because the work was just too much for me. When the twins turned 3 and Grayson was 6 it felt like we had a

Home Schooling

Ah home schooling something that all of the country was thrown into. March 13 th was the last day that Grayson went to school and Charlotte and Marshalls last day was March 12 th . We got the call on March 15 th that school was closed for 2 weeks and that a pick up for at home materials would be on Tuesday. It was not required just suggested and so we loosely did school work. A worksheet here, spelling words here, some math problems ya know simple things. We truly believed that 2 weeks and they would be back in the classroom that is what the district presented as happening and so the distance learning was just to occupy time not to really learn anything new. Everything we were given was review.  Then we got the notification March 30 th we were closed again for another 2 weeks. Again, we were being loose with the learning because I was now working from home all but one day a week and had all three kids home and lets be honest it was a lot. Michael was still working 4-5 days a wee