Our weekend in 'Cuse

This weekend we headed to my husband old stomping grounds as a family for the first time and it was wonderful.

My husband left home and moved to Syracuse (about a 2.5 hour drive from where we grew up) at the young age of 17. He had no job, no place to live he just moved on a whim and stayed there for almost 10 years. 
He always says that Syracuse is where he cut his teeth and grew up. We have been back a few times since we got married but this was our first time going with Grayson and it was wonderful.

Michael got a call about 2 months ago from his boss asking him if he would represent the company in a driving competition out in Syracuse.All expenses paid. After thinking about it we jumped at the chance. They encourage families so tag along and so I roped my Dad into going with us so that when Michael was "working" I would have someone to explore with Grayson and I. 

We left Thursday after I got out of work. We pulled out of our driveway at 4:15. We stopped for dinner about an hour into the trip and that was a riot in and of itself. 

We made it to Syracuse around 7 and checked into our hotel and then loaded our 165464 bags into the hotel. Thankfully they had a crib reserved for our room and we didn't need to bring the pack n play. However we had no fridge. When I looked up the hotel on line it said there were fridges in the rooms. However Michael's company booked the room and we somehow got one without a fridge. When I called the front desk they were of course booked and no fridge room left. My dad's room however had a fridge so we kept everything in his room.

They also charged the almost $500.00 hotel bill to our debit card instead of the company credit card and today I'm still trying to get it sorted out.

We settled in, my Dad headed to his room and then we gave G a bath and called it a night we were all exhausted.

Friday morning Michael had to be at his first round of competition (an interview) at 7:30, so it was just me, dad and Grayson at breakfast. 

We went back to the room to relax for a little bit then headed downtown to the Erie Canal Museum. I was nervous on how Grayson would do walking through a museum but we was awesome and we were there until lunch time.

That is when we headed to Heid's Hot Dog House. This was featured on Man vs. Food and it was soo good. I had been there before but it was my Dad's first time and he loved it. 

We headed back to the hotel for nap. I relaxed watching tv on my phone and even got some shut eye myself. By 4 Michael was done for the day and we got ready for dinner at Kitty Hoynes. This restaurant was featured on Dinners Drive-Ins and Dives. This place is a must see! The atmosphere is crazy cool, our waitress was amazing and the food I still drool just thinking about it. 

We went back to the hotel around 7:30 and it was bath and bed again

The next day was the actual driving part of the competition and so after breakfast we headed to Long Branch Park to meet up with Michael and watch him compete. It was nothing like what I expected but Dad and I both got really into it. 

Michael competed and then we headed back to the hotel for nap time again. Michael made it back about 2 and we all slept. Then we got ready for dinner #1 at Tully's Good Times. This food is amazing. Michael knows the owner and so it's always nice to go back there. 

Then we got back to the hotel and Michael and I had to get ready for the banquet. 
They served dinner but not until 7:45 at night. This girl cannot eat that late so I had a small salad to be polite and split a giant piece of chocolate cake with Michael.

We stayed for most of the banquet but had to get back upstairs to put the nugget to bed.

The next morning Michael and Dad golfed early and then we headed home.

A few things:

1- This was Grayson's first long(ish) road trip and he did awesome in the car. I pulled the iPad out the last hour and all was well

2- He slept surprisingly well for being in the same room as us and in a smaller crib

3- He was so well behaved at the competition I got so many compliments on how well behaved he was!

4-Michael worked Friday and Saturday for about 8 hours each day. Saturday was an early morning with 1st call at 5:30.

5- We just love Syracuse!