Skip to main content

Thanksgiving Round 2

I had 4 glorious days off of work. I loved every second of it. My body needed it.


Wednesday I grabbed my nugget from school and we got our baby donuts since it was technically our Friday. Then we got home I packed him up really quick and we headed right to my parents house to drop him off for his sleepover. Since he was born my parents take him the night before Thanksgiving and Michael and I get to have a date night. Well this date night was different because we ordered food in (Ed's chicken fingers and fries and OMG yummmy!) and then watched a movie. It was nice my pregnancy body needed to just rest after the busy weekend we had. Plus I got to sleep uninterrupted. Heaven



Thursday we got up had cinnamon rolls, Michael went and got my paper for the BF ads and then we got to work on making Grayson's room into a big boy room. We moved out the crib and glider and then got to work on his bed. We ordered this one from ikea and this mattress from amazon. We had big plans to put the dresser together too but I couldn't help lift out his old changing table/dresser combo and so we plan to do that this week since my Dad came over today and they got it moved out. That is when I will do a full update. I love it and Grayson has been doing pretty good with sleeping in it. Once we got everything cleaned up I took a shower and a nap and we headed to my Aunt's house to see everyone and eat turkey. I was so happy to see Grayson I miss that nugget when he's not with us. Then we decided last minute to go BF shopping just not on Thanksgiving so my Dad offered to take Grayson on Friday and then my parents offered to just keep him overnight one more night so that he could sleep and not have to be up so early.


Friday I got up and ate breakfast and then got ready to go shopping. I dropped  everyone off at the mall while I went and had my remote start put in from the dealership and then we hit the stores hard. Once I got home I finished up on-line and I'm 95% done shopping! Yahoo! That night we relaxed and just watched a movie together on the couch



Saturday my Mom called and asked to take Grayson to the light parade workshop for kids that morning. He had a blast and I got laundry caught up and some more organizing done around the house. Grayson came home in time for nap and then I napped too. That night we watched Brave and I made pizza roll ups with crescent rolls they were delicious. Right after dinner Grayson started to get clingy didn't want to be put down and then about an hour later he felt super hot. I too his temp it was 100.4 and I gave him Tylenol and decided to skip the bath. He slept until about 2 when he called me in his bed saying he didn't feel good and needed me to snuggle him


Sunday he woke up burning up 101.6 and so more Tylenol and a day on the couch watching movies and eating Popsicles (he kept saying it hurt to swallow) and lots of ice water. He napped in our bed and then was super clingy all night the fever would come back when the Tylenol wore off. He slept horrible and developed the worst barking cough Sunday night. So we went to the doctors the next day and bam croup. The doctor said that since it was 2 days in that she didn't want to start a steroid and to just keep up with alternating Tylenol and Motrin.



So that is what we have been doing. And notice no pictures in the post? I opted to only use my phone for calls these past 4 days and it has been wonderful. And freeing and a nice break. I cuddled my boy a ton and just relaxed.

Now onto Christmas! Happy December 1st! Our elf Leo came back this morning with donuts and a present for Grayson.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favorites

Love that it's Friday Love that its Friday and we have a beautiful weekend ahead of us! Linking up with Andrea today! One These PJ's. When we first got married (and even before I was married really) I used to wear cute PJ's to bed and then I started to wear not so cute PJ's to bed so I ordered some new ones and OMG girls get these now. So so soft so so comfy and under $20.00! Plus they have pockets!   Two While your shopping at Kohls throw some of these picture frames in your cart! Just for fun! I love that they are easy to change out and have a distressed look! Plus they can sit on a shelf or be hung on the wall. Love! Three We have been swimming like crazy and that equals all the things that go with swimming like a million towels and swim suits. My bathroom was a mess. I usually never wash my swim suits I just rinse them out and hang dry they last a lot longer doing it that way and so I had things hanging every where! So I ord

A nice little sweet spot

The sweet spot…. We seem to have hit one. I feel like we have not been in a sweet spot since the twins were about 6 months old. You know before they were mobile and can get into a ton of mischief. When kids are 0-6 months they still like to be held they eat mostly bottles and they mostly just stay in one spot. No issues, you can go places and even though you have to pack up your whole house to be prepared you can relax. And if you are in my family someone is always willing to hold or feed or change a baby. 7-months to 2.5 years old is what I refer to as the lost years. You have so many things you have to do for them they are not potty trained and they are mobile and get into EVERYTHING. Going outside is more work than its worth and with twins they scatter in opposite directions. Three on one is so hard handle in big open spaces. I would often find myself skipping outside time because the work was just too much for me. When the twins turned 3 and Grayson was 6 it felt like we had a

Home Schooling

Ah home schooling something that all of the country was thrown into. March 13 th was the last day that Grayson went to school and Charlotte and Marshalls last day was March 12 th . We got the call on March 15 th that school was closed for 2 weeks and that a pick up for at home materials would be on Tuesday. It was not required just suggested and so we loosely did school work. A worksheet here, spelling words here, some math problems ya know simple things. We truly believed that 2 weeks and they would be back in the classroom that is what the district presented as happening and so the distance learning was just to occupy time not to really learn anything new. Everything we were given was review.  Then we got the notification March 30 th we were closed again for another 2 weeks. Again, we were being loose with the learning because I was now working from home all but one day a week and had all three kids home and lets be honest it was a lot. Michael was still working 4-5 days a wee