Skip to main content

All About My Big Boy

I feel like lately this has been all about pregnancy. I mean it consumes a ton of our time because there is a lot of prep work that goes into having twins but I don't want to overlook my boy. The one who made me Mama.



He's pretty amazing. He is so smart and funny and a lover. He has to give me a million kisses before bed and when he is not feeling good he has to have his Mommy.


We went on a little shopping trip just the two of us to get some small things from him for Daddy and he loved every second of it. He could not get enough of picking! things! out! for! my! Daddy! I soaked it up too because the magic in a child's eyes at this time of year is amazing. Plus his one request for a gift for daddy was a jingle bell! I panicked that we would not be able to find them but they had an ornament with a single jingle bell and it a snowman that said Dad. Perfect! He carried that ornament through the store so proud.



We went to the Rain Forrest Cafe and he loved it. He liked to look at the animals but did not want to get too close to any that moved. They had a mascot there and he was petrified. I said to my Mom that we are not in any hurry to go to Disney that kid would have a break down.



He is doing good at school. I see some bad habits he gets from there. Like hitting. Ah the 2 year old hit and throw something when they are mad is in full affect at our house. If he hits he goes in time out. If he throws a toy he gets the toy taken away. If he starts to throw a tantrum we walk away. He stops on his own and then comes back to reality where we don't throw ourselves on the ground because Mommy won't let us play with a sharpie.


Food is still a big issue. He eats a very small variety of foods and some days hardly has an appetite. The doctor just keeps telling me he will eat when he is hungry and so we offer and he goes to bed without eating some nights because he won't eat the Peanut butter sandwich I made him and he wants oreo's. It's a struggle for me but we are working through it.


He is such a boy when it comes to running around and imaginative play. Everything is climbing or jumping or building or knocking down. He plays all day long.Trucks, dinosaurs, pirates he is all about it. But this kid would for sure always rather be outside. We have had some nice 50 degree days here and so we have been getting out as much as we can. 


Bedtime is our other battle. About a month ago bedtime became an hour long struggle of just one more....kiss, hug, song, book, potty break, blanket, change my shirt, snuggle me one more min. You name it my kid stalls with it. Since being in the big boy bed Michael has taken over bed time and has shaved 20 mins off the hour long time but it is still a hasle. And just when you think your in your bed tucked in for the night BAM! that kid has to pee. I'm hoping this phase passes and fast because it's exhausting. He gets up usually around 3:30-4 to go to the bathroom and since I get up at 5 I just bring him into bed with me and that hour ish that I get to sleep all snuggled up with him I just love it.

He has started to read to us. He has a few books memorized because we read them so much that he can now read them to us.I love when he climbs up on my lap and says "I will read dis book to you mommy" Love it.


A few other cute things

When he asks for something like candy and we say no (because it's 8 in the morning) and I offer him muffins he will say "nefer mind I want nofing"

He tells us he loves us disss much and then puts his hands out as far as he can

He is starting to know feelings the other morning he told me that he was sad because he just wanted his daddy. And then he told me he was so happy going on an adventure to the store with me.

I really do just love this boy so much

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favorites

Love that it's Friday Love that its Friday and we have a beautiful weekend ahead of us! Linking up with Andrea today! One These PJ's. When we first got married (and even before I was married really) I used to wear cute PJ's to bed and then I started to wear not so cute PJ's to bed so I ordered some new ones and OMG girls get these now. So so soft so so comfy and under $20.00! Plus they have pockets!   Two While your shopping at Kohls throw some of these picture frames in your cart! Just for fun! I love that they are easy to change out and have a distressed look! Plus they can sit on a shelf or be hung on the wall. Love! Three We have been swimming like crazy and that equals all the things that go with swimming like a million towels and swim suits. My bathroom was a mess. I usually never wash my swim suits I just rinse them out and hang dry they last a lot longer doing it that way and so I had things hanging every where! So I ord

A nice little sweet spot

The sweet spot…. We seem to have hit one. I feel like we have not been in a sweet spot since the twins were about 6 months old. You know before they were mobile and can get into a ton of mischief. When kids are 0-6 months they still like to be held they eat mostly bottles and they mostly just stay in one spot. No issues, you can go places and even though you have to pack up your whole house to be prepared you can relax. And if you are in my family someone is always willing to hold or feed or change a baby. 7-months to 2.5 years old is what I refer to as the lost years. You have so many things you have to do for them they are not potty trained and they are mobile and get into EVERYTHING. Going outside is more work than its worth and with twins they scatter in opposite directions. Three on one is so hard handle in big open spaces. I would often find myself skipping outside time because the work was just too much for me. When the twins turned 3 and Grayson was 6 it felt like we had a

Home Schooling

Ah home schooling something that all of the country was thrown into. March 13 th was the last day that Grayson went to school and Charlotte and Marshalls last day was March 12 th . We got the call on March 15 th that school was closed for 2 weeks and that a pick up for at home materials would be on Tuesday. It was not required just suggested and so we loosely did school work. A worksheet here, spelling words here, some math problems ya know simple things. We truly believed that 2 weeks and they would be back in the classroom that is what the district presented as happening and so the distance learning was just to occupy time not to really learn anything new. Everything we were given was review.  Then we got the notification March 30 th we were closed again for another 2 weeks. Again, we were being loose with the learning because I was now working from home all but one day a week and had all three kids home and lets be honest it was a lot. Michael was still working 4-5 days a wee