Skip to main content

An update on Grayson-almost 2.5 years old

It feels odd to count in months once they turn 2 but he is officially 29 months and therefore teetering on the edge of being closer to 3 than 2 and my momma heart is all what? Didn't I just have him? HOW did this happen?


Anyway here it is the update on this little man that I love so much.


Grayson Michael,

Oh Bubba. I love you. At this point your my sidekick. We do everything together and I just love it. You are fiercely independent though and that makes it challenging sometimes. Like when I'm vacuuming and you just have to do "do it i self!" You try so hard and I'm glad that you are not afraid to ask for help. You love to clean and pick things up! You sing the clean up song all the time however you always say "mommy you hewp me keen up little bit?" I always help you because I can't resist your sweetness.

You have a sassy side and you tell us no more now than I would like.We have lots of redirection to do on this. Your eating is still the same you know what you like and what you don't like and you refuse anything that you don't want to try. That's fine buddy but you go without treats more than you would like because you didn't finish dinner.


You love all things trucks, cars, and tools. I find you multiple times a day "fixin da truck" in your little playroom. You put on shows for us with your guitar all the time and I love every second of it.

Your my little lover. You beg me to cuddle you in bed for "just a little bit" all the time. You say "mommy hold me" every night after your bath and when we sit on the couch you have to sit so close to me your pretty much on my lap. You must be touching me or daddy during your bedtime show. It's sweet and I relish those moments they make my heart so full of love.

Your bedtime routine has been touch and go and exhausting for daddy and I. You have been paci free for over a month and never even ask for it but going to bed is like torture. We have switched things up and are hoping that it helps you go to bed easier. We do early bath like 6:30-7 and then you get to watch a show (usually bubbly guppies or mickey mouse) while you have a snack and some milk,  just cut that out due to potty training you now get milk with dinner!Then it's upstairs for some reading and 2 songs before we put you to bed.

You love school and all the art projects and getting to go outside. They tell me you talk like crazy all the time and are such an old soul. However if I'm around you get shy and cling to me.


Your sense of humor is off the charts. You will make a funny noise and then wait for our reaction and if we laugh you laugh even louder. If we say something funny you respond with "silly mommy/daddy" It's sweet and cute. Also your a parrot. You repeat EVERYTHING! I say to you all the time when we talk about our plans for the day "sounds like a plan stan" and the other day we were talking about how you were going to come visit me at work and you said "oh-kaaay mommy sounds wike a pam stand" lol Love it!


You have been diaper free now for 2 days and that is huge! You decided (on you own time) that it was time for underwear! We have a potty chart and pull ups for night time but other than that you wear big boy underwear and tell us when you have to pee. I'm so proud of you. We have been seriously potty training for about 3 weeks and this past weekend you just decided to go full force. You love to pee in the potty and pick out your underwear. I'm not worried about the night time thing but when your not sleeping you are doing good. You went to school for the first time and had 2 accidents which is not bad considering you peed on the potty 4 times and woke up from nap dry.

We have been working on positive reinforcement. You you are such a good encourager to me and daddy telling us when we do something nice and so we know you are getting it. You tantrums have started so we just let you work those out on your own. You cried for a good 15 minuets the other day because I wouldn't let you color with a sharpie. You finally got over it and moved on but man that time was torture.

If we leave you in a room by yourself (like in the living room when we are in the kitchen cooking) you will yell "oh mommy where are you?" Until I peak my head around the corner and then you give me your crinkly nose smile.

Really though your such a blessing and we love that we get to spend our days with you! I'm so proud to be your Mommy!

I love you Grayson Michael

Love Mommy
My favorite crinkly nose smile

Muscles!

Singing Old McDonald had a farm


Helping your kangaroo color

He was showing me how to be a crocodile

Ahh my sweet sleeping boy





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favorites

Love that it's Friday Love that its Friday and we have a beautiful weekend ahead of us! Linking up with Andrea today! One These PJ's. When we first got married (and even before I was married really) I used to wear cute PJ's to bed and then I started to wear not so cute PJ's to bed so I ordered some new ones and OMG girls get these now. So so soft so so comfy and under $20.00! Plus they have pockets!   Two While your shopping at Kohls throw some of these picture frames in your cart! Just for fun! I love that they are easy to change out and have a distressed look! Plus they can sit on a shelf or be hung on the wall. Love! Three We have been swimming like crazy and that equals all the things that go with swimming like a million towels and swim suits. My bathroom was a mess. I usually never wash my swim suits I just rinse them out and hang dry they last a lot longer doing it that way and so I had things hanging every where! So I ord

A nice little sweet spot

The sweet spot…. We seem to have hit one. I feel like we have not been in a sweet spot since the twins were about 6 months old. You know before they were mobile and can get into a ton of mischief. When kids are 0-6 months they still like to be held they eat mostly bottles and they mostly just stay in one spot. No issues, you can go places and even though you have to pack up your whole house to be prepared you can relax. And if you are in my family someone is always willing to hold or feed or change a baby. 7-months to 2.5 years old is what I refer to as the lost years. You have so many things you have to do for them they are not potty trained and they are mobile and get into EVERYTHING. Going outside is more work than its worth and with twins they scatter in opposite directions. Three on one is so hard handle in big open spaces. I would often find myself skipping outside time because the work was just too much for me. When the twins turned 3 and Grayson was 6 it felt like we had a

Home Schooling

Ah home schooling something that all of the country was thrown into. March 13 th was the last day that Grayson went to school and Charlotte and Marshalls last day was March 12 th . We got the call on March 15 th that school was closed for 2 weeks and that a pick up for at home materials would be on Tuesday. It was not required just suggested and so we loosely did school work. A worksheet here, spelling words here, some math problems ya know simple things. We truly believed that 2 weeks and they would be back in the classroom that is what the district presented as happening and so the distance learning was just to occupy time not to really learn anything new. Everything we were given was review.  Then we got the notification March 30 th we were closed again for another 2 weeks. Again, we were being loose with the learning because I was now working from home all but one day a week and had all three kids home and lets be honest it was a lot. Michael was still working 4-5 days a wee