Skip to main content

Wrap it up I will take it!

If I could wrap my perfect weekend up in a bow and keep it forever it was this weekend!

Thursday I got out of work early and ran to the grocery store to grab a few things that we needed for the weekend. Then I snatched up my sweet baby boy and we headed home. It was such a nice feeling knowing I had FOUR days off. I did some spray painting for the shower and got a few other crafts crossed off my list. Then it was an early night for us because the next day was busy busy busy.

We got up and roasted potatoes for our salad and then got ready to head out. We spent the whole day at my parents house. We walked down to the craft show and left just before the parade started. It was close to nap time and the have a million fire trucks which in my opinion are way too loud for my nuggets little ears so we skipped that whole situation. Plus I have been going to the celebration in my home town since I was 7. I marched in the parade for 7 years. And the parade once you have watched it once it's the same every year so no big loss there. The rest of the fourth was pretty relaxed, we hung out at my mom's, ate food, played with the kids and then headed home before fireworks started. Grayson is a sound sleeper so we knew we had to get him asleep before they started and we would be golden.

The next day we got up and met Marie to scope out the room for the bridal shower that is coming up in less than 20 days!!!! We made a plan drew a diagram and finalized some details. I could write a whole post on how awful this experience has been trying to plan it with 6 people involved.  Ahhhhhh!!! Anyway. After we met Marie we hung out at home and just did a little picking up and again more spray painting for the shower. I have big plans people!!!


Sunday my saint of a Mother called and asked to have Grayson for the day. Who am I do deny her time with her grandson. I emptied out my living room and scrubbed it from top to bottom and cleaned the area rug. Then I did the dishes and cleaned my kitchen. After that I grabbed a cold beer and jumped in the pool. It was so refreshing. After that I spray painted more! Then we got pizza for dinner and waited for our Bubbie Lou to come home. After he went to bed we got ice cream and relaxed for the rest of the night.

Monday we woke up and I was devastated. It was black out, pouring rain and thundering out. It looked like our zoo day wouldn't happen. Then around 9 am the clouds opened and it was sunny out. We rushed around got showers and packed up and were out the door by 10:15. We made it to the zoo and it was pretty much empty. We went and checked out the baby rhinos, and all the animals. Grayson had a blast and pointed at everything. It was such a wonderful day. Then we got home did a little laundry and headed to Chris and Tracy's for out night out. I love Monday's to just catch up with them and spend quality time. My mom came and stayed with Grayson at our house so we could have a mini date night.


Now today I'm back at work. Boo! My baby goes to his first story hour today with Daddy and I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little jealous that he get to go with him while I'm at work. But their bond is amazing and I'm glad that Grayson gets to go to things like that.
This week  is more bridal shower prep and closet organization!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favorites

Love that it's Friday Love that its Friday and we have a beautiful weekend ahead of us! Linking up with Andrea today! One These PJ's. When we first got married (and even before I was married really) I used to wear cute PJ's to bed and then I started to wear not so cute PJ's to bed so I ordered some new ones and OMG girls get these now. So so soft so so comfy and under $20.00! Plus they have pockets!   Two While your shopping at Kohls throw some of these picture frames in your cart! Just for fun! I love that they are easy to change out and have a distressed look! Plus they can sit on a shelf or be hung on the wall. Love! Three We have been swimming like crazy and that equals all the things that go with swimming like a million towels and swim suits. My bathroom was a mess. I usually never wash my swim suits I just rinse them out and hang dry they last a lot longer doing it that way and so I had things hanging every where! So I ord

A nice little sweet spot

The sweet spot…. We seem to have hit one. I feel like we have not been in a sweet spot since the twins were about 6 months old. You know before they were mobile and can get into a ton of mischief. When kids are 0-6 months they still like to be held they eat mostly bottles and they mostly just stay in one spot. No issues, you can go places and even though you have to pack up your whole house to be prepared you can relax. And if you are in my family someone is always willing to hold or feed or change a baby. 7-months to 2.5 years old is what I refer to as the lost years. You have so many things you have to do for them they are not potty trained and they are mobile and get into EVERYTHING. Going outside is more work than its worth and with twins they scatter in opposite directions. Three on one is so hard handle in big open spaces. I would often find myself skipping outside time because the work was just too much for me. When the twins turned 3 and Grayson was 6 it felt like we had a

Home Schooling

Ah home schooling something that all of the country was thrown into. March 13 th was the last day that Grayson went to school and Charlotte and Marshalls last day was March 12 th . We got the call on March 15 th that school was closed for 2 weeks and that a pick up for at home materials would be on Tuesday. It was not required just suggested and so we loosely did school work. A worksheet here, spelling words here, some math problems ya know simple things. We truly believed that 2 weeks and they would be back in the classroom that is what the district presented as happening and so the distance learning was just to occupy time not to really learn anything new. Everything we were given was review.  Then we got the notification March 30 th we were closed again for another 2 weeks. Again, we were being loose with the learning because I was now working from home all but one day a week and had all three kids home and lets be honest it was a lot. Michael was still working 4-5 days a wee