Skip to main content

Our weekend

Friday night is take out night so after I grab my nugget love from daycare we went and grabbed food. On a side note  they just started ice cream Friday's at G's daycare and I feel like it's a true parent moment. I get to send in ice cream money!!! It's the simple things that make me happy.  So we grabbed food and headed home to just spend some good old fashioned family time together. We worked outside for a little bit and tried to coral G. He likes to be wherever he shouldn't be, like my flower beds, or climbing the lawn mower. After getting him nice and tired out and giving him a bath I put the monster to bed and we got ice cream. Our new Friday night ritual is to get ice cream and watch Leah Remini's show it's all relative. I love it she is so effing funny. It just cracks me up.


Saturday- Grayson woke up and felt a little warm. I took his temp and it was 100. So after breakfast I gave him some Motrin and then I saw it. The ugly teeth poking through. Poor kid is getting another 4 teeth. He was super cuddly and drooling like it was the only way into heaven. My Mom stopped over for a bit and visited on her way for a pedicure.  He went down for a nap but after an hour he just wanted to be held so I laid in our bed with him and we slept for another hour and a half.  It rained the rest of the night so we were in the house and hanging out as a family. I did some laundry, Michael did dishes and then the boys went upstairs to play guitar, or the clubhouse as they call it. Grayson has always gone upstairs to play guitar with Michael since he was about 2 months old. I went up to spy on them and they are just so cute. Grayson is in his pack and play and just yells and sings the whole time Michael plays it really is the cutest thing.



Sunday- Was another dreary day at our house. Grayson was still running a small temp. But since he was still eating and drinking (almost more than normal) I knew it was just the teeth. When Michael got home I went upstairs to put away G's laundry and pack away some clothes I knew don't fit anymore. I had to rearrange his whole closest and then I counted his shorts and laughed. In the sizes 12-18 months my son has 57 pairs of shorts. Now let me just say that I have maybe bought him 5 of those 57 pairs. I don't know if I have mentioned it before but my cousin (who is like my older sister we have always been close) has an 8 year old son. She never had anymore kids and so she saved all the clothes and when G was a boy gave me 5-50 gallon trash cans of clothes ranging from 12 month to size 6. Then my wonderful sister-in-law has been giving me all of Boo's hand we downs. My kid for real has a ton of clothes. Once I got that all organized and text my mother to not buy him anymore shorts I went through the closet of toys. G got a ton of toys for Christmas and his birthday and so packed a bunch of them away. I pulled out a few puzzles on and he loved them. I think I'm slowly going to start packing away some of the smaller babyish toys and bring out new stuff.

Over all it was a great fun relaxing weekend. This week is a whirlwind. I have a dress fitting for the bride on Thursday, Food shopping for the shower on Friday and a party that night and Saturday is the final shower prep with the shower on Sunday.

Happy Monday!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favorites

Love that it's Friday Love that its Friday and we have a beautiful weekend ahead of us! Linking up with Andrea today! One These PJ's. When we first got married (and even before I was married really) I used to wear cute PJ's to bed and then I started to wear not so cute PJ's to bed so I ordered some new ones and OMG girls get these now. So so soft so so comfy and under $20.00! Plus they have pockets!   Two While your shopping at Kohls throw some of these picture frames in your cart! Just for fun! I love that they are easy to change out and have a distressed look! Plus they can sit on a shelf or be hung on the wall. Love! Three We have been swimming like crazy and that equals all the things that go with swimming like a million towels and swim suits. My bathroom was a mess. I usually never wash my swim suits I just rinse them out and hang dry they last a lot longer doing it that way and so I had things hanging every where! So I ord

A nice little sweet spot

The sweet spot…. We seem to have hit one. I feel like we have not been in a sweet spot since the twins were about 6 months old. You know before they were mobile and can get into a ton of mischief. When kids are 0-6 months they still like to be held they eat mostly bottles and they mostly just stay in one spot. No issues, you can go places and even though you have to pack up your whole house to be prepared you can relax. And if you are in my family someone is always willing to hold or feed or change a baby. 7-months to 2.5 years old is what I refer to as the lost years. You have so many things you have to do for them they are not potty trained and they are mobile and get into EVERYTHING. Going outside is more work than its worth and with twins they scatter in opposite directions. Three on one is so hard handle in big open spaces. I would often find myself skipping outside time because the work was just too much for me. When the twins turned 3 and Grayson was 6 it felt like we had a

Home Schooling

Ah home schooling something that all of the country was thrown into. March 13 th was the last day that Grayson went to school and Charlotte and Marshalls last day was March 12 th . We got the call on March 15 th that school was closed for 2 weeks and that a pick up for at home materials would be on Tuesday. It was not required just suggested and so we loosely did school work. A worksheet here, spelling words here, some math problems ya know simple things. We truly believed that 2 weeks and they would be back in the classroom that is what the district presented as happening and so the distance learning was just to occupy time not to really learn anything new. Everything we were given was review.  Then we got the notification March 30 th we were closed again for another 2 weeks. Again, we were being loose with the learning because I was now working from home all but one day a week and had all three kids home and lets be honest it was a lot. Michael was still working 4-5 days a wee