Skip to main content

Grayson-16 Months


I have not officially done an update on my nugget love thunder thighs since 12 months and since he is 16 months!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I figured now was the time to jot some things down so that I don't forget.

As always his updates are in letter form to him so that one day (hahahah probably more like never day) I can print them out for him to have.


Dear Bubbie Lou,

Wow have you changed in four months!!!! I mean it feels like yesterday we were gearing up for your first birthday and now you are inching closer to being two than one. Time defiantly speeds up when you have a small baby.

You have mastered walking. You actually climbed first. You mastered those stairs in a day and the next day we had a gate waiting at our house to be installed. Now you know to wait for Momma or Daddy to go up the stairs. You walk everywhere and fast! I love seeing those little thunder thighs running around the house. It makes Momma's heart so so happy.

You had an awful bug bite get infected but you took it like a champ and in true Grayson form you got croup 4 days later. We chose to go the natural route and you beat it in a few days without any medicine. You are getting so tall and lean but still have fat thighs and a belly and I just love it.

You have officially moved up the Waddler room at daycare you seem to be doing so good there. I don't know if it because of daycare or not but your really good at independent play. We have a train table at home and you will put together your wooden trains and move them around for the longest time. Your other favorite game right now is bringing me every.single.toy. from your toy box. Your so proud that you got it and could carry it over to me and then you run back for another one.

Your eating? Well that is something that I have let go. You no longer eat baby food, but you don't eat a huge variety at home. Yes just a home. Because at daycare you eat everything they give you! Meatballs, hot dogs, waffles, eggs. At home you will eat pasta, peanut butter sandwiches, cereal, muffins, yogurt, fruit, pretzels, cookies, chips, ice cream, peas. I'm sure I'm forgetting a few things but it's pretty limited compared to the glowing reports we get from daycare about you being a rock star eater.


You are such a sweet boy too.You hug and kiss Mommy and Daddy all the time. You think it's funny to act shy when we ask for a kiss but you always give us one .25 seconds later. You love books and to have us read to you. We ready every book we have at least 3 times a day.

You have just started saying Mama and Dada and Papa. Your Gigi is a little miffed because you are the only grandchild that has said Papa first. It melts my heart when you stand at my legs and say Mama. I love it. The other day your Daddy walked in the room and you can up to him saying Dadadada. It made his day and mine that bond is just so amazing.

Your sleeping is touch and go. You sleep through the night for the most part but are always up at 5 we bring you in our bed at that time and you snuggle and fall back asleep. I love those few hours or minuets of sleep with you it's amazing to watch you sleep. You have master scowling which I think is hilarious and you laugh at when other people laugh.

You are strong willed baby boy. You know what you want and when you want it. I already see your independence starting and so I let you move at your own pace and try on your own. Your so smart and observant. We had to put the child lock on the stair gate because you figured out how to open it. You also reach for every door handle to try and get outside. Thankfully you can't reach them yet but I see more childproofing in our very near future.

You love to be outside it's your favorite. You have a tool bench, water table ,and golf set outside and you could play for hours out there. In fact many a nights there have been tantrums about coming in side. You love the pool but only if someone is holding you which I'm hoping you get over by next summer if not swim lessons here we come!

Bottom line my sweet boy we are crazy about you. Your little personality is shining through and it's amazing. I'm so proud to me your Mama and watch you grow and be able to kiss you a million times everyday.
I love you!
Love, Mama


More snack please!

Crazy hair don't care

Rocking out on his guitar

He stole the remote and thought it was hilarious

Sweet sleeping boy

Carrying around the tongue depressor from the doctors office

Already obsessed with part magazines I blame it on your father



Silly boy in his red blanket


Straw drinking like a boss


Baby burrito


Laying on Dada's lap while watching TV your favorite place to be


Walking into story time like a big boy

At story time with Daddy

You want some food?

Just being a goofy little boy!




This is your serious face you were serious about wearing only your diaper and shoes and standing on the couch.












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favorites

Love that it's Friday Love that its Friday and we have a beautiful weekend ahead of us! Linking up with Andrea today! One These PJ's. When we first got married (and even before I was married really) I used to wear cute PJ's to bed and then I started to wear not so cute PJ's to bed so I ordered some new ones and OMG girls get these now. So so soft so so comfy and under $20.00! Plus they have pockets!   Two While your shopping at Kohls throw some of these picture frames in your cart! Just for fun! I love that they are easy to change out and have a distressed look! Plus they can sit on a shelf or be hung on the wall. Love! Three We have been swimming like crazy and that equals all the things that go with swimming like a million towels and swim suits. My bathroom was a mess. I usually never wash my swim suits I just rinse them out and hang dry they last a lot longer doing it that way and so I had things hanging every where! So I ord

A nice little sweet spot

The sweet spot…. We seem to have hit one. I feel like we have not been in a sweet spot since the twins were about 6 months old. You know before they were mobile and can get into a ton of mischief. When kids are 0-6 months they still like to be held they eat mostly bottles and they mostly just stay in one spot. No issues, you can go places and even though you have to pack up your whole house to be prepared you can relax. And if you are in my family someone is always willing to hold or feed or change a baby. 7-months to 2.5 years old is what I refer to as the lost years. You have so many things you have to do for them they are not potty trained and they are mobile and get into EVERYTHING. Going outside is more work than its worth and with twins they scatter in opposite directions. Three on one is so hard handle in big open spaces. I would often find myself skipping outside time because the work was just too much for me. When the twins turned 3 and Grayson was 6 it felt like we had a

Home Schooling

Ah home schooling something that all of the country was thrown into. March 13 th was the last day that Grayson went to school and Charlotte and Marshalls last day was March 12 th . We got the call on March 15 th that school was closed for 2 weeks and that a pick up for at home materials would be on Tuesday. It was not required just suggested and so we loosely did school work. A worksheet here, spelling words here, some math problems ya know simple things. We truly believed that 2 weeks and they would be back in the classroom that is what the district presented as happening and so the distance learning was just to occupy time not to really learn anything new. Everything we were given was review.  Then we got the notification March 30 th we were closed again for another 2 weeks. Again, we were being loose with the learning because I was now working from home all but one day a week and had all three kids home and lets be honest it was a lot. Michael was still working 4-5 days a wee