Skip to main content

My hamster wheel

I live on a hamster wheel. I mean that in the best most loving way ever. Really I do. I love my babies so hard but because of them I live on a hamster wheel.


Going back to work has been a little bit more of a transition than I thought. It's just once I get home and we eat dinner and get ready for the next day and feed the babies and do baths and then feed the babies again and then get everyone into bed I'm sitting down for the first time at around 9 at night. Exhausted. But I need time to unwind so I stay up for at least another half an hour watching a mindless show so that I can just shut my brain off from my never ending to do list.

One thing twins has taught me, and really having 3 kids 3 and under has taught me is that I can't do it all. I have learned to say no, and to let the little things go.

I suck at pictures but here is our typical work day routine (when Michael is also working)

4:45 my alarm goes off, I check on the babies over the monitor and see they are moving but not crying so I rush around to get dressed ( I try to lay my clothes out the night before) and start my hair/make up. I shower the night before so that's off my plate.

5:15 I feed whoever is more awake, usually Marshall, once he is done I put him in the swing or boppy and grab Charlotte. Diaper changes and feeding happens now. They eat around 4-5.5 ounces this bottle.

6:00 My mom gets to my house and takes over the babies while I go get Grayson up. We snuggle for a second and then head downstairs.

6:10 I work on getting him dressed, making my coffee, brushing his teeth and putting my lunch in my lunch bag.

6:25 we are headed out the door after kissing the babies a hundred times goodbye, and Grayson usually lets me give them once kiss too. He always says "See you later Marshy Moo Moo I will miss you so much today, Oh don't worry Char Char I will miss you too!" It melts my heart every time.

6:30 We are pulling out of the driveway and headed to drop him off at school. We talk to Michael now most days but if he can't talk then we listen to music.

6:55 drop off Grayson and head to work.

7:00 I'm at work boot up my computer and hunker down for the day.

3:35 I'm at school picking up Grayson and heading home.

4:10 We are home! I kiss Michael and the babies and then Grayson and I usually head outside to swim, it has been in the 90's here for the last 2 weeks so we get a quick swim in.I always offer for Michael to go in and sometimes he will and I will sit with the twins.

4:50 We are back in the house and Michael is starting dinner. We try to do quick dinners and we do a crock pot meal at least once a week.

5:15 We eat usually while jiggling a baby because 5 starts witching hour.

6:00 The babies eat and then usually grab a cat nap.

6:30 Michael will clean up dinner, make lunches, and get everything ready for the next day as well as grab PJ's for all the kids.

7:00 Grayson's bath time. We alternate the babies giving them baths every other night and usually do this around now too. We also alternate who gives baths/who takes Grayson to bed. Most nights though Michael gives bath I do bed time only so he can get to bed earlier if the babies go to sleep fast.

7:30 ish the babies get another bottle and are usually asleep between 8 and 8:30. Michael heads up once they are feed and at least one of them is asleep upstairs.

8:30 I snuggle with Grayson and then we head up to bed and read two books, sing one song, he tells me one story and then we snuggle for one more minute and I head out. On a good night this takes 15 mins and I don't have to go back in but most nights I'm in his room at least one more time because he's hot/cold/scared/sniffly/needs to wash his hands and any other crazy excuse he has to extend bed time.

9:00 I finally have sometime to get the things I need around for the next day I pick out my clothes see if I can go one more day without washing my hair and shower. Then I watch about 20 mins of a show on Netflix and then go to bed

I'm usually upstairs in bed and asleep around 10 and then we start it all over again the next day!

Now are you wondering how the house gets cleaned and my laundry gets done? My mom watches the babies 3 days a week and well she does it all. Not because we ask her too, actually we tell her not too, but she does it anyway so that when we get home we can devote our time to our kids. When I came home from work the first day and she had done the laundry all 5 loads of it I cried. I don't know what I'm going to do when she is back at work and the babies are at daycare, but I feel so incredibly blessed for all the she is doing for us. She keeps telling me that she has it easy because Grayson is at school so when the babies are sleeping she really does have the free time to scrub the bathroom and mop the floors, where as when I'm home on the weekends and when Michael is off we have Grayson with us so when the babies are sleeping we get to give him one on one time. She is one amazing women.

So that's our days for now. I'm know in a few weeks it will change when the babies start eating cereal, and then when they start daycare. We will be going through another adjustment period, and I'm sure then it will get even crazier.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favorites

Love that it's Friday Love that its Friday and we have a beautiful weekend ahead of us! Linking up with Andrea today! One These PJ's. When we first got married (and even before I was married really) I used to wear cute PJ's to bed and then I started to wear not so cute PJ's to bed so I ordered some new ones and OMG girls get these now. So so soft so so comfy and under $20.00! Plus they have pockets!   Two While your shopping at Kohls throw some of these picture frames in your cart! Just for fun! I love that they are easy to change out and have a distressed look! Plus they can sit on a shelf or be hung on the wall. Love! Three We have been swimming like crazy and that equals all the things that go with swimming like a million towels and swim suits. My bathroom was a mess. I usually never wash my swim suits I just rinse them out and hang dry they last a lot longer doing it that way and so I had things hanging every where! So I ord

A nice little sweet spot

The sweet spot…. We seem to have hit one. I feel like we have not been in a sweet spot since the twins were about 6 months old. You know before they were mobile and can get into a ton of mischief. When kids are 0-6 months they still like to be held they eat mostly bottles and they mostly just stay in one spot. No issues, you can go places and even though you have to pack up your whole house to be prepared you can relax. And if you are in my family someone is always willing to hold or feed or change a baby. 7-months to 2.5 years old is what I refer to as the lost years. You have so many things you have to do for them they are not potty trained and they are mobile and get into EVERYTHING. Going outside is more work than its worth and with twins they scatter in opposite directions. Three on one is so hard handle in big open spaces. I would often find myself skipping outside time because the work was just too much for me. When the twins turned 3 and Grayson was 6 it felt like we had a

Home Schooling

Ah home schooling something that all of the country was thrown into. March 13 th was the last day that Grayson went to school and Charlotte and Marshalls last day was March 12 th . We got the call on March 15 th that school was closed for 2 weeks and that a pick up for at home materials would be on Tuesday. It was not required just suggested and so we loosely did school work. A worksheet here, spelling words here, some math problems ya know simple things. We truly believed that 2 weeks and they would be back in the classroom that is what the district presented as happening and so the distance learning was just to occupy time not to really learn anything new. Everything we were given was review.  Then we got the notification March 30 th we were closed again for another 2 weeks. Again, we were being loose with the learning because I was now working from home all but one day a week and had all three kids home and lets be honest it was a lot. Michael was still working 4-5 days a wee