Skip to main content

I'm SUPER MOM


I really am.

No I didn't make any crafts today, or make some 3 course meal. But I did many things that give me SUPER MOM status.

Let's start from the beginning of my day.

5:45 am I got my threenager up and dressed in time for my sister to pick him up for school. We had no tears or time outs so that gives me my status right off the bat. I could have stopped there but I didn't.


I made a cup of coffee and fed my 5 week old twins. They both burped without spitting up and then they went back to sleep. All the praise hands out there because yay!!! I drank my coffee warm. Again SUPER MOM!!!


I talked to my husband on one of his breaks and got to give him undivided attention. Okay this one is SUPER WIFE status but I'm counting it.

I fed the babies again and got them dressed in outfits... SUPER MOM.

Then I did 2 loads of laundry, I pulled out all of Grayson's summer clothes and organized the twins clothes ( I already had to pack up newborn clothes how is that possible already?)

I made a second cup of coffee.

I washed all 16 bottles (and that is just one days worth because #twinlife)

I fed babies again and then realized my coffee was cold but wait I'm still SUPER MOM because I just dumped it over ice and pretended I got to get out of the house and get a fancy iced coffee.

I refilled our k-cups, put away all the clean bibs and burp cloths, put away diapers. Packed the diaper bag for tomorrow.

When Grayson got home I made him a smoothie for dinner with spinach in it and he ate it!!!!

I gave all 3 kids baths.

I made Michael lunch.

I made a list of all the errands I need to get done tomorrow and a list of questions I have for the doctor about the twins.

I went to bed before midnight.

Sure this seems like an average day, but I did it all. I survived, I didn't lose my mind and that makes me SUPER MOM.


Everyday I do things that help my family. Nope we are not all Pintrest crafty over here. My bathroom sink has toothpaste all over it. I still have 4 loads of laundry that need to get done. My sons toy room looks like it exploded. And if I really focused on all those things I would feel like a mom failure. However, in this stage in my life, in this moment in time I need to focus on what I did do.

I'm Katlin and I'm a SUPER MOM.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Four Things right now

Four things about all of us right now... Grayson One- This boy has finally found his groove in 1st grade. Kinder to 1st was a big adjustment but he's doing well now. And he is a spelling champ! He does sooooo good on his spelling tests! Two- Hockey is life for this kid. He skates twice a week (once doing a hockey specific clinic and once doing family skate see below) His skills are really growing Three- He loves reading and so we are riding that wave all the way. Four- He has to wear his glasses full time now. What started out as hey wear these when you watch TV that is farther away or when you sit farther from the board has turned into needing them full time. Our school has a local organization that comes in and does eye assessments for free for the elementary schools and they sent home a letter saying get him to the eye doctor he needs glasses (well that was the jist of it) and we since we already had glasses from his eye doctor he just started with tho...

A nice little sweet spot

The sweet spot…. We seem to have hit one. I feel like we have not been in a sweet spot since the twins were about 6 months old. You know before they were mobile and can get into a ton of mischief. When kids are 0-6 months they still like to be held they eat mostly bottles and they mostly just stay in one spot. No issues, you can go places and even though you have to pack up your whole house to be prepared you can relax. And if you are in my family someone is always willing to hold or feed or change a baby. 7-months to 2.5 years old is what I refer to as the lost years. You have so many things you have to do for them they are not potty trained and they are mobile and get into EVERYTHING. Going outside is more work than its worth and with twins they scatter in opposite directions. Three on one is so hard handle in big open spaces. I would often find myself skipping outside time because the work was just too much for me. When the twins turned 3 and Grayson was 6 it felt like we had a ...

Conferences, Grocery Pick up and trying to get out the door

I had grand plans to document our day on Friday. I was going for an every hour sort of thing and then after the 3rd hour lost track I will shoot for next Friday though we will see I'm off on Friday's ( all the happy faces for a 4 day work week and the $$$ saved on daycare ) It was our February break from school so Grayson is home too. I get up at 6:15 on Fridays which is sleeping for me because during the week I'm up at 5 and I head downstairs to do a workout. I'm in a funk right now with that stuff but I still move my body. Today I did a 10 min arm video and 10 min lower body video. I stretch for a few mins and I'm done just in time for Grayson to come wandering down the stairs. I chug some water. Check in with Michael and head upstairs to get Marshall and Charlotte from their beds. They both woke up dry (we are in the throws of potty training and are still in pull ups at night for now) They charge downstairs yelling that they have to pee and demanding...