A quick update

So my sweet babies are almost three weeks old (on Thursday) now and seriously why does it go so fast once the babies are here? My last few weeks of pregnancy were like pure torture and felt like they took forever and now that my babies are here it is going at warp speed.

Michael took two weeks of with me so that made last Thursday his first day back at work, leaving me at home with Charlotte and Marshall all by myself. Thankfully we decided to keep Grayson on his schedule of school and my parents are still picking him up and taking him for me so that I don't have to lug out all 3 kids (yet). I just have to get Grayson man dressed and ready to go out the door. The first day that he woke up and Daddy wasn't home was hard on him but thankfully now he is warming up to me again and we have been doing good. I try not to take it too personally seeing as how I was on bed rest for almost 4 weeks and he depended on Michael so much. He has no started going with me alone grocery shopping and let's me take him to bath now. I just love him so much and he is still the sweetest boy there ever was.

The feeding of two babies by yourself is tricky. Both babies take formula and are eating about 4 ounces every 3.5 to 4 hours. They still sleep a ton and so I feed one baby change them and get them back to sleep then do it all a second time. If they are good eaters that day (sometimes they can be slooooow) I can get them both changed and feed in an hour. I have still just been resting when they rest because out of 6 ish feedings a day I do 5 of them myself because of Michael now being back at work so that has been an adjustment.

I had my first weekend alone with all 3 kids. And let me just say it was intersting. We are still in the phase of the babies sleeping a ton and so Grayson and I fell into a pretty good routine of him sitting on my lap while I fed a baby and he played with one of his lego creations. It hasn't been perfect but it's a work in progress. I'm just super thankful that my biggest boy loves to help around the house so when I'm cleaning the 1454465 bottles that we used that day (because no we don't have a dishwasher) he pulls up a chair and helps wash them. Plus he still loves folding laudry.

Overall I feel like we are adjusting as best we can. When I do work on the computer (like pay bills and catch up on e-mails) Grayson comes in and plays by me so that's some one on one time. When Michael goes out to do yard work I stay in with the babies while him and Grayson go out. Some days are harder than others, but we are thankful everyday that we have been blessed with these 3 babies.

The twins as of last Wednesday are back up or exceeding their birth weight. Charlotte was right at it coming in at 6 pounds 12 ounces and Marshall was exceeding it at 6 pounds 12.5 ounces (birth weight 6 pounds 9 ounces). We are so thankfull for that because taking two infants to the doctors every 3 days for weight checks is a ton of work!  They go back for a one month check at the end of this month and Marshall has to go for an ultrasound of his hips this week. He was breech for more than half of my pregnancy so as a precaution our pediatrictian likes to have an ultrasound done before one month to make sure everything is okay.

Other than that we are just surviving and loving on all our babies.

I have a few posts I'm working on including my first Mother's Day to a mom of three kids and our favorite baby items for twins. Plus all about my second c-section and how it has been very different from my first.

Happy Tuesday!