Skip to main content

Weekend Re-cap

I didn't leave the house this weekend! And I kind of loved it. 

Friday- I went grocery shopping super quick by myself. Now normally I take Grayson with me but let's be real it takes twice as long with a 3.5 year old and I needed it to be quick this week so away I went by myself and I made it in and out in 25 mins! All the praise hands because Wal-Mart on a Friday afternoon of a Holiday weekend is nothing short of crazy. Once I was done there I scooped up Grayson then went and picked up Libby and B. I loaded up all the kids and then took them to my sisters work so they could go to Beggars night in the town that she works in. I grabbed food on the way home and then crashed. Grayson spent the night at my mom's house with is cousins so I went to bed at 8! It was awesome


Saturday
I waited for the guy to come look at our roof. A few weeks ago we had a bad rainstorm and our ceiling started the smallest leak. So I was prepared for him to say we needed a new roof well after he checked it our he said nope just a section of flashing/tar that needed to be replaced and he could do it the next day for $50.00. SOLD! That was a huge releif!
It was just me and the babies until about 10 when my mom brought the kids over. The boys played Libby loved on the babies and I talked my mom into doing a huge favor for me! I needed a few things from BJ's (our local verisou of Sam's Club) and that is a little challenge with 3 kiddos now so since she needed stuff too she agreed to pick up my items too! Yahoo! I made spagehtti pie for dinner and we made the kiddos laugh while Grayson played with his light sabre
Charoltte decided to boycott sleeping throught the night and I was up with ther from 11:30 until 2:00 and then Marshall woke up at 5:15.

Sunday
After my few hours of broken sleep I brewed a cup of coffee (and then another and another). I needed it bad.  On Friday Marshall started having a bad case of the runs and develeoped an awful dipaper rash I was putting on tons of Aquaphor on him and nothing was helping because he would just not stop going to the bathroom! I think it was a combo of the shots he got on Tuesday and all the mucus he has going on. Well Satruday night it got really bad (like it looked like a sun burn with blisters bad) and we called our nurse hotline and they said to stop using wipes and to give him a bath at every diaper change. So that was how I spend Sunday. Rinsing his butt off then giving him a bath. Then loading him up with Aquaphor and lavender. I'm happy to say it is almost gone and he has stopped with runs so that is a blessing. Rinsing off a poopy butt is not the easiest to do with a wiggly infant.


My sister came over to visit. We went over a few things about oils for her and one of her friends that's having a baby. She helped with the lunchtime/naptime stuff and then she headed home and Grayson and I ate lunch and watched football (ugh the Bills) and I slept for all of 20 mins on the couch.
We spent the rest of the night watching Star Wars and getting ready for Halloween!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favorites

Love that it's Friday Love that its Friday and we have a beautiful weekend ahead of us! Linking up with Andrea today! One These PJ's. When we first got married (and even before I was married really) I used to wear cute PJ's to bed and then I started to wear not so cute PJ's to bed so I ordered some new ones and OMG girls get these now. So so soft so so comfy and under $20.00! Plus they have pockets!   Two While your shopping at Kohls throw some of these picture frames in your cart! Just for fun! I love that they are easy to change out and have a distressed look! Plus they can sit on a shelf or be hung on the wall. Love! Three We have been swimming like crazy and that equals all the things that go with swimming like a million towels and swim suits. My bathroom was a mess. I usually never wash my swim suits I just rinse them out and hang dry they last a lot longer doing it that way and so I had things hanging every where! So I ord

A nice little sweet spot

The sweet spot…. We seem to have hit one. I feel like we have not been in a sweet spot since the twins were about 6 months old. You know before they were mobile and can get into a ton of mischief. When kids are 0-6 months they still like to be held they eat mostly bottles and they mostly just stay in one spot. No issues, you can go places and even though you have to pack up your whole house to be prepared you can relax. And if you are in my family someone is always willing to hold or feed or change a baby. 7-months to 2.5 years old is what I refer to as the lost years. You have so many things you have to do for them they are not potty trained and they are mobile and get into EVERYTHING. Going outside is more work than its worth and with twins they scatter in opposite directions. Three on one is so hard handle in big open spaces. I would often find myself skipping outside time because the work was just too much for me. When the twins turned 3 and Grayson was 6 it felt like we had a

Home Schooling

Ah home schooling something that all of the country was thrown into. March 13 th was the last day that Grayson went to school and Charlotte and Marshalls last day was March 12 th . We got the call on March 15 th that school was closed for 2 weeks and that a pick up for at home materials would be on Tuesday. It was not required just suggested and so we loosely did school work. A worksheet here, spelling words here, some math problems ya know simple things. We truly believed that 2 weeks and they would be back in the classroom that is what the district presented as happening and so the distance learning was just to occupy time not to really learn anything new. Everything we were given was review.  Then we got the notification March 30 th we were closed again for another 2 weeks. Again, we were being loose with the learning because I was now working from home all but one day a week and had all three kids home and lets be honest it was a lot. Michael was still working 4-5 days a wee