Skip to main content

Surviving

Let me dust this sucker off today.

I don't mean to not write.

In fact I do write. I have so much I want to share and say. I want to keep up on the twins milestones (that seem to happen every day) and Graysons cute things he does. But I get halfway through and then get distracted and then bam I'm way off track.


I guess I'm in the season of survival.

At least that is what it feels like.


My day starts early.
4:15. I do hit the snooze once and roll out of bed no later than 4:30.

I have my clothes laid out so that helps and I'm downstairs to get everything around.

I make my coffee, finish up lunches, do my hair and make up (which spoiler alert is a pony tail and a quick swipe of mascara!) I check and make sure bags are all around and then I feed Riley.


5:30. I start getting the kids up (if they aren't already) Grayson takes a while to wake up so I get him up first bring him down on the couch and cover him up with a blanket. I grab one of the babies usually Sissy and get her dressed then put her on the rug with a giant pile of toys. I yell to Grayson as I go up the stairs that he's next after Marshall. As I'm getting Marshall dressed he emerges from the covers and starts playing with Sissy. I make my smoothie and his chocolate milk (another spoiler it's carnation instant breakfast)

6:00 I get Grayson into the bathroom he gets dressed and brushes his teeth. Then we start the coat wrestling. Marshall just recently out grew the infant car seat so he is now in one that stays strapped in the car so I now get Charlotte in her coat in her car seat then Grayson dressed then I load up the car then I come in get Marshall in his coat and hat. Take him and Grayson out to the car get them strapped in then I come back in and get Charlotte and lock everything up.

6:25- On the road to daycare. I'm sweating. We call Michael and chat about our days. Grayson yells to him from that back seat. "I love you daddy how are you doing at work?"

6:50- We pull into daycare and now my second dance starts. I get Charlotte, Grayson and all the bags into the little entry way of the school. Then I go back and get Marshall out of his carseat. I check all 3 kids in and then I hold doors open with my foot and try not to drop a bag or a kid. I set the babies down hug and kiss Grayson and he is off to play.I get the babies into their classroom and peal off the coats. Marshall has usually pooped by then and so Miss Jenny gets to deal with that first thing in the morning. I kiss the babies good bye and head to my car.

Thankfully I work 30 seconds down the road and my boss gives me a 5 min grace. But most of the time I walk in at 6:59.

I work from 7:00-3:30.

I usually run an errand or two when I get out. I feel like I always have something to do.

3:45-4:00 I wrangle my kids from daycare. This a torture because there are a million babies screaming (usually only 2 but still) and someone else comes to pick up their baby while I'm trying to get mine strapped in and well I take up a ton of space. So it's just hectic.

4:20 we are driving home. We call Michael ask if he needs a coffee swing through the drive thru grabbing baby dounuts too because well we are already there.

5:00 We finally get home. We unload and then Michael has dinner waiting or almost finished. I unpack bags super quick and then we eat.

5:30 We gear up for power hour as we call it. I wash bottles from the day and then depending on the day make them up for the next day (we have to send pre made bottles to day care) I grab jammies, fill up diffusers in the bed rooms, get all the nighttime rollers around.

6:00 It starts. We feed Marshall and Charlotte they get a baby food meal (like vegetable beef or chicken and apple) oatmeal and then it's tubby time. Michael takes Charlotte in while I clean up from their dinner and then he brings her out. I get her dressed and oiled up while he bathes Marshall. He bring out Marshall and grabs Grayson. On school nights Grayson takes a shower (because we need every second we can get and his baths last upwards of an hour with a few water refills) He get Grayson in jammies while I finish up Marshall. Then we feed the babies their bottle and put them to bed.

7:00- I work out for 20 ish mins upstairs while Michael showers and packs his lunch.

7:30- I shower and then I get Grayson's lunch around and get clothes out for us all for the next day.Sometimes (time permitting) I fold a load of laundry.

8:00 We both take Grayson up to bed. Read a book as a family and then on nights Michael has to work I snuggle Grayson for a little bit and Michael heads to bed. On days he is off Michael will put him to bed so I can have few minutes to relax.

8:45 I head to bed. I check my e-mails. Scroll facebook and watch an episode of the office.

9:30 I'm asleep. And on a good night I sleep through. However last night I was up once with Charlotte and once with Grayson (sweet boy chugged water from the tap without us seeing him before bed so he needed to go! Ha!)


I'm in the season of surviving. I get up at 4:30 ish and I go go go until I crawl into bed at 8:45.

The babies are mobile now. Often times I walk in a room and just Marshall's head is poking out from under the entertainment system. I have Christmas presents all over our dining room table so we have been eating in the living room on tray tables for the last week or so. Grayson probably watches his iPad way too much and the babies sometimes eat more snot than I care to admit.

It's in theses hectic crazy days that I'm thankful for my partner. We work well as a team. Sure we snip at each other and there are days that he just drives me batty. But push comes to shove and he fights through this crazy with me, by my side holding my hand and comforting me when I'm having a bad day.

One day I will miss this. Well maybe I won't miss the poop diapers or the spilled milk on my floors because he wanted to see what shape it would make. But I will miss the snuggles as they drift off to sleep. The "I love you mommy your beautiful" and the way the smell.

So here is to surviving. One day at a time.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favorites

Love that it's Friday Love that its Friday and we have a beautiful weekend ahead of us! Linking up with Andrea today! One These PJ's. When we first got married (and even before I was married really) I used to wear cute PJ's to bed and then I started to wear not so cute PJ's to bed so I ordered some new ones and OMG girls get these now. So so soft so so comfy and under $20.00! Plus they have pockets!   Two While your shopping at Kohls throw some of these picture frames in your cart! Just for fun! I love that they are easy to change out and have a distressed look! Plus they can sit on a shelf or be hung on the wall. Love! Three We have been swimming like crazy and that equals all the things that go with swimming like a million towels and swim suits. My bathroom was a mess. I usually never wash my swim suits I just rinse them out and hang dry they last a lot longer doing it that way and so I had things hanging every where! So I ord

A nice little sweet spot

The sweet spot…. We seem to have hit one. I feel like we have not been in a sweet spot since the twins were about 6 months old. You know before they were mobile and can get into a ton of mischief. When kids are 0-6 months they still like to be held they eat mostly bottles and they mostly just stay in one spot. No issues, you can go places and even though you have to pack up your whole house to be prepared you can relax. And if you are in my family someone is always willing to hold or feed or change a baby. 7-months to 2.5 years old is what I refer to as the lost years. You have so many things you have to do for them they are not potty trained and they are mobile and get into EVERYTHING. Going outside is more work than its worth and with twins they scatter in opposite directions. Three on one is so hard handle in big open spaces. I would often find myself skipping outside time because the work was just too much for me. When the twins turned 3 and Grayson was 6 it felt like we had a

Home Schooling

Ah home schooling something that all of the country was thrown into. March 13 th was the last day that Grayson went to school and Charlotte and Marshalls last day was March 12 th . We got the call on March 15 th that school was closed for 2 weeks and that a pick up for at home materials would be on Tuesday. It was not required just suggested and so we loosely did school work. A worksheet here, spelling words here, some math problems ya know simple things. We truly believed that 2 weeks and they would be back in the classroom that is what the district presented as happening and so the distance learning was just to occupy time not to really learn anything new. Everything we were given was review.  Then we got the notification March 30 th we were closed again for another 2 weeks. Again, we were being loose with the learning because I was now working from home all but one day a week and had all three kids home and lets be honest it was a lot. Michael was still working 4-5 days a wee