Skip to main content

This that and an update....

I did it I survived my first day of work. It went good.  I only called Michael 32165464 3 times to check on my babies. Not that I don't trust him, just that well for the last 9 ish weeks I have been with them everyday, all day and I missed them. 

So yesterday I signed up for the gym. You could do it on-line and then just had to stop in to get your access key so I signed up Michael and I for the gym and then went after work to pick up our keys. I ran to the grocery store after and got dinner. I got home later than I wanted and the night felt so rushed. But I'm proud to say that I already made it to the gym this morning for my first workout. I decided that on Monday's and Tuesday's I will go before work since they open at 5 and it is 2 seconds from work I really only have to wake up 20 mins earlier and then I get to go home right after work and be with my family, beacuse when I leave at 5:30 in the morning they are all sleeping. Now on Wednesday-Friday it will be after work because I have to take Grayson so school and wait for my mom to come to the house for the twins. But I'm commited to 4 days a week for sure if not 5 just depends on our Friday plans.



Okay so update on our 3 nuggets...

Grayson is just amazing at being a big brother. He loves his babies so hard and he will argue with you until the cows come home that they are in fact his babies and not yours. Love it. However he has a hard time with listening the first time we tell him to do something or ask him something and so we are working on it and spending some significant time in time out lately, but there has been an improvement so we are thankful for that. Plus his eating is getting worse. He will not try any new food (even though we always offer it) and has started to not want to eat is normal things he used to. It's a work in progress and we are just kind of trying anything to get him to eat more than granola bars and cheez its. He is all about Star Wars and being outside. I had to drag him in the other day because it was getting too hot out ( 94!) and he was starting to get rosy cheeks. He took a good nap that day! His nicknames right now are Grapes, Grapeson, Gracer the racer, Grapers, and Grace.


Marshall is still battling a little big of a stuffy nose but we can get him suctioned out pretty good. He is still having gas problems and we have tried new bottles and now our next step will be changing formulas. We go to the doctor on the 5th and we will try and figure out our next move them. We started loosly following Babywise and it has extened their sleep out pretty good. They are now giving me a solid 5-6 hours of sleep a night most nights and napping pretty good throughout the day. The witching hours is between 5-7 which is our craziest time of night because babies have the best timing. They usually always lose their minds the second we take Grayson in for a shower/bath, go figure. Marshall is my jumpy baby as in he jumps when a loud noise startles him and wakes up. He will also be sleeping so sound and then his arms and legs will shoot up and he goes into a straight scream poor thing, I always just figure he was having the falling dream. All those things make him not the best sleeper for naps but at night he does pretty good. He loves to hold his head up and look all around, he's nosy like his big brother. His nicknames as of right now are Marsh, Marshy Moo, Marshkal, Marshall man ( sang to the tune of do you know the muffin man) Marshy Marsh Marsh. (and now we sound crazy ha!)

Charlotte she is my sleeper. She sleeps really good although would prefer to be held. She is not the best eater but the doctor is not concerned. She will eat 4 ounces one feeding, 1 ounce the next, then 2 ounces then back to 4. She is still gaining weight so we just figure she will eat when she is hungry. We do offer a bottle every 3 hours during the day, so even if she is asleep we try to wake her up and feed her. She loves to lay on the activity mat and is not a huge fan of the swing. I love dressing her up in all the girl clothes and she does not seem to mind bows on her head which is good. She is my little red head and I kind of love it. Her nicknames are Sissy, Sis, CC, Char Char, Charlips, and Charlippers. (Okay we are crazy)


Overall we are just surviving. I always say to Michael we are like a swimmer. We look good on the surface  but we are treading water like crazy just trying to stay afloat underneath. I know how fast this goes so I'm trying to soak it all in. But sometimes the lack of sleep/screaming baby makes it hard. One day we might just figure this family of 5 thing out.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favorites

Love that it's Friday Love that its Friday and we have a beautiful weekend ahead of us! Linking up with Andrea today! One These PJ's. When we first got married (and even before I was married really) I used to wear cute PJ's to bed and then I started to wear not so cute PJ's to bed so I ordered some new ones and OMG girls get these now. So so soft so so comfy and under $20.00! Plus they have pockets!   Two While your shopping at Kohls throw some of these picture frames in your cart! Just for fun! I love that they are easy to change out and have a distressed look! Plus they can sit on a shelf or be hung on the wall. Love! Three We have been swimming like crazy and that equals all the things that go with swimming like a million towels and swim suits. My bathroom was a mess. I usually never wash my swim suits I just rinse them out and hang dry they last a lot longer doing it that way and so I had things hanging every where! So I ord

A nice little sweet spot

The sweet spot…. We seem to have hit one. I feel like we have not been in a sweet spot since the twins were about 6 months old. You know before they were mobile and can get into a ton of mischief. When kids are 0-6 months they still like to be held they eat mostly bottles and they mostly just stay in one spot. No issues, you can go places and even though you have to pack up your whole house to be prepared you can relax. And if you are in my family someone is always willing to hold or feed or change a baby. 7-months to 2.5 years old is what I refer to as the lost years. You have so many things you have to do for them they are not potty trained and they are mobile and get into EVERYTHING. Going outside is more work than its worth and with twins they scatter in opposite directions. Three on one is so hard handle in big open spaces. I would often find myself skipping outside time because the work was just too much for me. When the twins turned 3 and Grayson was 6 it felt like we had a

Home Schooling

Ah home schooling something that all of the country was thrown into. March 13 th was the last day that Grayson went to school and Charlotte and Marshalls last day was March 12 th . We got the call on March 15 th that school was closed for 2 weeks and that a pick up for at home materials would be on Tuesday. It was not required just suggested and so we loosely did school work. A worksheet here, spelling words here, some math problems ya know simple things. We truly believed that 2 weeks and they would be back in the classroom that is what the district presented as happening and so the distance learning was just to occupy time not to really learn anything new. Everything we were given was review.  Then we got the notification March 30 th we were closed again for another 2 weeks. Again, we were being loose with the learning because I was now working from home all but one day a week and had all three kids home and lets be honest it was a lot. Michael was still working 4-5 days a wee