Skip to main content

29 week bump date




And just for fun a difference between 23 and 29 I have gotten so big 







How far along? 29 weeks

Total weight gain: 48 pounds

Maternity clothes? Yes 

Stretch marks? Yes and it is what it is.

Sleep: Staying asleep is a problem because I flip and flop from my left to my right side the other night I saw almost every hour on the clock.  

Best moment this week: Going on a little shopping trip with my mom. It was short and sweet but I needed some one on one time with my Mama. Plus I got some super cute newborn sleepers for the twins

Miss Anything? I can’t wait to sleep on my stomach or back really anywhere but my side at this point

 Movement: Big movements like my stomach takes on many forms and can be downright painful when they move in opposite directions. Plus baby Boy is breech and so his head is up in my rib which is quite painful.

Food cravings: Cadburry cream eggs. Pizza logs w/ranch and still cereal all day every day.

Anything making you queasy or sick: Acid reflux is in full force again no matter what I eat. I drank water too fast the other day (I guess?) and I threw it all up. I think it has to do with the fact that baby boy is so high up and they are just pushing everything everywhere. Doctor says to eat an apple and that will help so I have a huge bowl full at home now, we will see.

Gender: Boy and Girl

Labor Signs: Nope

Symptoms: Just overall my body is achy. I’m measuring 40+ weeks pregnant so that has a lot to do with it plus I have 6 + pounds of baby and two of everything so that extra weight is starting to take its toll on my body.

Belly Button in or out? Out 

Wedding rings on or off? Off
 
Happy or Moody most of the time: HAPPY!

Looking forward to: A day of sleeping in. My mom is taking Grayson overnight Friday to Saturday and so I will get to sleep in Saturday morning which this pregnant lady is excited about.

Grayson: He told me he is ready for my belly to not be big again. Poor boy gets frustrated that I can’t give him a bath or get down on the floor and play with him. I have been trying really hard to make sure that I snuggle on the couch while we watch a movie or read books but I get it he wants the fun mommy back not the one that says “I can’t pick you up like that my belly is too big” Soon my love we are in single digit weekly countdown anywhere from 5-8 week until these babies are here. 


So this week my mental state has started to have some trouble. I think it’s just the unknown of it all.  I had it set in my mind that I would be working until the end of this month and well that’s not going to happen. As of today I have one week left of work and even that I had to fight for. So March 17th will be my last day until after the babies. I have had a hard time wrapping my head around this. The doctor has two major concerns, One driving, he prefers I not drive everyday to and from work and two that I’m already measuring 40+ weeks pregnant and he wants my body in the most relaxed state as possible as to keep the babies in as long as possible. He keeps telling me that he is hoping I make it to 34 weeks (that way I can stay at my hospital and not have to go to a different one with a higher level NICU) but I want to make it to 36 week plus. So if stopping work is what I have to do then that’s just how it is. My parents will still be picking up Grayson and taking him to daycare 3 days a week so that his schedule stays the same, and that way I really can just relax on those days. This is all just a shock and knowing that in as soon as 5 weeks we could have babies is just hard to hear. Plus my body aching and feeling like it’s falling apart isn’t helping. Here’s hoping this next week goes by fast and that once I’m home I really can just relax and keep these sweet babies cooking as long as possible.Plus there are things I can't do like take Grayson to the Easter egg hunt this weekend (so thankful that my Momma is doing this for me) and I can't bowl when we go bowling for his birthday. I know this time will be fleeting and just a blip on the radar and that the end result of all the sacrifices of having two babies will be worth it sometimes I just let it get the best of me.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favorites

Love that it's Friday Love that its Friday and we have a beautiful weekend ahead of us! Linking up with Andrea today! One These PJ's. When we first got married (and even before I was married really) I used to wear cute PJ's to bed and then I started to wear not so cute PJ's to bed so I ordered some new ones and OMG girls get these now. So so soft so so comfy and under $20.00! Plus they have pockets!   Two While your shopping at Kohls throw some of these picture frames in your cart! Just for fun! I love that they are easy to change out and have a distressed look! Plus they can sit on a shelf or be hung on the wall. Love! Three We have been swimming like crazy and that equals all the things that go with swimming like a million towels and swim suits. My bathroom was a mess. I usually never wash my swim suits I just rinse them out and hang dry they last a lot longer doing it that way and so I had things hanging every where! So I ord

A nice little sweet spot

The sweet spot…. We seem to have hit one. I feel like we have not been in a sweet spot since the twins were about 6 months old. You know before they were mobile and can get into a ton of mischief. When kids are 0-6 months they still like to be held they eat mostly bottles and they mostly just stay in one spot. No issues, you can go places and even though you have to pack up your whole house to be prepared you can relax. And if you are in my family someone is always willing to hold or feed or change a baby. 7-months to 2.5 years old is what I refer to as the lost years. You have so many things you have to do for them they are not potty trained and they are mobile and get into EVERYTHING. Going outside is more work than its worth and with twins they scatter in opposite directions. Three on one is so hard handle in big open spaces. I would often find myself skipping outside time because the work was just too much for me. When the twins turned 3 and Grayson was 6 it felt like we had a

Home Schooling

Ah home schooling something that all of the country was thrown into. March 13 th was the last day that Grayson went to school and Charlotte and Marshalls last day was March 12 th . We got the call on March 15 th that school was closed for 2 weeks and that a pick up for at home materials would be on Tuesday. It was not required just suggested and so we loosely did school work. A worksheet here, spelling words here, some math problems ya know simple things. We truly believed that 2 weeks and they would be back in the classroom that is what the district presented as happening and so the distance learning was just to occupy time not to really learn anything new. Everything we were given was review.  Then we got the notification March 30 th we were closed again for another 2 weeks. Again, we were being loose with the learning because I was now working from home all but one day a week and had all three kids home and lets be honest it was a lot. Michael was still working 4-5 days a wee