Skip to main content

It was wonderful

This weekend was wonderful. Busy but wonderful.



Friday- I grabbed Grayson from daycare and we headed to get baby donuts like we every Friday and as I pulled into the drive thru I realized I didn't have my card with me. I had put it in my coat pocked after pumping gas the night before and never took it back out. So I scrounged my purse and found $1.50 and paid in quarters and pennies. Ha! Oh well he still got his donuts. Then we headed home and I got to cooking my homemade french onion soup for my father in law dinner. We ate dinner with him and had cake and then it was tubby time and bed time for all of us. I was exhausted!




Saturday Grayson and I got up and relaxed for a little bit then we got busy in the kitchen making Cinnamon butter to hand out to our family for Thanksgiving.You can find the recipe here and it is delish. I doubled it and everyone loves it so that's a plus. It is for sure something that is easy to make with kids. Then we did the good old hand print turkey to handout to everyone. Grayson loves crafts and painting so he loved this one so much. We made 12 turkeys and while I though it would take forever sweet boy did so good we knocked it out in 15 mins. Plus at the end I let him paint my hand and we put my turkey hand print on one and he got to give it to Daddy when he got home. Then it was lunch and nap for Grayson and pie making for me. I made my lemon meringue pie and chocolate pie for the next days Thanksgiving.

Michael came home with Libby and we packed everything up and headed to my Mom's house to cook! We made stuffing, coleslaw, stuffed the turkey, and peeled the potatoes. Doing all this the night before makes my mom's morning a breeze the next day.


Sunday- we got up and had Cinnamon rolls for breakfast. Grayson and I went grocery shopping and then after naps we headed back over for the feast. It was so much fun. We laughed a ton, ate a ton, the kids wrestled a ton and we played cards. It was such a good night.


This week is a short week. Yesterday was a crazy day at work I had to process payroll for the whole company in one day. It normally takes me 2.5 so that was insane, but we like to give our employees their paycheck prior to the holiday. Today I have a follow up appointment with my Dr, and tomorrow is date night with my hubby.


I just want to take a second and say that I'm so thankful for my family and our health. We have some scares and hard times in this last year but it has just shown me how strong our family is and that through the highs and lows we stick together. I'm also so thankful for this pregnancy and my relationship with God. He gets me through and I would be lost without. I hope everyone gets to enjoy their family this week and that everyone is safe.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favorites

Love that it's Friday Love that its Friday and we have a beautiful weekend ahead of us! Linking up with Andrea today! One These PJ's. When we first got married (and even before I was married really) I used to wear cute PJ's to bed and then I started to wear not so cute PJ's to bed so I ordered some new ones and OMG girls get these now. So so soft so so comfy and under $20.00! Plus they have pockets!   Two While your shopping at Kohls throw some of these picture frames in your cart! Just for fun! I love that they are easy to change out and have a distressed look! Plus they can sit on a shelf or be hung on the wall. Love! Three We have been swimming like crazy and that equals all the things that go with swimming like a million towels and swim suits. My bathroom was a mess. I usually never wash my swim suits I just rinse them out and hang dry they last a lot longer doing it that way and so I had things hanging every where! So I ord

A nice little sweet spot

The sweet spot…. We seem to have hit one. I feel like we have not been in a sweet spot since the twins were about 6 months old. You know before they were mobile and can get into a ton of mischief. When kids are 0-6 months they still like to be held they eat mostly bottles and they mostly just stay in one spot. No issues, you can go places and even though you have to pack up your whole house to be prepared you can relax. And if you are in my family someone is always willing to hold or feed or change a baby. 7-months to 2.5 years old is what I refer to as the lost years. You have so many things you have to do for them they are not potty trained and they are mobile and get into EVERYTHING. Going outside is more work than its worth and with twins they scatter in opposite directions. Three on one is so hard handle in big open spaces. I would often find myself skipping outside time because the work was just too much for me. When the twins turned 3 and Grayson was 6 it felt like we had a

Home Schooling

Ah home schooling something that all of the country was thrown into. March 13 th was the last day that Grayson went to school and Charlotte and Marshalls last day was March 12 th . We got the call on March 15 th that school was closed for 2 weeks and that a pick up for at home materials would be on Tuesday. It was not required just suggested and so we loosely did school work. A worksheet here, spelling words here, some math problems ya know simple things. We truly believed that 2 weeks and they would be back in the classroom that is what the district presented as happening and so the distance learning was just to occupy time not to really learn anything new. Everything we were given was review.  Then we got the notification March 30 th we were closed again for another 2 weeks. Again, we were being loose with the learning because I was now working from home all but one day a week and had all three kids home and lets be honest it was a lot. Michael was still working 4-5 days a wee