Skip to main content

Friday Favorites-Traditions

Friday Favorites and this list includes all of my favorite holiday traditions and products!!! Happy Holidays and don't forget to link up with Andrea for today!



One
Cookie Exchange
We did this this two weekends ago and I love it. The kids really get into decorating and it's nice to only have to make one or two kinds of cookies but get 6 different to take home. Plus I'm a sucker for good memories and anytime we are with family that is what happens.





Two
Two Christmas'
Okay so this started when my niece was born but we do Christmas with my brother and his family the Sunday before Christmas. This gives us a ton of time with them and it is just more relaxed. Plus we have so much yummy food. I love this time with them and the kids getting there gifts and enjoying them because they don't have to rush to the next place is the highlight for me


Three
Just the 3 of us. 
Once we had Grayson we decided to do Christmas morning at our house and then head to my parents for gifts and brunch. I love that time in the morning just the 3 of us. We cook Cinnamon rolls, make coffee and open gifts. We still get to my parents around 8:30(because my kid thinks sleeping in is 6) and enjoy another round of presents there but those few hours just us has always been a favorite of mine. 


Four
Christmas Eve
This is the big night with my Mom's side of the family. We head to my Aunt's house exchange gifts then head to my Uncles house for a huge party. There is so much food and family it makes my heart happy. Plus this is when my Mama makes her pizza bread and I overeat until I can't walk. 


Five
Christmas Brunch
We do brunch and it's my favorite. Eggs, french toast, Cinnamon rolls, donut, cheesy potatoes, sausage, bacon, toast, you name it we have it. This time is so special for me because me and dad usually run it and do most of the cooking. It's memories I have of being a young girl and cooking with my dad. I'm excited to share all of this with Grayson.



Some other tradition worth mentioning
We always always always watch It's a Wonderful Life while wrapping presents
I have at least one glass of egg nog during the season
We get new jimmy jams for Christmas morning 
Santa gives one gift in our house and it is usually the bigger gift and not wrapped
We do stockings but fun little things like socks and crayons plus a snack
We give an ornament every year
Riley (our black lab) gets gifts too
We open gifts by age youngest to oldest I can't imagine doing it any other way
Setting out cookies for Santa is a must and we do reindeer food too (oatmeal and glitter)
Yes we do the Elf but Elf light this year as in he just moves around no funky business yet


Now two of my favorite Candles that Scream CHRISTMAS!!!!

Bath and Body works candles just make me happy
Fresh Balsam 3-Wick Candle - Home Fragrance 1037181 - Bath & Body Works
Fresh Balsam
I love this one since we have an artificial tree it still brings the "christmas" smell to my house!
 Winter Candy Apple 3-Wick Candle - Home Fragrance 1037181 - Bath & Body Works

Winter Candy Apple
This one is really a winter scent for me and I use it until March.


They are on sale for $12 so stock up!





 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favorites

Love that it's Friday Love that its Friday and we have a beautiful weekend ahead of us! Linking up with Andrea today! One These PJ's. When we first got married (and even before I was married really) I used to wear cute PJ's to bed and then I started to wear not so cute PJ's to bed so I ordered some new ones and OMG girls get these now. So so soft so so comfy and under $20.00! Plus they have pockets!   Two While your shopping at Kohls throw some of these picture frames in your cart! Just for fun! I love that they are easy to change out and have a distressed look! Plus they can sit on a shelf or be hung on the wall. Love! Three We have been swimming like crazy and that equals all the things that go with swimming like a million towels and swim suits. My bathroom was a mess. I usually never wash my swim suits I just rinse them out and hang dry they last a lot longer doing it that way and so I had things hanging every where! So I ord

A nice little sweet spot

The sweet spot…. We seem to have hit one. I feel like we have not been in a sweet spot since the twins were about 6 months old. You know before they were mobile and can get into a ton of mischief. When kids are 0-6 months they still like to be held they eat mostly bottles and they mostly just stay in one spot. No issues, you can go places and even though you have to pack up your whole house to be prepared you can relax. And if you are in my family someone is always willing to hold or feed or change a baby. 7-months to 2.5 years old is what I refer to as the lost years. You have so many things you have to do for them they are not potty trained and they are mobile and get into EVERYTHING. Going outside is more work than its worth and with twins they scatter in opposite directions. Three on one is so hard handle in big open spaces. I would often find myself skipping outside time because the work was just too much for me. When the twins turned 3 and Grayson was 6 it felt like we had a

Home Schooling

Ah home schooling something that all of the country was thrown into. March 13 th was the last day that Grayson went to school and Charlotte and Marshalls last day was March 12 th . We got the call on March 15 th that school was closed for 2 weeks and that a pick up for at home materials would be on Tuesday. It was not required just suggested and so we loosely did school work. A worksheet here, spelling words here, some math problems ya know simple things. We truly believed that 2 weeks and they would be back in the classroom that is what the district presented as happening and so the distance learning was just to occupy time not to really learn anything new. Everything we were given was review.  Then we got the notification March 30 th we were closed again for another 2 weeks. Again, we were being loose with the learning because I was now working from home all but one day a week and had all three kids home and lets be honest it was a lot. Michael was still working 4-5 days a wee