Skip to main content

Update on the Smith Squad

When I was pregnant with the twins Michael dubbed us the Smith Squad and now Grayson refers to us as the quite often and I kind of love it.

So here is a little update on my Smith Squad

Grayson
Is thriving in Kinder. Exceeding my expectations.
He is friendly to all and does well with his assignments. He is writing more and more and starting to read. At his teacher conference she used the words kind to describe him and that just makes a parents heart fill right up. 

He is my budding artist. He will come home from school pull out a notebook and just draw until dinner. It's different everyday but he explains them in their entirety to us before bed each night. He even made Baby Jordyn a book for her birthday it was the sweetest thing ever.

He is still in love with Hockey and even though we decided to take a session off from his hockey clinic we are so glad we did because he has the opportunity to play with a program run by the Buffalo Sabres alumni and so he will do that in January. He is beyond excited!

We pray that he keeps his sweetness forever. Daily he warms my heart with his little comments like "you are such a great mommy for putting 6 peanut butter balls in my lunch for me today" I hope he keeps that always


Charlotte
Baby and book obsessed. She must have a baby or book with her at all times. She sleeps with books in her crib that she reads by the light of her glow worm.

She is the ruler of the roost and also the little mother to her brothers. If I remind them to be kind or no wrestling she is right behind me with a bunch of sass yelling "no wrestling buddies I mean it" with a wave of her finger.

She is my most strong willed child. We attempted potty training in October and she legit held it until I put a diaper on her. She did not care about snacks or treats or toys. She will also not eat something if she doesn't want to even if you promise her chocolate.

She is full of love and spunk. She will randomly walk up to you and grab your face and say "oh I just lobe you" and then plant is big kiss on you. Then she runs away singing some made up song. She will also take your cell phone and run away singing na na na na with her tongue out. Spunk all the way


Marshall

Sports obsessed. He will watch hockey games in their entirety. He plays hockey in the house all the time. He loves football and golf. He just loves it all. We have already decided that his present from us for his birthday will be learn to  skate. He can start when he is three and we will have him signed up for that ASAP after his birthday


He is a mama's boy. He clings to me more than the other two and when he is uncomfortable he wants me. We went out the other night and my mom watched them and he screamed for me to not leave. Break my heart buddy.

He is my sleeper still to this day. He will say I'm ready to go to bed. Also my good eater he will try anything once and usually likes most things.

He loves to sing and play guitar. He will just walk around singing songs all day along. The other day he was belting out jingle bells and it was the sweetest thing.


I'm a proud Mama of these kiddos. I mean they fight don't get me wrong but they love each other so so big. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favorites

Love that it's Friday Love that its Friday and we have a beautiful weekend ahead of us! Linking up with Andrea today! One These PJ's. When we first got married (and even before I was married really) I used to wear cute PJ's to bed and then I started to wear not so cute PJ's to bed so I ordered some new ones and OMG girls get these now. So so soft so so comfy and under $20.00! Plus they have pockets!   Two While your shopping at Kohls throw some of these picture frames in your cart! Just for fun! I love that they are easy to change out and have a distressed look! Plus they can sit on a shelf or be hung on the wall. Love! Three We have been swimming like crazy and that equals all the things that go with swimming like a million towels and swim suits. My bathroom was a mess. I usually never wash my swim suits I just rinse them out and hang dry they last a lot longer doing it that way and so I had things hanging every where! So I ord

A nice little sweet spot

The sweet spot…. We seem to have hit one. I feel like we have not been in a sweet spot since the twins were about 6 months old. You know before they were mobile and can get into a ton of mischief. When kids are 0-6 months they still like to be held they eat mostly bottles and they mostly just stay in one spot. No issues, you can go places and even though you have to pack up your whole house to be prepared you can relax. And if you are in my family someone is always willing to hold or feed or change a baby. 7-months to 2.5 years old is what I refer to as the lost years. You have so many things you have to do for them they are not potty trained and they are mobile and get into EVERYTHING. Going outside is more work than its worth and with twins they scatter in opposite directions. Three on one is so hard handle in big open spaces. I would often find myself skipping outside time because the work was just too much for me. When the twins turned 3 and Grayson was 6 it felt like we had a

Home Schooling

Ah home schooling something that all of the country was thrown into. March 13 th was the last day that Grayson went to school and Charlotte and Marshalls last day was March 12 th . We got the call on March 15 th that school was closed for 2 weeks and that a pick up for at home materials would be on Tuesday. It was not required just suggested and so we loosely did school work. A worksheet here, spelling words here, some math problems ya know simple things. We truly believed that 2 weeks and they would be back in the classroom that is what the district presented as happening and so the distance learning was just to occupy time not to really learn anything new. Everything we were given was review.  Then we got the notification March 30 th we were closed again for another 2 weeks. Again, we were being loose with the learning because I was now working from home all but one day a week and had all three kids home and lets be honest it was a lot. Michael was still working 4-5 days a wee