Skip to main content

A day in our life Friday Edition

I normally do a day in the life post on a day that I get up and out and head to work. 
Well I decided to do one on Friday when I'm home and this past Friday just happened to be a day that Grayson had a half day of school so it's extra special.


6:15- I'm up. I could sleep in but I find my day goes smoother when I'm not summoned from my bed by the small people that run my house. I get up feed Riley and make my cup of coffee. I turn on the tree and usually shoot a text to Michael to let him know I'm up and what time I can schedule our grocery pick up for ( this depends on his work load for the day) I finish that up and turn on a Hallmark Christmas movie because tis' the season

7:00 I hear Grayson starting to stir in his room and I run and shut off the tree just so he can turn it on because he loves it so much. Michael insists that this is over the top but oh well I still do it. Grayson comes down the stairs we find our elf who brought baking supplies and asks if he can watch Santa Paws on his iPad for a little bit while he wakes up. I get his milk and some muffins and he snuggles in next to me and we enjoy the glow of the tree and our feel good movies

7:45- The babies have been chatting at each other for a good 20 mins. I make them chocolate milk (carnation instant breakfast) and get them muffins and head up to get them out of their cribs. Yes they still sleep in cribs and I plan to keep it that way until I no longer can. Them being contained is survival right now.

8:15-Breakfast is done first round of diapers are changed and we are getting Grayson ready for school. He gets dressed, brushes his teeth and then I help him with his hair. I double check the back pack no lunch today due to the early dismissal. 

8:40 Grayson is on the bus and off to school and the babies scream from the front door "Bye Grayson" a million times

9:15 I'm just about done with my coffee and I start my project for the day. The toy room. I need this cleaned before Christmas so I'm starting today. Why my kids collect random plastic straws and have a million little pieces of paper will forever boggle my mind. Out goes broken toys and I make a pile of things for Grayson to review for donation. 

10:30 an hour in and I need a break. I decide to fold and put away all the laundry and start prepping things for cookie making. We have our 9th annual cookie exchange tomorrow I need need to make two different kinds of cookies 7 dozen of each. I plan to knock the first kind out while the twins nap.

11:45 I'm getting lunch ready so that when Grayson gets home we can eat and Sissy and Marshall can head to bed. I'm a horrible food mom. I legit feed them a "snack lunch" 9/10 times. This means that I give them a yogurt, peaches, peanut butter balls, goldfish and fruit pouch. I just would rather give them food I know they will eat then cook a big lunch and have them not eat any of it.

12:10 Grayson is home. They ask for a picnic lunch I say yes so that I can eat in peace. I put on a Christmas movie and heat up left over pizza for me to eat. 

12:45 Marshall and Charlotte are down for a nap. I planned on doing cookies but the toy room was taking longer than I thought so Grayson and I keep working on that. Leo our elf brought a sack for the kids to fill with toys they wanted to donate that they have to leave under the tree on Christmas Eve so Grayson helped fill that up.

3:00 The toy room is as done as it's going to get. I probably have another good hour of work in there but dinner needs to get started and Michael is home with the groceries.

4:00 Babies are up groceries are put away and it's time to start dinner. I was going to make chicken pot pie but got distracted with the delivery of Grayson's new hockey equipment so breakfast it is

5:00 We sit down for dinner eggs over easy and bacon.

5:45 I'm in the kitchen getting things ready for cookies. We start with M&M cookies and bust those out. Michael gives baths and get them cozy in their jammies and puts on a Christmas movie. I give them the task of unwrapping all the kisses for our next cookie.

7:00 Onto the peanut butter blossom cookies these are Graysons favorite cookies

8:00 Marshall and Charlotte head up to bed and I spend some time with just Grayson. We bust out his Christmas activity book and do a color by number together.

8:45 I put Grayson to bed we read a book and chat about the plans for the next day. He is exhausted and so am I but I won't be going to bed for a while because the cookies need to cool and for some reason the Hershey kisses on the peanut butter cookies take a sweet forever to cool so I hunker down with some laundry and the new season of The Ranch. I'm 3 episodes in and I have cried like a baby at them all.

9:45 still not solid enough to pack up so I'm onto round two of laundry to fold. I switch to a hallmark movie because I need something lighthearted before bed.

10:30 Finally check them again they are good. I get them all packaged up and then finish picking up the kitchen. I get things around for the next day and pick up all the random toys that are in the entryway of the toy room.

11:15 Almost up to bed when I remember that I need to move Leo so I grab a bowl a bunch of mini marshmallows and plop him in there

I'm asleep by midnight just to wake up and start all over again.

I have decided this holiday season that I'm going to stay up late if I have to and get a little done at a time. Last year I pushed things off and was a little all over the place and was stressed out. This year I have a plan and I have decided that an hour or two of sleep that I miss once a weekend it worth it for me to not be scrambling the week of Christmas. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favorites

Love that it's Friday Love that its Friday and we have a beautiful weekend ahead of us! Linking up with Andrea today! One These PJ's. When we first got married (and even before I was married really) I used to wear cute PJ's to bed and then I started to wear not so cute PJ's to bed so I ordered some new ones and OMG girls get these now. So so soft so so comfy and under $20.00! Plus they have pockets!   Two While your shopping at Kohls throw some of these picture frames in your cart! Just for fun! I love that they are easy to change out and have a distressed look! Plus they can sit on a shelf or be hung on the wall. Love! Three We have been swimming like crazy and that equals all the things that go with swimming like a million towels and swim suits. My bathroom was a mess. I usually never wash my swim suits I just rinse them out and hang dry they last a lot longer doing it that way and so I had things hanging every where! So I ord

A nice little sweet spot

The sweet spot…. We seem to have hit one. I feel like we have not been in a sweet spot since the twins were about 6 months old. You know before they were mobile and can get into a ton of mischief. When kids are 0-6 months they still like to be held they eat mostly bottles and they mostly just stay in one spot. No issues, you can go places and even though you have to pack up your whole house to be prepared you can relax. And if you are in my family someone is always willing to hold or feed or change a baby. 7-months to 2.5 years old is what I refer to as the lost years. You have so many things you have to do for them they are not potty trained and they are mobile and get into EVERYTHING. Going outside is more work than its worth and with twins they scatter in opposite directions. Three on one is so hard handle in big open spaces. I would often find myself skipping outside time because the work was just too much for me. When the twins turned 3 and Grayson was 6 it felt like we had a

Home Schooling

Ah home schooling something that all of the country was thrown into. March 13 th was the last day that Grayson went to school and Charlotte and Marshalls last day was March 12 th . We got the call on March 15 th that school was closed for 2 weeks and that a pick up for at home materials would be on Tuesday. It was not required just suggested and so we loosely did school work. A worksheet here, spelling words here, some math problems ya know simple things. We truly believed that 2 weeks and they would be back in the classroom that is what the district presented as happening and so the distance learning was just to occupy time not to really learn anything new. Everything we were given was review.  Then we got the notification March 30 th we were closed again for another 2 weeks. Again, we were being loose with the learning because I was now working from home all but one day a week and had all three kids home and lets be honest it was a lot. Michael was still working 4-5 days a wee