Skip to main content

Random laundry confessions

Is it just me or is laundry crazy


We have 5 people in our house

Towels alone for the week are 16-20 towels......a week

You have bedding for 4 beds so that is 4 fitted sheets, we are blanket people to at least 2 blankets per bed so 8 blankets and then 10 pillow cases.

That alone is 4 loads of laundry

Clothes

The kids clothes are smaller but man they go through more. They each have a pair of pj's per day and Sissy and Marshall have a undershirt to go with that. Then they have an outfit for the day. Plus socks.
So in one day we amass 3 pairs of pj's, 4 undershirts, 3 t-shirts, 3 pairs of pants, and 3 sets of socks.

Kids clothes alone I do 3 loads of laundry a week because for sure at least 2 days a week someone spilled on themselves and so outfit changes it is.

During hockey season that is a whole load by it self.


Michael has a load of work clothes

And then we do two loads of our laundry.

11-12 loads of laundry a week......I get why the Duggars needed all those washer and dryers. I would love a double washer and dryer right about now.

How young is too young to make kids do their own laundry?


I usually only have to do one of the kids loads because my aunt washes two loads on Tuesday's when she watches them. She also does a load of towels for us and folds it all. And then everyone said AMEN!!!!

Plus tell me I'm not alone in that I feel like when I'm putting laundry away that's a whole project every time. Kids grow out of thing/stain things every week it seems and so I feel like I'm constantly putting things into piles and re-organizing drawers.
Grayson's clothes have to get packed away for Marshall as he outgrows them. Marshall and Charlotte's clothes get packed up and given to my sister for her one day babies and some of Charlotte's clothes go to my sweet niece Jordy.

I spent 2.5 hours going through the babies dressers organizing and cleaning them out. Then I changed all the sheets, dusted and vacuumed.

I spent an additional 3 hours going through Grayson dresser and the next size clothes that he is growing into and organizing all of that stuff. We went through his books and stuffed animals and dusted and vacuumed his room as well.

I wanted to get our room done this weekend too but ha! That did not happen. So now I have that on my to do this next weekend.


Also my husband has super sensitive skin and I can only use Tide to wash our clothes. I buy the pods and we go through a big container about every 3ish weeks. Oh and my favorite stain spray is the OxiClean Max.....it gets out anything even chocolate stains that someone forgot to spray and you washed and dried the clothes just let it sit overnight and then wash and BAM good as new.



That is just my random laundry talk for the day because it consumed my Sunday!

Happy Monday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favorites

Love that it's Friday Love that its Friday and we have a beautiful weekend ahead of us! Linking up with Andrea today! One These PJ's. When we first got married (and even before I was married really) I used to wear cute PJ's to bed and then I started to wear not so cute PJ's to bed so I ordered some new ones and OMG girls get these now. So so soft so so comfy and under $20.00! Plus they have pockets!   Two While your shopping at Kohls throw some of these picture frames in your cart! Just for fun! I love that they are easy to change out and have a distressed look! Plus they can sit on a shelf or be hung on the wall. Love! Three We have been swimming like crazy and that equals all the things that go with swimming like a million towels and swim suits. My bathroom was a mess. I usually never wash my swim suits I just rinse them out and hang dry they last a lot longer doing it that way and so I had things hanging every where! So I ord

A nice little sweet spot

The sweet spot…. We seem to have hit one. I feel like we have not been in a sweet spot since the twins were about 6 months old. You know before they were mobile and can get into a ton of mischief. When kids are 0-6 months they still like to be held they eat mostly bottles and they mostly just stay in one spot. No issues, you can go places and even though you have to pack up your whole house to be prepared you can relax. And if you are in my family someone is always willing to hold or feed or change a baby. 7-months to 2.5 years old is what I refer to as the lost years. You have so many things you have to do for them they are not potty trained and they are mobile and get into EVERYTHING. Going outside is more work than its worth and with twins they scatter in opposite directions. Three on one is so hard handle in big open spaces. I would often find myself skipping outside time because the work was just too much for me. When the twins turned 3 and Grayson was 6 it felt like we had a

Home Schooling

Ah home schooling something that all of the country was thrown into. March 13 th was the last day that Grayson went to school and Charlotte and Marshalls last day was March 12 th . We got the call on March 15 th that school was closed for 2 weeks and that a pick up for at home materials would be on Tuesday. It was not required just suggested and so we loosely did school work. A worksheet here, spelling words here, some math problems ya know simple things. We truly believed that 2 weeks and they would be back in the classroom that is what the district presented as happening and so the distance learning was just to occupy time not to really learn anything new. Everything we were given was review.  Then we got the notification March 30 th we were closed again for another 2 weeks. Again, we were being loose with the learning because I was now working from home all but one day a week and had all three kids home and lets be honest it was a lot. Michael was still working 4-5 days a wee