Skip to main content

It's all down hill from here

Well it happened. On Friday I turned the big three-oh.  THIRTY

I remember being a kid and thinking how old my mother seemed at 32. Well folks now I'm there only thing is my kid things I'm 9746. Should probably get to working on the whole age thing with him. 


I had the best birthday weekend. Normally I don't take a whole weekend but it just kind of worked out that way this year. 

Friday (my actual birthday) Michael and I both took the day off. We dropped the nuggets off at daycare and headed to breakfast. We went to Tim Horton's got a breakfast sandwich and some coffee and just enjoyed our breakfast. 

Then we headed to do some birthday shopping for me. We hit up Target first and got some good deals. I of course could not resist some cute clothes for the kiddos and we needed diapers so we grabbed those too. But it was so nice to not have to worry about rushing back to the kids or having to go before a meltdown started. We just walked the isle's and looked at whatever we wanted. I cannot tell you the last time we did that.

We left Target and headed to the Christmas Tree Shops. I got a giant coffee mug and some sand buckets for the kids for my mom's house. It was a quick stop but that coffee mug made it worth it.


We headed to lunch at my favorite place for chicken tenders. Tully's. It is a local chain, there are 5 in total 3 local and 2 in Syracuse. Funny enough Michael knows the owner because they used to play pool together in Syracuse. We decided to eat at the bar because it was empty and we love eating at the bar. A plate of loaded fries later and an order of Tully's tenders and we were off to the mall.

I needed some new bra's because things have finally settled after having the twins and they have settled way south so I needed some help in that department. 


We then went to get me a new set of kicks. I got the best sneakers. They felt awesome from the time I put them on and I'm in love with them. We were shopped out and I had blown through my birthday budget. So we found a parking spot in the shade locked the doors and took a half an hour nap in the car (!!!) #parentsoftwinsthatareteething

We then headed to pick up our nuggets and grab a pizza for dinner. My parents and sister came over for cake then we crashed into bed. 

Saturday I had my second micro-derm facial and then I swung by to get steaks for dinner that night. After nap my sweet mom and aunt each came and took a baby and Aunt Halli had already grabbed Grayson to take him and Brayden to the Star Wars baseball game. So that left Michael and I with a stretch of 24 hours kid free!!!! This was the first time that we have been home together without kids since the babies were born. We got a ton of yard work done and then had a wonderful steak dinner and watched the two movies!!! The Bourne Identity and Good Will Hunting. Michael was stunned that I had not ever watched Good Will Hunting. 

We slept in!!! We slept through the night without having to wake up to kids!! We only slept in until 6:45 because when your a parent you cannot sleep past 7 I'm convinced of it!

Sunday we got up and watched another movie (Bourne Supremacy) while we ate breakfast then got to work on putting together the second dresser for the twins room. I got that all organized and now 16 months after they were born the nursery is done ha! We watched another movie (Bourne Ultimatum) and then got ready for my birthday dinner. We met my family for dinner at our local Italian place and had a wonderful meal. We got home put the nuggets to bed and then crashed. 


It was such a good weekend. I had the best birthday. And now it's all downhill from here right? I'm kidding my 20's were great. I'm really excited for what my 30's hold. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favorites

Love that it's Friday Love that its Friday and we have a beautiful weekend ahead of us! Linking up with Andrea today! One These PJ's. When we first got married (and even before I was married really) I used to wear cute PJ's to bed and then I started to wear not so cute PJ's to bed so I ordered some new ones and OMG girls get these now. So so soft so so comfy and under $20.00! Plus they have pockets!   Two While your shopping at Kohls throw some of these picture frames in your cart! Just for fun! I love that they are easy to change out and have a distressed look! Plus they can sit on a shelf or be hung on the wall. Love! Three We have been swimming like crazy and that equals all the things that go with swimming like a million towels and swim suits. My bathroom was a mess. I usually never wash my swim suits I just rinse them out and hang dry they last a lot longer doing it that way and so I had things hanging every where! So I ord

A nice little sweet spot

The sweet spot…. We seem to have hit one. I feel like we have not been in a sweet spot since the twins were about 6 months old. You know before they were mobile and can get into a ton of mischief. When kids are 0-6 months they still like to be held they eat mostly bottles and they mostly just stay in one spot. No issues, you can go places and even though you have to pack up your whole house to be prepared you can relax. And if you are in my family someone is always willing to hold or feed or change a baby. 7-months to 2.5 years old is what I refer to as the lost years. You have so many things you have to do for them they are not potty trained and they are mobile and get into EVERYTHING. Going outside is more work than its worth and with twins they scatter in opposite directions. Three on one is so hard handle in big open spaces. I would often find myself skipping outside time because the work was just too much for me. When the twins turned 3 and Grayson was 6 it felt like we had a

Home Schooling

Ah home schooling something that all of the country was thrown into. March 13 th was the last day that Grayson went to school and Charlotte and Marshalls last day was March 12 th . We got the call on March 15 th that school was closed for 2 weeks and that a pick up for at home materials would be on Tuesday. It was not required just suggested and so we loosely did school work. A worksheet here, spelling words here, some math problems ya know simple things. We truly believed that 2 weeks and they would be back in the classroom that is what the district presented as happening and so the distance learning was just to occupy time not to really learn anything new. Everything we were given was review.  Then we got the notification March 30 th we were closed again for another 2 weeks. Again, we were being loose with the learning because I was now working from home all but one day a week and had all three kids home and lets be honest it was a lot. Michael was still working 4-5 days a wee